+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Labour close win Peterborough

Labour close win Peterborough

I wonder what the real behind the doors reaction is too the result , is it :

Labour realise that if you add up the second and third votes it beats them.

Are all the Brexit votes real Tory voters .

Does the Brexit voters contain disillusioned Labour voters .

Tories thinking only a Brexit leader now will turn the Brexit back to them.

Intrigued we are .

Re: Labour close win Peterborough

Labour had 2 full time coordinators in Peterborough from January. First job was to negate the criminal conviction of the former MP and second was to concentrate on local issues.To complicate things along came an unexpected EU election and the BPLtd. This not only had the effect of splitting the Tory vote but also getting some remainers over to us. Finally the GOTV was supplemented by 500 or so momentum activists bussed in from all over.
    A one off election with an organisation that could not be replicated at a GE.
    To answer your question, yes the BPLtd voters are mainly Tories with a few from other parties, including Labour, thrown in. Labour has a substantial group of voters who will vote for them irrespective of Brexit stance, more so than Tories.
    Yes, Boris Johnson is likely to be elected as PM by the 100k or so Tory membership. A brexiteer whose reign will end in chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Labour had 2 full time coordinators in Peterborough from January. First job was to negate the criminal conviction of the former MP and second was to concentrate on local issues.To complicate things along came an unexpected EU election and the BPLtd. This not only had the effect of splitting the Tory vote but also getting some remainers over to us. Finally the GOTV was supplemented by 500 or so momentum activists bussed in from all over.
    A one off election with an organisation that could not be replicated at a GE.
    To answer your question, yes the BPLtd voters are mainly Tories with a few from other parties, including Labour, thrown in. Labour has a substantial group of voters who will vote for them irrespective of Brexit stance, more so than Tories.
    Yes, Boris Johnson is likely to be elected as PM by the 100k or so Tory membership. A brexiteer whose reign will end in chaos.
    Which could also spell the end of the Conservative party in its current form.

Labour can be knocked in may ways (as they should be with their questionable leadership) but you can't take away the fact that they are incredibly well organised in the constituencies. It is those on the ground that are likely to secure a Labour victory and not the many loons they seem to have in Parliament. The Peterborough victory was down to their excellent organisation rather than anything else.

It’s pretty straight forward to me. Same will happen in Wales.

Did I vote the brexit party in the Europe elections. Yes

Would I vote for them in a general election. No

Would I vote for them in a general election. No[/QUOTE]
    Good

Yes to ge fair once that awful woman was convicted and gone they acted well and quickly , to repair the damage , strangely if they reacted in the same with other people like young Prescott, Williamson and some of the more extreme anti semetism dissections, I think it would make the media job much a lot harder .

I do think a new leader would really boost them now ,they don't have to give up thier policy drive, if JC went ??

I can only presume JC is actually keen on power which surprises me, as its not a natural fit ,his best attribute appears to in opposition ,challenging in a populist manner , not giving many interviews or media quotes.

He must know being PM will require him to be more accepting on appearances and engagement , and his world will be so much different than challenging the establishment , as he will be the custodian of the establishment.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes to ge fair once that awful woman was convicted and gone they acted well and quickly , to repair the damage , strangely if they reacted in the same with other people like young Prescott, Williamson and some of the more extreme anti semetism dissections, I think it would make the media job much a lot harder .

I do think a new leader would really boost them now ,they don't have to give up thier policy drive, if JC went ??

I can only presume JC is actually keen on power which surprises me, as its not a natural fit ,his best attribute appears to in opposition ,challenging in a populist manner , not giving many interviews or media quotes.

He must know being PM will require him to be more accepting on appearances and engagement , and his world will be so much different than challenging the establishment , as he will be the custodian of the establishment.
    The one who replaced her has come with baggage, alleged liking anti-Semitic twitter posts.
    A couple of dodgy geezers also under the spotlight regarding the alleged rigging of postal votes.

International

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

That's the scary bit. Him, and more worrying, the people who pull his strings

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    It’s pretty straight forward to me. Same will happen in Wales.

Did I vote the brexit party in the Europe elections. Yes

Would I vote for them in a general election. No
    Which, if you think about it, if you want the Brexit party to have most effect, the vote should be the other way around. The BP can do far less with a few MEPs than an elected government.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Which, if you think about it, if you want the Brexit party to have most effect, the vote should be the other way around. The BP can do far less with a few MEPs than an elected government.
    Does anyone really want Farage and his mates to have any real power?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Least of all him. He wants to be as far from the decision making as possible, as long as he's within shit throwing range

He's demanded a say in the "negotiations" knowing full well he would never be allowed, even if there were any planned.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    That's the scary bit. Him, and more worrying, the people who pull his strings
    This fear of the "Marxist" Corbyn as a possible Prime Minister would carry far more weight if it wasn't for the fact that, almost always, the person expressing it is someone who seems perfectly happy for the current bunch of clowns who are judged to have made such a balls up of running the country over the past nine years by nearly all objective analysts. I'm biased, so I'm never going to praise a Conservative Government, but I think history will judge the ones led by David Cameron and Theresa May very harshly compared to other Tory ones and is there anyone in the list of contenders to become the new leader who has the gravitas to make people believe they can turn around the fortunes of a country, and party, that is seen by so many as a laughing stock now?

Yeah I’m no fan of Corbyn but I find it strange that the people most scared of him are Donald Trump’s biggest fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Around 5 milion nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Around 5 milion nutcases.
    This so called Brexit party has no members and is a Ltd company controlled by Farage and 2 of his cronies. All these donations, will end up keeping man of the people Farage, who banks with Coutts, in the lavish lifestyle that he enjoyed off the public's backs for years.
    What I fail to understand, when there are so many questions about where is many comes from and his alleged links with Russia why he has never been investigated thoroughly by the authorities.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This fear of the "Marxist" Corbyn as a possible Prime Minister would carry far more weight if it wasn't for the fact that, almost always, the person expressing it is someone who seems perfectly happy for the current bunch of clowns who are judged to have made such a balls up of running the country over the past nine years by nearly all objective analysts. I'm biased, so I'm never going to praise a Conservative Government, but I think history will judge the ones led by David Cameron and Theresa May very harshly compared to other Tory ones and is there anyone in the list of contenders to become the new leader who has the gravitas to make people believe they can turn around the fortunes of a country, and party, that is seen by so many as a laughing stock now?
    So you think Corbyn (the Venezuela fan) and John Macdonald are better options. I agree that the current government is laughable especially due to their BREXIT antics but I would trust even less the Marxist Corbyn who couldn't even run his family finances and whose answer to everything is to chuck money at it. As I see it the current lot are the least worst option but as a floating voter I always make up my mind at the time of an election and not routinely vote for the same Party as many do.

What I do know is that if Corbyn and Co were removed Labour would win any future Election at a canter but with Momentum membership Corbyn is safe for as long as he wishes to remain as leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    So you think Corbyn (the Venezuela fan) and John Macdonald are better options. I agree that the current government is laughable especially due to their BREXIT antics but I would trust even less the Marxist Corbyn who couldn't even run his family finances and whose answer to everything is to chuck money at it. As I see it the current lot are the least worst option but as a floating voter I always make up my mind at the time of an election and not routinely vote for the same Party as many do.

What I do know is that if Corbyn and Co were removed Labour would win any future Election at a canter but with Momentum membership Corbyn is safe for as long as he wishes to remain as leader.
    Floating voter lol. Any excuse not to vote Labour. Heard it all before.
    Yes we could be doing better but I for one am looking forward to a Corbyn/McD Government after the years of austerity and mismanagement by the shower of shite that is the Tories.

Corbyn isn't a Marxist. I would be very relaxed if he was, but he isn't. He's a left social-democrat. A Bennite in 1980s speak.

The 2017 Labour Manifesto is a pretty good place to start and finish to understand Corbyn and Corbynism. He may have wanted to move the goalposts a little bit from that place, but not by much.

Unfortunately there aren't as many reds under the bed as the Daily Express and Chuka Umunna claim.

Floating voter lol. Any excuse not to vote Labour. Heard it all before.
    Yes we could be doing better but I for one am looking forward to a Corbyn/McD Government after the years of austerity and mismanagement by the shower of shite that is the Tories.
    I was a card carrying member of the Labour Party for 27 years.

This so called Brexit party has no members and is a Ltd company controlled by Farage and 2 of his cronies. All these donations, will end up keeping man of the people Farage, who banks with Coutts, in the lavish lifestyle that he enjoyed off the public's backs for years.
    What I fail to understand, when there are so many questions about where is many comes from and his alleged links with Russia why he has never been investigated thoroughly by the authorities.
    JC, you actually voted for a war criminal aka Blair. Why vote for Labour because 'ive always voted for them'. They are as bad as many politicians from all parties. Corbyn is the biggest communist you will see. Putins buddy 😂 As Peterboro was won by only a few votes, i think there should be another vote just like the remainers want for brexit 😉.

Quote Originally Posted by Watamistakatomaka View Post
    JC, you actually voted for a war criminal aka Blair. Why vote for Labour because 'ive always voted for them'. They are as bad as many politicians from all parties. Corbyn is the biggest communist you will see. Putins buddy 😂 As Peterboro was won by only a few votes, i think there should be another vote just like the remainers want for brexit 😉.
    There will be another Peterborough vote within 3 years. It's called a General Election.

I was a card carrying member of the Labour Party for 27 years.
    What caused your opinion to change so much to make you sound like a Boris Johnson cheerleader?

What caused your opinion to change so much to make you sound like a Boris Johnson cheerleader?
    My mind changed when I realised belatedly that the Labour Party is about spending money the country hasn't got and leaving the country in a financial mess every time they leave office and I'm not talking about the 2008 crisis which went far wider than the UK. The final straw for me was when Corbyn and McDonald came to the forefront who couldn't even attract the confidence of decent and talented Labour members like Hilary Benn and Yvette Cooper. The rump that are left such as Rebecca Long Bailey, Dawn Butler and Diane Abbot are not up to running the country in my opinion as many of the decent MPs fail to support Corbyn for good reason.

For the record I can't stand Boris Johnson either so why you think I am a cheerleader for him is a wildly inaccurate assumption. My advice to you and others would be don't vote for a political party because you always have done as many people in Wales seem to vote Labour because that is how they have always voted.

The alternative to spending “too much” on public services is huge tax breaks for the super rich so that’s good at least.

It’s hardly like the tories have been servicing the national debt either is it?