+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TV advice. £399 or £3,999

Re: TV advice. £399 or £3,999

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I suppose you can compare it to lots of things for difference in price WATCHES, sound systems cars.

Ultimately they all do the same thing but just 1 is a bit better. It's all dependent on finances and enjoyment. Do i think I would enjoy a programme because the t.v. costs 10 times as much?
    I don't think I would

I've no doubt the quality is better but it wouldn't enhance my life

All we do is when we have more money is buy slightly nicer things whether that be holidays, tvs houses

This is one I’ve never understood, all a watch does is tell the time, can’t see the sense in paying less than £5 for one.

Don’t get me started on “women’s handbags”, £1K my arse, £5 from Primark

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    This is one I’ve never understood, all a watch does is tell the time, can’t see the sense in paying less than £5 for one.

Don’t get me started on “women’s handbags”, £1K my arse, £5 from Primark
    You can't see the sense in paying less than £5?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You can't see the sense in paying less than £5?
    Ya, £4.99p

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I wondered this also, I bought an LG 4K a few months ago fir £350 or something I’m now tempted to get this same one but bigger

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and...78164-pdt.html

Seems great, and in richer sounds they price match with a 6 year warranty......
    Like you I bought the same LG television, brilliant TV .

I think these higher end prices and technologies are ocer priced , and I cannot see how you get the value for money from a
    4k-ultra-hd-hdr at £350 bucks to the crazy price of £3,999.
    If folk can afford that on a TV , and all the packages to support that TV, then times are not that hard 👍

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Like you I bought the same LG television, brilliant TV .

I think these higher end prices and technologies are ocer priced , and I cannot see how you get the value for money from a
    4k-ultra-hd-hdr at £350 bucks to the crazy price of £3,999.
    If folk can afford that on a TV , and all the packages to support that TV, then times are not that hard ��
    Yeah they do enough already, do these new TVs boil your kettle and take the dog for a walk or something?

I would recommend Richer Sounds as their price match, knowledge and customer service is first class. I currently have a Samsung model and they have fairly recently decided one of the main (coming soon) selling points (Smarthub) will never be released (it's a USB dongle) and they are also refusing to support the BBCs 4K broadcast format despite stating they would support all broadcast formats. All other major manufacturers already do. They are not admitting fault and therefore Currys and John Lewis are denying misselling. Richer Sounds are replacing the TVs without quibble.

So go to Richer Sounds and do not buy a samsung!

The guys at Richer Sounds are very knowelgable and know their stuff.

I knew a bloke who bought a £5k television, found out his sky box, video player and TV subscription didn't deliver the full benefits of his TV , it costs him thousands on top.

I watch some 4k stuff , yes its good , however when switching back to normal HD it's not that bad .

The other problem for one who ages , ones eyesight isnt what it was , which can counter act the alleged super duper ,viewing experiences .

Lg Oled 4k 55inch stunning tv I think they were £1500 but i now see they are selling for a lot less just have to search 5 year warranty for free

They are now £879 at trade electronics bit currys are doing them for £1139

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I would recommend Richer Sounds as their price match, knowledge and customer service is first class. I currently have a Samsung model and they have fairly recently decided one of the main (coming soon) selling points (Smarthub) will never be released (it's a USB dongle) and they are also refusing to support the BBCs 4K broadcast format despite stating they would support all broadcast formats. All other major manufacturers already do. They are not admitting fault and therefore Currys and John Lewis are denying misselling. Richer Sounds are replacing the TVs without quibble.

Why not? I've got two. My family have another 3 or 4 between them. Never had a problem.

Samsung and LG are the only two companies that supply and make all thier own components, others like Sony ,Panasonic have third party purchase agreements for things like screens and PC boards etc . It was known for some time that Sony preferred LG screens .

https://www.theverge.com/ces/2017/1/...splay-ces-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Why are some TV's £399 and other £3,999

What an earth can make it so different. (Obviously there is a quality improvement but so much money for a TV the same size)

I'm itching for a new TV and there seems to be a range of 55 inch models between £350 and £500 that are

55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV

Is that what most people get when they upgrade now?

The picture on my 8 / 9 year old Panasonic HD plasma is still excellent but I'd like a bigger screen
    I used to buy Samsung but the last few I bought were LG and they seem much better, pay around the £400, there is a massive premium for having the latest technology 12 months early, and Sky isn't fully up to speed yet so your TV will not show it's full potential anyway.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post

The Samsung app is called Smart Things that my TV, fridge etc have. Are you saying Samsung don't have it in the UK? If so, that's poor.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    The Samsung app is called Smart Things that my TV, fridge etc have. Are you saying Samsung don't have it in the UK? If so, that's poor.
    What does a smart fridge do that a standard fridge doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Turns off the light, when you shut the door

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    It can read barcodes on food so it can (sort of) tell when things are going off. It's connected to the internet and is therefore liable to hacking.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It can read barcodes on food so it can (sort of) tell when things are going off. It's connected to the internet and is therefore liable to hacking.
    Nothing useful then (apart from turning the light on and off that is)

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Turns off the light, when you shut the door
    How do you know its off?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    How do you know its off?
    You sit inside

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    How do you know its off?
    I'm ashamed to say I paid for a fridge that does this but it has cameras inside it.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    I'm ashamed to say I paid for a fridge that does this but it has cameras inside it.
    I saw that fridge and actually thought it was a good use of tech. Love the idea that I can be on the way home and check what is in the fridge in case I need to pick something up for dinner. I think it will reduce food waste which has to be a good thing. Had it not cost thousands I would have bought it, but if memory serves it cost something like £4K.

It’s a bit like most things I guess: the basic is fine for most people but real enthusiasts will be able to spot differences that most cannot and so are willing to pay the extra. See also the money that audiophiles spend on headphones - a set of grados can cost £3k. I’ve got colleagues who spend hundreds of pounds on a bottle of wine. They can hear/taste the difference and the law of diminishing returns means that those incremental increases in quality become incrementally hard to achieve so the price rises for those that want the very best. I’d say watches are a bit different as beyond a relatively low bar, you stop paying for function and start paying for jewellery or as a collection- hard to argue the extra thousands give you a perceptible increase in performance in the same way as say a top of the range telly does over a basic one.

We were about to have some work done in the house before lockdown and one of the outcomes would be putting a TV on the wall after having the old fire grate taken out.

So I'm bringing this thread back up and I want to sort out a new TV.

Something new into the mix (for me) is nano cell.

This TV at Richer Sounds has very good reviews and is my preferred choice (opinions on this TV or similar welcome)

https://www.richersounds.com/tv-proj...-nanocell.html

Who has put a TV on the wall?

What are the pro's and con's of that and how have you managed to hide wires and connect to Sky boxes and DVD's etc?

I have a tv on the wall but the bottom of the screen is only 18inches off the floor. That way the centre of the screen is at eye level when we're sat on the settee.

I see some with TV's above fireplaces and people cricking their necks to watch it. Just looks so uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    We were about to have some work done in the house before lockdown and one of the outcomes would be putting a TV on the wall after having the old fire grate taken out.

So I'm bringing this thread back up and I want to sort out a new TV.

Something new into the mix (for me) is nano cell.

This TV at Richer Sounds has very good reviews and is my preferred choice (opinions on this TV or similar welcome)

https://www.richersounds.com/tv-proj...-nanocell.html

Who has put a TV on the wall?

What are the pro's and con's of that and how have you managed to hide wires and connect to Sky boxes and DVD's etc?
    i just don't trust LG i've had two of their sets and i'm not greatly happy with either of them but i was lured by the price.
    If i was going to buy one today i'd probably go Samsung as they are not chinese and spend about a grand