Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
You could have stopped typing and saved yourself some time by ending your message after five words - like "snowflake", the use of the term "virtue signalling" In a thread about women's football tells you everything you need to know about someone's opinion on the subject.

Barry Davies is 81 and, apart from one game in 2014 as part of the celebration of Match of the Day's fiftieth anniversary, last commentated on a football match for the BBC in 2006.
Well whoever the commentator was he went overboard with his praise.

Virtue signalling means pretending to be more enthusiastic about a (progessive) cause/event than you really are to gain kudos from like-minded people. Many people do it and it betrays a certain mindset that I find rather sad. It is actually quite dishonest.

I remember watching the 2011 World Cup and being elated that the incredibly skilful play of the Japanese team was rewarded with the ultimate prize. I had no one to discuss the matches with as nobody I knew watched the tournament. However I had no desire to tell all and sundry about it on social media/the WWW because, in the final analysis, women's football just isn't very good compared to the men's game.

If anyone of the posters who disagree with my opinion think that they are affecting me in any way by piling on, please understand that I find your viewpoints and debating styles utterly laughable.