+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ladies football Eng VScotland

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Ladies football Eng VScotland

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yup, although that's fine as well.
    Yes completely fine, I just can't think of any other explanation to why someone would be so desperate for men to beat women.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yes completely fine, I just can't think of any other explanation to why someone would be so desperate for men to beat women.
    Is subtext a little too complicated for your one-track mind? I don’t like women’s demands that men’s football should subsidise their sport. I don’t like the oft-made assertion that women’s teams could compete with men’s teams. I hope that women’s football flourishes and makes loads of money from ticket sales, sponsorship and TV money. Somehow though. I don’t think it will happen because the product is nowhere near the standard of say, the Welsh Premier League.

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    I don’t like women’s demands that men’s football should subsidise their sport - where does that happen and why don't you like it? Is it not good for girls and women to take part in sport?

Would men's football subsidising getting girls interested in football worse for you than them spending £100k a week on wages?

I don’t like the oft-made assertion that women’s teams could compete with men’s teams - who has ever said this?

I hope that women’s football flourishes and makes loads of money from ticket sales, sponsorship and TV money. Somehow though. I don’t think it will happen because the product is nowhere near the standard of say, the Welsh Premier League. - If you read that article I posted you'll see the Women's Premier League has just got a huge sponsorship deal and there have recently been women's matches with attendances of ~60,000. Is this a bad thing even if it did have a leg up from the men's game?
    Even if all this is wrong, is it normal to be so vitriolic about women's football just because you don't like it?