+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Environment

The Environment

How popular has it become in the last 5 years to ‘save the planet’

I’m all for being kinder, but this new wave of eco friendliness has come to me as a surprise. That coupled with the green parties growth around the EU in politics, is a long way from what I expected a few years ago.

Re: The Environment

Maybe just maybe people are starting to realise we all have a legacy for future generations.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Maybe just maybe people are starting to realise we all have a legacy for future generations.
    Definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    How popular has it become in the last 5 years to ‘save the planet’

I’m all for being kinder, but this new wave of eco friendliness has come to me as a surprise. That coupled with the green parties growth around the EU in politics, is a long way from what I expected a few years ago.
    Good isn’t it, even if you don’t believe in climate change (even with the current evidence) living in a cleaner/greener community is better for everyone.

China and India are definitely years behind us on an industrial level. But I just spent a month in China and their newer cities are so so clean and have incentives for people to own electric cars and use public transport.

Religion and Greed will undo any good work done to save the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Hard to disagree with that, WT.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    This x 10, only when the globalists have figured out a way to recoup their revenue from dirty old fossil fuels will governments take immediate and not in 10 years time action.

I'm sure the Sun and solar activity might have a small part to play in the climate, possibly even the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program but that for those conspiracy nut jobs. The environment wasn't considered important enough to allow the Jacks to have leccy trains!!!. we get everything.

the wild Llfe of the Gwent marshes stopped us building a M4 relief road which will hinder any future prosperity in South Wales

the governments has set stringent CO2 targets for car emissions hence Bridgend Ford closing down

so yes the green party and alike are doing wonders for the economy of south wales !

lets look at the food industry slaughter houses are responsible for large output of green house gases contributing to climate change

are 50 mph speed limits at 4am in the morning on the M4 really going to help us ?

everything in life from food to industry is affected .god knows what is the answer ?

by the way there is a politics forum on this site

It's not politics though, it's everyone's business

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    It's not politics though, it's everyone's business
    It is, During my Visit to Perth in April, I was impressed at how clean Perth is, the public spaces when compared to the UK and western Europe are so clean and lacking filth everywhere, on beaches people didn't leave their shite, but on a river cruise I got talking to a lady sat next to me and I mentioned this to her, she thought Perth was dirty in comparison to her country which was New Zealand.

Perth.jpg
    Perth-01.jpg
    Perth-02.jpg
    Perth-03.jpg

Saw a meme the other day which had a speaker pointing to a whiteboard with list of things like "cleaner air" and "cleaner water" and someone in the crowd asking "But what if it's all a hoax?". The clear implication being that even if the science doesn't add up then the actions we're taking is making our planet safer and nicer to live on.

Fair play to Sweden who seem to be leading the way: they have started to use rail travel rather than cheaper and quicker travel by air to follow that schoolgirl's lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    It is, During my Visit to Perth in April, I was impressed at how clean Perth is, the public spaces when compared to the UK and western Europe are so clean and lacking filth everywhere, on beaches people didn't leave their shite, but on a river cruise I got talking to a lady sat next to me and I mentioned this to her, she thought Perth was dirty in comparison to her country which was New Zealand.

Perth.jpg
    Perth-01.jpg
    Perth-02.jpg
    Perth-03.jpg
    A lot of that can be attributed to the Aussie's respect for their surroundings though.

The Germans are the same.

How did Greenland get its name when it's covered with snow for 12 months of the year? Answer, in the past it was not covered with snow for 12 months of the year; hence its name. So what does that tell you about global warming?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    How did Greenland get its name when it's covered with snow for 12 months of the year? Answer, in the past it was not covered with snow for 12 months of the year; hence its name. So what does that tell you about global warming?
    The Vegans ate all the grass?

It tells you why they had to change the name to climate change because people are dense

Global temperatures are rising but that means some places get colder and there’s more Extreme weather.

There is so much evidence for this that’s easily accessible and easy to understand. Scientific journals with zero spin if you’re interested.

Pole shift ?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It tells you why they had to change the name to climate change because people are dense

Global temperatures are rising but that means some places get colder and there’s more Extreme weather.

There is so much evidence for this that’s easily accessible and easy to understand. Scientific journals with zero spin if you’re interested.
    It could also tell you that climate change is cyclical.

https://www.liveabout.com/cartoons-a...change-2734107

Number two on the list is what I was trying to describe earlier.

Look at the evidence, it disproves that.

"What if it's a big hoax and we create a better world for nothing?"

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    "What if it's a big hoax and we create a better world for nothing?"
    Problem is though it isn’t nothing. There is an opportunity cost to green measures. It does cost more and strangle certain economic decisions.

I'm not saying there is not climate change but when the so called climate experts were persuading us to buy diesel cars only to find years later that it is not CO2 emissions but NOX emisions that are bad it turns out that the experts were wrong. There must have been a lot of evidence at that time that diesel was a cleaner fuel when clearly now it is not. Frankly I take "expert" advice with a pinch of salt and don't believe everything I read. Of course climate change could be a real danger but I am yet to be convinced.

The Earth’s climate does go through natural cycles of warming and cooling and while it is probable that mans activity is causing the earth to warm an explanation for current increases could just as easily be attributed to a natural or cyclical change.

People like Croeso might choose to belittle those with alternative views to his but I prefer to not believe everything I read and make up my own mind and merely not follow the herd by accepting the "evidence" put before me.

I'm not a climate change deniar; merely a person who has yet to be convinced but will follow the evidence with interest.

My Mrs got the heating on tonight !!!!

Global warming my arse

I'm not saying there is not climate change but when the so called climate experts were persuading us to buy diesel cars only to find years later that it is not CO2 emissions but NOX emisions that are bad it turns out that the experts were wrong. There must have been a lot of evidence at that time that diesel was a cleaner fuel when clearly now it is not. Frankly I take "expert" advice with a pinch of salt and don't believe everything I read. Of course climate change could be a real danger but I am yet to be convinced.

The Earth’s climate does go through natural cycles of warming and cooling and while it is probable that mans activity is causing the earth to warm an explanation for current increases could just as easily be attributed to a natural or cyclical change.

People like Croeso might choose to belittle those with alternative views to his but I prefer to not believe everything I read and make up my own mind and merely not follow the herd by accepting the "evidence" put before me.

I'm not a climate change deniar; merely a person who has yet to be convinced but will follow the evidence with interest.
    My job is related to climate change and I wrote my thesis on climate change, I’m not belittling people I’m just saying there is so much evidence for this it’s as close to certain as something can be.

Nothing is 100% certain ever you’re right, but the cyclical theory has enough contradictory evidence that it’s not even considered a possibility any more.