Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 72

Thread: Ladies football Eng VScotland

  1. #31

    Re: Ladies football Eng VScotland

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    People are happy to watch and support female athletes or tennis players without having to compare them to males, so I don't see why football couldn't be different.
    I object to the demands that men’s sport should subsidise women’s prize money or salaries. Women’s tennis is shite.

  2. #32

    Re: Ladies football Eng VScotland

    Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    I would love to see a match between a lower league menís team and a World XI womenís team. I wouldnít like any women to be injured but it would probably happen.
    Women's team have played under 18s and lost, obviously because of the strength and speed advantage.

    Why would you love to watch it? Because you want to see that men are better than women?

  3. #33

    Re: Ladies football Eng VScotland

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The funny thing is this article describes a lot of posters to a tee

    https://www.football365.com/news/mis...-about-to-boom



    Imagine genuinley typing this opinion out:



    Everyone knows men are faster and stronger than women already mate, well done for pointing it out
    It's the bit where he says that he's 'love it' a very strange sense of satisfaction, maybe it's a fantasy of his.

  4. #34

    Re: Ladies football Eng VScotland

    Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    I object to the demands that men’s sport should subsidise women’s prize money or salaries. Women’s tennis is shite.
    How is men's football subsidising women's football?

  5. #35

    Re: Ladies football Eng VScotland

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's the bit where he says that he's 'love it' a very strange sense of satisfaction, maybe it's a fantasy of his.
    It sounds like he just really likes men.

  6. #36

    Re: Ladies football Eng VScotland

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It sounds like he just really likes men.
    Yup, although that's fine as well.

  7. #37

    Re: Ladies football Eng VScotland

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yup, although that's fine as well.
    Yes completely fine, I just can't think of any other explanation to why someone would be so desperate for men to beat women.

  8. #38

    Re: Ladies football Eng VScotland

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yes completely fine, I just can't think of any other explanation to why someone would be so desperate for men to beat women.
    If they hate women?

  9. #39

    Re: Ladies football Eng VScotland

    Yep 2 good reasons, I wonder which one it is?

  10. #40

    Re: Ladies football Eng VScotland

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yes completely fine, I just can't think of any other explanation to why someone would be so desperate for men to beat women.
    Is subtext a little too complicated for your one-track mind? I don’t like women’s demands that men’s football should subsidise their sport. I don’t like the oft-made assertion that women’s teams could compete with men’s teams. I hope that women’s football flourishes and makes loads of money from ticket sales, sponsorship and TV money. Somehow though. I don’t think it will happen because the product is nowhere near the standard of say, the Welsh Premier League.

  11. #41

    Re: Ladies football Eng VScotland

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    If they hate women?
    I don’t hate women. I’m sat with my adult daughter now watching her choice, Love Island on Sky Q. I spend every Wednesday night with my wife’s darts team. Most of my working life has been spent with women, working in teaching, psychology and politics. So stop trying to smear me.

  12. #42

    Re: Ladies football Eng VScotland

    Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    I don’t like women’s demands that men’s football should subsidise their sport - where does that happen and why don't you like it? Is it not good for girls and women to take part in sport?

    Would men's football subsidising getting girls interested in football worse for you than them spending £100k a week on wages?

    I don’t like the oft-made assertion that women’s teams could compete with men’s teams - who has ever said this?

    I hope that women’s football flourishes and makes loads of money from ticket sales, sponsorship and TV money. Somehow though. I don’t think it will happen because the product is nowhere near the standard of say, the Welsh Premier League. - If you read that article I posted you'll see the Women's Premier League has just got a huge sponsorship deal and there have recently been women's matches with attendances of ~60,000. Is this a bad thing even if it did have a leg up from the men's game?
    Even if all this is wrong, is it normal to be so vitriolic about women's football just because you don't like it?

  13. #43

    Re: Ladies football Eng VScotland

    Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    I would love to see a match between a lower league menís team and a World XI womenís team. I wouldnít like any women to be injured but it would probably happen.
    Why are you so desperate to see a man's team beat a woman's team? So you can show all those people that are enjoying the world cup that they shouldn't? Such a weird, angry point of view

  14. #44

    Re: Ladies football Eng VScotland

    Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    Thereís so much virtue-signalling from male football fans over the WWC. The standard is that of 12 year-old boys. Very skilful 12 year-old boys admittedly.

    When France scored their third against South Korea (the kind of goal Thierry Henry was famous for scoring) the commentator (I think that it was Barry Davies] shrieked like he had won the lottery while having an orgasm. Yes, it was a decent strike but the ball was travelling at about 30 mph and curled almost imperceptibly.

    Can you imagine a match between, say, Newport County and one of these womenís teams. If the men went at it full throttle each tackle would likely dislocate joints and/or break limbs. Speed is crucial in football and given that men are 15% quicker than women the men would run rings round the women, both figuratively and literally.

    I would love it, LOVE IT if such a match could be played.
    You could have stopped typing and saved yourself some time by ending your message after five words - like "snowflake", the use of the term "virtue signalling" In a thread about women's football tells you everything you need to know about someone's opinion on the subject.

    Barry Davies is 81 and, apart from one game in 2014 as part of the celebration of Match of the Day's fiftieth anniversary, last commentated on a football match for the BBC in 2006.

  15. #45

    Re: Ladies football Eng VScotland

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You could have stopped typing and saved yourself some time by ending your message after five words - like "snowflake", the use of the term "virtue signalling" In a thread about women's football tells you everything you need to know about someone's opinion on the subject.

    Barry Davies is 81 and, apart from one game in 2014 as part of the celebration of Match of the Day's fiftieth anniversary, last commentated on a football match for the BBC in 2006.
    Well whoever the commentator was he went overboard with his praise.

    Virtue signalling means pretending to be more enthusiastic about a (progessive) cause/event than you really are to gain kudos from like-minded people. Many people do it and it betrays a certain mindset that I find rather sad. It is actually quite dishonest.

    I remember watching the 2011 World Cup and being elated that the incredibly skilful play of the Japanese team was rewarded with the ultimate prize. I had no one to discuss the matches with as nobody I knew watched the tournament. However I had no desire to tell all and sundry about it on social media/the WWW because, in the final analysis, women's football just isn't very good compared to the men's game.

    If anyone of the posters who disagree with my opinion think that they are affecting me in any way by piling on, please understand that I find your viewpoints and debating styles utterly laughable.

  16. #46

    Re: Ladies football Eng VScotland

    I really do not get the constant " knocking " of girls / ladies football on forums, Yes the skill-set is far from the mens game, but the ladies football really doesnt have the same amount of cash spent on it and is very much in its infancy , the mens game has progressed as far as it will, in 20 years maybe the ladies game will catch up and close the gap

    lets enjoy it for what it is, a game of football played by people who love to play the game, it shouldnt be a competition between which game is the better, they are 2 separate entities

  17. #47

    Re: Ladies football Eng VScotland

    Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    Well whoever the commentator was he went overboard with his praise.

    Virtue signalling means pretending to be more enthusiastic about a (progessive) cause/event than you really are to gain kudos from like-minded people. Many people do it and it betrays a certain mindset that I find rather sad. It is actually quite dishonest.

    I remember watching the 2011 World Cup and being elated that the incredibly skilful play of the Japanese team was rewarded with the ultimate prize. I had no one to discuss the matches with as nobody I knew watched the tournament. However I had no desire to tell all and sundry about it on social media/the WWW because, in the final analysis, women's football just isn't very good compared to the men's game.

    If anyone of the posters who disagree with my opinion think that they are affecting me in any way by piling on, please understand that I find your viewpoints and debating styles utterly laughable.
    Everyone knows what virtue signalling means, it's more the fact that only one type of person uses that phrase ever.

    No one is piling on you people are just questioning your opinion and you haven't answered anyone with a straight answer.

  18. #48

    Re: Ladies football Eng VScotland

    Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I really do not get the constant " knocking " of girls / ladies football on forums, Yes the skill-set is far from the mens game, but the ladies football really doesnt have the same amount of cash spent on it and is very much in its infancy , the mens game has progressed as far as it will, in 20 years maybe the ladies game will catch up and close the gap

    lets enjoy it for what it is, a game of football played by people who love to play the game, it shouldnt be a competition between which game is the better, they are 2 separate entities

  19. #49

    Re: Ladies football Eng VScotland

    Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    Well whoever the commentator was he went overboard with his praise.


    I remember watching the 2011 World Cup and being elated that the incredibly skilful play of the Japanese team was rewarded with the ultimate prize. I had no one to discuss the matches with as nobody I knew watched the tournament. However I had no desire to tell all and sundry about it on social media/the WWW because, in the final analysis, women's football just isn't very good compared to the men's game.

    .
    This whole bit would make more sense if you weren't attacking people for doing it on a forum that specifically exists to discuss football

  20. #50

    Re: Ladies football Eng VScotland

    Itís quite pathetic comparing Womenís football to menís. Why do some people constantly do it?
    Just enjoy it for what it is, or donít watch it if you donít like it.
    Itís as daft as comparing different menís sports.
    A top 10 tennis player would hammer a top 10 squash player at tennis, and vice versa.
    The world 8 ball champion would hammer Judd Trump at 8 ball and vice versa etc etc.

  21. #51

    Re: Ladies football Eng VScotland

    Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    the mens game has progressed as far as it will, in 20 years maybe the ladies game will catch up and close the gap
    Perhaps less: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.m...t-14993123.amp

  22. #52

    Re: Ladies football Eng VScotland

    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    There was a team with 4 girls in it at U15 level a few years ago in my boys league.

    We had to tell the boys to go easy and to respect the girls. The girls were playing at a very high standard and were apparently representing districts and 2 had played for Wales at some level - their parents told us.

    We played the attackers in defence and defenders up front - we also put the goalkeeper up front

    The referee also warned our kids not to go in rough as he would give fouls for any physicality - he also blew up early when it got to 15 nil.

    The girls parents thanked us at the end for our boys not giving any verbal crap to the girls on the pitch as apparently some of the teams kids had been 'rude' to the girls on the pitch.

    I hated it and so did the boys - it was a farce.

    I have sponsored girls teams and have watched/supported local girls teams over the years and I continue to do so

    The standard is at best awful but it is good for girls to have competitive sport.

    I would not watch it on TV as I find it tedious - I find people who say it should be be equal to mens/boys football don't actually watch it but say it to appear 'right on'

  23. #53

    Re: Ladies football Eng VScotland

    I don't get why people need to be so aggressive towards those who don't think women's football is much fun. Women's football will never reach the level of men's because of the physical difference between the two. I wish women well and hope more of them will enjoy this great sport but women's football will never reach the level of men's football.

  24. #54

    Re: Ladies football Eng VScotland

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Itís quite pathetic comparing Womenís football to menís. Why do some people constantly do it?
    Like the women themselves who think they deserve the same wages as the top menís players?

  25. #55

    Re: Ladies football Eng VScotland

    Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    There was a team with 4 girls in it at U15 level a few years ago in my boys league.

    We had to tell the boys to go easy and to respect the girls. The girls were playing at a very high standard and were apparently representing districts and 2 had played for Wales at some level - their parents told us.

    We played the attackers in defence and defenders up front - we also put the goalkeeper up front

    The referee also warned our kids not to go in rough as he would give fouls for any physicality - he also blew up early when it got to 15 nil.

    The girls parents thanked us at the end for our boys not giving any verbal crap to the girls on the pitch as apparently some of the teams kids had been 'rude' to the girls on the pitch.

    I hated it and so did the boys - it was a farce.

    I have sponsored girls teams and have watched/supported local girls teams over the years and I continue to do so

    The standard is at best awful but it is good for girls to have competitive sport.

    I would not watch it on TV as I find it tedious - I find people who say it should be be equal to mens/boys football don't actually watch it but say it to appear 'right on'
    Iíve seen quite a few games at Womenís National League Level too, but do we really need to labour the point that itís a long way behind the menís game. Thatís so obvious that we donít really even need to select a menís team just for the sheer enjoyment of watching them being put in their place as discussed in this thread. Right on?

  26. #56

    Re: Ladies football Eng VScotland

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Like the women themselves who think they deserve the same wages as the top menís players?
    Personally I think thereís a load of male footballers whoís wage should be dropped down to the womenís level.

  27. #57

    Re: Ladies football Eng VScotland

    Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    There was a team with 4 girls in it at U15 level a few years ago in my boys league.

    We had to tell the boys to go easy and to respect the girls. The girls were playing at a very high standard and were apparently representing districts and 2 had played for Wales at some level - their parents told us.

    We played the attackers in defence and defenders up front - we also put the goalkeeper up front

    The referee also warned our kids not to go in rough as he would give fouls for any physicality - he also blew up early when it got to 15 nil.

    The girls parents thanked us at the end for our boys not giving any verbal crap to the girls on the pitch as apparently some of the teams kids had been 'rude' to the girls on the pitch.

    I hated it and so did the boys - it was a farce.

    I have sponsored girls teams and have watched/supported local girls teams over the years and I continue to do so

    The standard is at best awful but it is good for girls to have competitive sport.

    I would not watch it on TV as I find it tedious - I find people who say it should be be equal to mens/boys football don't actually watch it but say it to appear 'right on'
    this is where is needs to change right at the bottom at grassroots level, If a boy and girl start playing the game at U7 and have the same level of coaching the difference will not be so massive when they hit U15 , yes the boys will be slightly quicker, and have more of the physical presence, but the skill set will be very similar

    I could counter your story by one i have seen this season, a U12 girls team from near swindon would give many U12 boys team a game, the coach is a Dev coach from swindon town ( and a nice bloke ) and he has coached this girls team for over 5 years now, they are a very good team

    but of course this is a one-off, i accept that, but as i said before, the 2 games are not comparable, one is very much in its infancy

  28. #58

    Re: Ladies football Eng VScotland

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Itís quite pathetic comparing Womenís football to menís. Why do some people constantly do it?
    Just enjoy it for what it is, or donít watch it if you donít like it.
    Itís as daft as comparing different menís sports.
    A top 10 tennis player would hammer a top 10 squash player at tennis, and vice versa.
    The world 8 ball champion would hammer Judd Trump at* 8 ball and vice versa etc etc.
    It is interesting why people do compare, and I know a few.
    Here's a theory, topical too...

    Almost all men in the top 100 would beat Serena Williams (or whoever is No. 1 these days).
    Yet the prize money for this year's Wimbledon singles is the same for the women's winner and the men's winner.
    It could be argued that this is a bit unfair, especially as the men play a minimum of three sets per match and the women a maximum of three.
    The fairer sex had battled to receive their "fair" share of the spoils for ages and won. Good luck to them!

    However, perhaps (I'm guessing here) people are thinking that there may be similar parity in the coming years in football?

    Of course there is always the possibility that these people have a female boss

  29. #59

    Re: Ladies football Eng VScotland

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    It is interesting why people do compare, and I know a few.
    Here's a theory, topical too...

    Almost all men in the top 100 would beat Serena Williams (or whoever is No. 1 these days).
    Yet the prize money for this year's Wimbledon singles is the same for the women's winner and the men's winner.
    It could be argued that this is a bit unfair, especially as the men play a minimum of three sets per match and the women a maximum of three.
    The fairer sex had battled to receive their "fair" share of the spoils for ages and won. Good luck to them!

    However, perhaps (I'm guessing here) people are thinking that there may be similar parity in the coming years in football?

    Of course there is always the possibility that these people have a female boss
    Women's football deserve the same pay as men the day they attract the same crowds, same sponsorship and same interest levels.

  30. #60

    Re: Ladies football Eng VScotland

    3 Irons on my shirt
    Jules Rimet needs cleaning!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •