Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
This fear of the "Marxist" Corbyn as a possible Prime Minister would carry far more weight if it wasn't for the fact that, almost always, the person expressing it is someone who seems perfectly happy for the current bunch of clowns who are judged to have made such a balls up of running the country over the past nine years by nearly all objective analysts. I'm biased, so I'm never going to praise a Conservative Government, but I think history will judge the ones led by David Cameron and Theresa May very harshly compared to other Tory ones and is there anyone in the list of contenders to become the new leader who has the gravitas to make people believe they can turn around the fortunes of a country, and party, that is seen by so many as a laughing stock now?
So you think Corbyn (the Venezuela fan) and John Macdonald are better options. I agree that the current government is laughable especially due to their BREXIT antics but I would trust even less the Marxist Corbyn who couldn't even run his family finances and whose answer to everything is to chuck money at it. As I see it the current lot are the least worst option but as a floating voter I always make up my mind at the time of an election and not routinely vote for the same Party as many do.

What I do know is that if Corbyn and Co were removed Labour would win any future Election at a canter but with Momentum membership Corbyn is safe for as long as he wishes to remain as leader.