+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ryan Giggs open to Wales changes in Hungary

Ryan Giggs open to Wales changes in Hungary

Euro 2020 qualifying: Ryan Giggs open to Wales changes in Hungary

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48580203

The main change I would make would be at the top. I never have felt Giggs was the man for the job, never will, and nothing so far has made me feel any different. Our defending in the 1st half v Croatia was pitiful. Pre qualifiers I always thought and still think we will end up 3rd behind Croatia and Hungry

Discuss please, without resorting to childish comments and slagging one another off! Thanks

Re: Ryan Giggs open to Wales changes in Hungary

I dont think we were that bad against Croatia, and so far Giggs has been about par

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post

The main change I would make would be at the top. I never have felt Giggs was the man for the job, never will, and nothing so far has made me feel any different. Our defending in the 1st half v Croatia was pitiful. Pre qualifiers I always thought and still think we will end up 3rd behind Croatia and Hungry

Discuss please, without resorting to childish comments and slagging one another off! Thanks
    We miss Ash at the back. Chester, Mepham etc all look better with him there. Experience is so vital, and are very short on it without him, Gunter and Ramsey.

I expect this to be the side tomorrow:

James Bale Brooks
    Wilson
    Ampadu Allen
    Davies Ash Mepham Gunter
    Hennessey

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I dont think we were that bad against Croatia, and so far Giggs has been about par
    In the main, we've beaten the teams we should beat and lost to the teams we should lose to. He's doing OK as you say but no more than that. Doesn't help he's barely had Allen, Rambo and Bale fit at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    In the main, we've beaten the teams we should beat and lost to the teams we should lose to. He's doing OK as you say but no more than that. Doesn't help he's barely had Allen, Rambo and Bale fit at the same time.
    Yep, missing any of those 3 in the past and we've usually been rubbish.

Yes, I felt we missed Ash too, and I would have started with Gunter as well. A very inexperienced back line and it showed against the experienced classy Croatian midfield. Time and time again they had the beating of us down the left hand side in the first half.

We miss Ash at the back. Chester, Mepham etc all look better with him there. Experience is so vital, and are very short on it without him, Gunter and Ramsey.

James Bale Brooks
    Wilson
    Ampadu Allen
    Davies Ash Mepham Gunter
    Hennessey

James Bale Brooks
    Wilson
    Ampadu Allen
    Davies Ash Mepham Gunter
    Hennessey
    Yes. This is the team I would start with

Yes, I felt we missed Ash too, and I would have started with Gunter as well. A very inexperienced back line and it showed against the experienced classy Croatian midfield. Time and time again they had the beating of us down the left hand side in the first half.
    I think gunter would have been much better in the Croatia game, but I would stick with Roberts. Hungary s strength seems to be at the back, and Roberts offers a lot more going forward.

I think Giggs is trying to build for the future and so far I like what he has done. I wasn't in favour of him getting the job, and I doubt we'll qualify for the Euros. But I think it's a step in the right direction. The job Coleman did in the WC qualifiers was not good.

It's simply too early for that sort of thinking. I recognise that Giggs is still a young manager and has, and will, make mistakes but "together stronger" includes giving the manager a fair crack at things.

James Bale Brooks
    Wilson
    Ampadu Allen
    Davies Ash Mepham Gunter
    Hennessey
    James Bale Brooks
    Allen
    Ampadu Smith
    Davies Ash Mepham Gunter
    Hennessey

Wilson to start on the bench until we are settled and have a measure of the game, and have a fair idea what is required to get a result. There is no point going gung-ho right from the off away from home.

We looked loads sharper when we brought on Brooks , Ampadu and Rabbi. I’d start with something similar if everyone is fit.