+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: European spending

European spending

Seems like Wales will miss out on 2bn worth of funding. I'm sure if we ask Westminster nicely they'll step in to fill the gap, won't they?

For that much we could build 2 new roads to not go to Newport.

Re: European spending

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Seems like Wales will miss out on 2bn worth of funding. I'm sure if we ask Westminster nicely they'll step in to fill the gap, won't they?

I said the same on this board a while back , and I received a number of replies like what to we pay in etc ,tried to explain the net benefit thing and ah well just gave up trying to convince some of the obvious impact to Wales as a net receipt area v what is paid in.

I also suggested that politically a Tory government may not be inclined to subsidy as Europe did in a non political manner .

Whatever the Tories did in terms of investment they'd never be liked in Wales as they carry the legacy of generational decisions and families passing down the voting directions .

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

Perhaps when the PC leader went on the national debate with the other leaders she should have spent her time presenting these facts and the benefit to Wales instead of wasting time and taking the easy option of calling the Garage a raciiiist every time her mug was on the screen, getting a loud clap in the studio, well done!! Wales should have had the highest remain vote in the UK, this should have been an easy debate to win.

What happens when the US put tariffs on the EU? They are the next on the list!