+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Environment

Re: The Environment

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    My job is related to climate change and I wrote my thesis on climate change, I’m not belittling people I’m just saying there is so much evidence for this it’s as close to certain as something can be.

Nothing is 100% certain ever you’re right, but the cyclical theory has enough contradictory evidence that it’s not even considered a possibility any more.
    Donald Trump says there is not and it's all a hoax, we are insignificant but should play our bit, but we really need Russia, USA, China, India, Africa, Brazil and all the rest to play their part!

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    How popular has it become in the last 5 years to ‘save the planet’

I’m all for being kinder, but this new wave of eco friendliness has come to me as a surprise. That coupled with the green parties growth around the EU in politics, is a long way from what I expected a few years ago.
    I think it's because scientists are beginning to realise that things are worse than they thought. It's not just climate change. It's waste, pollution etc.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think it's because scientists are beginning to realise that things are worse than they thought. It's not just climate change. It's waste, pollution etc.
    Unfortunately we live in a throw away society.

Tele screen to small, throw the 2 year old one away and buy a 55 incher.

Old wardrobe rickerdy, throw it away and go to IKEA.

Oh, I’ve (not me personally), had my phone/computer/computer games/add whatever, 6 months, I (not me personally) need the most recent.

Add clothes, cars, furniture, almost anything, nothing gets fixed these days, it’s throw away and buy new.

Years ago, when people got married , furniture was handed down to them, attempt it now and they’d turn their noses up, or accept it, but take it straight down the tip.

Everyone is at fault sometimes and you all know it.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Also, Perth started really becoming developed about 50 years ago. Compare that to London, the bones of which were getting built in about the 15th Century. Which is going to be easier to build nice wide highways and access roads in?

Of course and that's not a debate, that the space they have allows bigger better infrastructure, but stopping the leccy line at Cardiff central and the space argument is gone, it's pure cost that the jacks have to travel by diesel. However old the cities, comparing to London doesn't merit the people of the UK treating their cities like a toilet when it comes disposing of general Litter waste, I'm reasonably travelled about Europe, the cleanest City from my travels would be Warsaw, I have also been to 3 other smaller Polish Cities and was surprised with Warsaw being the largest that it seemed quite clean, my favourite Euro City Prague,10 visits in the last 11 years doesn't score so well, the filthiest being Paris a close call with London, a young Democrat congress lady AOC was telling the world that we only have 12 years, if she's right, costs really shouldn't be an issue at such a critical stage, I'm all for a nice environment, I changed my car 18 months ago and it was an almost new car from a diesel to a petrol for environment purposes, it cost me a bit of dough to do it, and the petrol costs a bit more to run, I'll change it again in 12 months for a leccy job. if the support structure is in place, I'm currently employed on a nuclear project for Hinkley which is one of the least damaging sources of energy for the environment, although I'm not personally in favour of nuclear power because of the legacy it will leave (clean-up) for future generations if AOC is wrong about 12 years!!. I've said I'll not vote again but if it ever became mandatory would prolly lean towards the green party, evenings out in town are by train (no choice but diesel) very rarely use my car on the weekend preferring to either walk or cycle, infact I've just walked over the heath hospital (and got bluddy wet) to locate the exact building I need to take my dad to on Wednesday, I shit post on green issues to be argumentative but do take it seriously, the real impetus though has to come from the leadership at the top, and the big decisions regarding fossil fuels and the by products (plastics etc.)
    PS!! having the train line in the middle of the road what a great idea
    Perth-01.jpg
    Watched their equivalent of question time one evening, was brutal