+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: CROATIA 2 - 1 WALES

Re: FT: CROATIA 2 - 1 WALES

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    He was terrific. There was one ball where he found Matondo which was superb. He must start on Tuesday night.
    He keeps possession well and always plays the right ball, hence we became more of a threat going forward, and he wasn't at all fazed by the world class Croatian midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Wilson was very disappointing, had two very good chances
    Very frustrating today.

Strange how little has been made of that foul on Allen by the commentators, clear red card

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He was injured when he got fouled moments before
    Fair enough then.

Apparently Ben Davies may now be available on Tuesday night too. Very important we don’t lose to Hungary especially if they win today.
    I would question whether Roberts stays in the side and I would bring in Brooks for Wilson and Ampadu for Vaulks.

For the first goal Lawrence didn't track his man the moment the Croatian made the pass from just inside their own half.
    He should have anticipated a ball over the top into acres of space and didn't.
    That's why he was chasing back so vigorously and facing the goal at pace, led to an uncontrolled own goal.
    If he'd chased back with the Croatian just beyond him, he would have been in a much better position to defend with his back and side to the goal.

The second goal was appalling defending along with a lot of bad bounces

Apparently Ben Davies may now be available on Tuesday night too. Very important we don’t lose to Hungary especially if they win today.
    I would question whether Roberts stays in the side and I would bring in Brooks for Wilson and Ampadu for Vaulks.
    Brooks and Ampadu have fitness issues, otherwise they probably would have both started today. Maybe Giggs also had one eye on the Hungary game as the best chance to pick up some points, and he took the players recovery time into account.

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    For the first goal Lawrence didn't track his man the moment the Croatian made the pass from just inside their own half.
    He should have anticipated a ball over the top into acres of space and didn't.
    That's why he was chasing back so vigorously and facing the goal at pace, led to an uncontrolled own goal.
    If he'd chased back with the Croatian just beyond him, he would have been in a much better position to defend with his back and side to the goal.

The second goal was appalling defending along with a lot of bad bounces
    How many times did we see our defenders being turned by a ball that left them off the pace? It happened throughout the game as they got behind our back four time and time again.

Side issue. We need better than Vaulks.

The coverage over here was appalling. Pictures from a Croatian director, no pre-game, no half time discussion and no post game. I still haven't seen a decent replay of the foul that wasn't given.

How many times did we see our defenders being turned by a ball that left them off the pace? It happened throughout the game as they got behind our back four time and time again.
    We need to massively improve our decision making, anticipation, special awareness, our thought processes, our unit awareness and game management.

With Giggs experience and his contacts, he should be able to pass those things on to the majority of our players.

That said, I thought there were a number of positives and I enjoyed the last 10-15 minutes.

Not a great result, but the difference in Welsh squads of today, and those in the past is like night and day.

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    We need to massively improve our decision making, anticipation, special awareness, our thought processes, our unit awareness and game management.
    It all changed when Ampadu came on, he was giving instructions to everybody around him, while still doing the business himself. I can't believe he is only 18 y.o, he is mature beyond his years.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Not a great result, but the difference in Welsh squads of today, and those in the past is like night and day.
    We are not far from being a very good side with all our best players fit, and because many of them are so young they are only going to get better.

We still need another forward though.

We are not far from being a very good side with all our best players fit, and because many of them are so young they are only going to get better.

We still need another forward though.
    Totally agree.

I was explaining to some friends about six years ago, that whilst we lack a number of forwards, the FAW and it's management and development teams need to be fast tracking and focusing on developing forwards as a priority.

Choose the best young forwards from all of the developmental age groups, that is 7-8 years onwards and develop and hone their physical attacking skills, game management, decision making, game awareness and so much more.

Some of the above, as mentioned earlier, was appalling today.

Its extremely basic stuff and it cost us.

Very disappointing that we gave them two goals through basic errors but we got very lucky with their disallowed goal as far as I could see.

Far better for the last 20mins and with that chance in injury time we can justifiably say it could easily have been a draw.

Tough team to play in very tough conditions but that finish gives hope that when they get into a rhythm we have a team who can challenge anyone on their day. Let's just hope that there is some juice left in the tank for Tuesday night now.

Ampadu (also most tackles in match)
    --------------
    Minutes Played: 24
    Accurate Passes: 14
    Pass Success: 82%

Smith
    ---------
    Minutes Played: 65
    Accurate Passes: 10
    Pass Success: 66%

Vaulkes
    -------------
    Minutes Played: 66
    Accurate Passes: 12
    Pass Success: 66%

It's a tricky one with Ampadu though as if he is 100% match fit then he's a guaranteed starter. He's a least a full season of actually playing competitive football away from that though.

We saw last campaign that he really struggled with a 2 game turnaround and if I was in Gigg's shoes I'd also be targeting the Hungary game more than today's.

Hopefully that knock at the end hasn't aggregated anything as he has to start now on Tuesday in the hope of getting a good hour out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by caerkid View Post
    It's a tricky one with Ampadu though as if he was match fit then he's a guaranteed starter. He's a least another season of actually playing competitive football away from that though.

We saw last campaign that he really struggled with a 2 game turnaround and if I was in Giggs shoes I'd also be targeting the Hungary game more than today's.

Hopefully that knock at the end hasn't aggregated anything as he has to start now on Tuesday.
    He hasn't played since February either. Today was his 10th game of the season (5 with Wales!). He also only plays one or two games a month, which is just not good enough for a player with his talent. Sort it out Sarri!

With Chelsea:

1 game Nov
    1 game Dec
    2 games Jan
    1 game Feb

It all changed when Ampadu came on, he was giving instructions to everybody around him, while still doing the business himself. I can't believe he is only 18 y.o, he is mature beyond his years.
    And to think, you spotted him before anyone else, fantastic, well done you.

Highlights on MOTD Wales, 11.10pm @BBCOne Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    What's up with all the kuntish behaviour? I never spotted him you fecking d*ckhead, I just commented on his ability while he was progressing through the ranks from Exeter to becoming a Welsh star, via Chelsea. There are some right tw@ts on here!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    😂😂😂

He’s so inconspicuous looking as well. You’d never spot a kid with hair like Bob Marley and the passing range of Pirlo if it wasn’t for WB 😄

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    ������

He’s so inconspicuous looking as well. You’d never spot a kid with hair like Bob Marley and the passing range of Pirlo if it wasn’t for WB ��
    Best you stick to fly fishing as you are clueless about football!

Best you stick to fishing as you are clueless about football!
    Touché