+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If Fairwater FC, were in the Women's Wold Cup

Re: If Fairwater FC, were in the Women's Wold Cup

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Based on that they're female Sunday league players versus female professionals. Is there a Fairwater men's team? How do you think they'd do against England or France?
    The thread is about the men’s team playing in the competition

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Based on that they're female Sunday league players versus female professionals. Is there a Fairwater men's team? How do you think they'd do against England or France?
    It's the Mens team top of the Cardiff combination!

A top Cardiff Parks team

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    So I was Right?

Seems like NYCBlue has had the 'mare then!

..and I stand by what I said that they'd win the Women's World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    So I was Right?

Seems like NYCBlue has had the 'mare then!

..and I stand by what I said that they'd win the Women's World Cup.
    It’s surely a pointless thread if the op is asking is a group of amateur women representing an area of Cardiff with a population of a few thousand would do well in a world Cup of international teams

Based on what?

If you read the links above to both the USA and Australian women's teams, you'll see that boys teams have beaten them comfortably.
    Fitness levels alone would be enough, it would be parks players playing against proper athletes

If you made it completely non-contact I expect a few of the women’s teams would beat conference standard men’s teams ... but then again, like everyone else in this thread, I have no feckin idea.

CardiffCitySince1927

I mean, personally I reckon surprisingly well.
    I know Bangor Town’s U15s played the Welsh National Team’s first XI as preparation for one of the games. Bangor U15s won 8-0.
    That was the same Welsh side who drew to the third best women’s team in the world (England).
    As for Fairwater, I reckon they would finish 2nd in the group and probably lose in the round of 16.

Overall, Fairwater would have physicality and height on their side (just look at what Wendie Renard did to South Korea... that would be everyone). And on the other hand Women’s side would be better technically and fitness-wise. It would be closer than you think.

Also, if we are saying that they go to the WWC they’d start using tactics where they’d drop deep and counter everyone and everything. It would be an interesting match.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Fitness levels alone would be enough, it would be parks players playing against proper athletes
    So how do you account for the fitness levels of 15-year-old boys beating the top women's teams so comfortably?

..like schoolboys against proper athletes.

So how do you account for the fitness levels of 15-year-old boys beating the top women's teams so comfortably?
    I'd be happy to bet that academy players at good clubs who train properly are fitter than parks players, club youth teams would beat parks teams as well

As the link you posted said, the boys beat an Australia side missing many of their better players with the Australia team rusty having not played in a while whereas in the World Cup the teams have played warm ups to get up to speed following a full league season

CardiffCitySince1927

I'd be happy to bet that academy players at good clubs who train properly are fitter than parks players, club youth teams would beat parks teams as well

As the link you posted said, the boys beat an Australia side missing many of their better players with the Australia team rusty having not played in a while whereas in the World Cup the teams have played warm ups to get up to speed following a full league season
    See my point?

But c'mon... 7-0?

It wasn't even remotely a close game.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Oh my gosh. How will I ever live it down? My opinion is unchanged though.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Can you translate into a language I know please

Fat fingers and auto correct are a deadly combination
    Just saying