+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Luke Thomas, Derby, Coventry, Barnsley

Luke Thomas, Derby, Coventry, Barnsley

I think City have just missed a trick with Luke & Barnsley have picked up a bargain at 1.2M. He's exceptional for someone has just turned 20, on loan at Coventry last season, his first in the league, their young player of the year. Barnsley have the faith to make him their first signing. In my opinion he's got big money transfers in his future.

Re: Luke Thomas, Derby, Coventry, Barnsley

It's not a missed trick.. We don't sign youngsters.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    It's not a missed trick.. We don't sign youngsters.
    Perhaps it might be more accurate to say we do sign youngsters, but never to play first team football for Cardiff City?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Perhaps it might be more accurate to say we do sign youngsters, but never to play first team football for Cardiff City?
    Yes. Can't remember the last youngster we signed who went on to become a regular in the first team.

If we signed him people would be complaining we had picked up someone who couldn't even get into the Derby side

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Yes. Can't remember the last youngster we signed who went on to become a regular in the first team.
    Joe Ralls

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    Joe Ralls
    Most came under Mackay. Caulker was only 21, Mutch 20, Kimbo etc, even Gunnar!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    If we signed him people would be complaining we had picked up someone who couldn't even get into the Derby side
    I understand that. If he'd been born a few a few miles from where he was, I'm sure he'd now be in the full Welsh set-up, he's certainly on a par with a whole bunch of Welsh youngsters now in the Wales squad. I'll ask him where his grandparents were born! Name like Thomas and a few miles from the border!

Looks like Barnsley continue their recent history of picking up very good youngsters.