+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TV Licence

Re: TV Licence

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The money is given away and £15 billion will be gifted this year. The budget is ring fenced and increases each year, while - for example - many benefit payments have been frozen since 2016. As I also stated, it's continuing austerity for Britons, millions of 'em.
    This attitude reminds me of this. People who are struggling being made to blame other people who are struggling.

Why is.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The money is given away and £15 billion will be gifted this year. The budget is ring fenced and increases each year, while - for example - many benefit payments have been frozen since 2016. As I also stated, it's continuing austerity for Britons, millions of 'em.
    You have a very naïve understanding of overseas aid.

saw a post this morning

2 oldies walking down the road

Last week they were thanking us for saving the free world
    This week they are taking away our free TV licence

It's crazy it's the bbc who are getting all the stick about this rather than the tories.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    saw a post this morning

How many people who actually saved the free world are even getting tv licenses. People in their 70s and 80s weren't fighting in the second world war.

There seems to be some weird belief among the older generations in this country that they all were fighting in WW2 when they were either very young or not even born.

I don't understand how people don't know that, it was obvious in 2015 and it's even more obvious now.

Yet people are happy just to think what the daily mail and their facebook memes tell them.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    saw a post this morning

Saw another post this morning, the war ended 74 years ago.

Why is everyone assuming that anyone over the age of 75 served in the war? It’s lazy hysteria. I don’t know how many veterans are still alive now, but I would bet my life they do not make up the majority of over 75 year olds.

If people stuck on benefits and relying on food banks have to pay the fee, then so should the elderly. This is at fault of the Tory government (cutting funding again what a surprise) yet no one cares. The anger is directed at the BBC for screwing over war veterans, no wonder the media isn’t trusted in this country

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Saw another post this morning, the war ended 74 years ago.

Why is everyone assuming that anyone over the age of 75 served in the war? It’s lazy hysteria. I don’t know how many veterans are still alive now, but I would bet my life they do not make up the majority of over 75 year olds.

If people stuck on benefits and relying on food banks have to pay the fee, then so should the elderly. This is at fault of the Tory government (cutting funding again what a surprise) yet no one cares. The anger is directed at the BBC for screwing over war veterans, no wonder the media isn’t trusted in this country
    They'd be minimum 90 today, and that's assuming that they lied to enrol and just squeaked in before hostilities ended.