+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ladies football Eng VScotland

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Ladies football Eng VScotland

There’s so much virtue-signalling from male football fans over the WWC. The standard is that of 12 year-old boys. Very skilful 12 year-old boys admittedly.

When France scored their third against South Korea (the kind of goal Thierry Henry was famous for scoring) the commentator (I think that it was Barry Davies] shrieked like he had won the lottery while having an orgasm. Yes, it was a decent strike but the ball was travelling at about 30 mph and curled almost imperceptibly.

Can you imagine a match between, say, Newport County and one of these women’s teams. If the men went at it full throttle each tackle would likely dislocate joints and/or break limbs. Speed is crucial in football and given that men are 15% quicker than women the men would run rings round the women, both figuratively and literally.

I would love it, LOVE IT if such a match could be played.

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    There’s so much virtue-signalling from male football fans over the WWC. The standard is that of 12 year-old boys. Very skilful 12 year-old boys admittedly.

When France scored their third against South Korea (the kind of goal Thierry Henry was famous for scoring) the commentator (I think that it was Barry Davies] shrieked like he had won the lottery while having an orgasm. Yes, it was a decent strike but the ball was travelling at about 30 mph and curled almost imperceptibly.

Can you imagine a match between, say, Newport County and one of these women’s teams. If the men went at it full throttle each tackle would likely dislocate joints and/or break limbs. Speed is crucial in football and given that men are 15% quicker than women the men would run rings round the women, both figuratively and literally.

You would love it LOVE IT if you could watch a game where men were breaking women's limbs?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You would love it LOVE IT if you could watch a game where men were breaking women's limbs?
    I would love to see a match between a lower league men’s team and a World XI women’s team. I wouldn’t like any women to be injured but it would probably happen.

I would love to see a match between a lower league men’s team and a World XI women’s team. I wouldn’t like any women to be injured but it would probably happen.
    Women's team have played under 18s and lost, obviously because of the strength and speed advantage.

Why would you love to watch it? Because you want to see that men are better than women?

Why are you so desperate to see a man's team beat a woman's team? So you can show all those people that are enjoying the world cup that they shouldn't? Such a weird, angry point of view

You could have stopped typing and saved yourself some time by ending your message after five words - like "snowflake", the use of the term "virtue signalling" In a thread about women's football tells you everything you need to know about someone's opinion on the subject.

Barry Davies is 81 and, apart from one game in 2014 as part of the celebration of Match of the Day's fiftieth anniversary, last commentated on a football match for the BBC in 2006.