Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I tend to agree with you Mozzer - shouldn't football just be about enjoying the game up until the age of ten at least?

That said, as has been mentioned already, it only needs one to break into the first team or earn a team millions of pounds in a transfer for the clubs to claim their approach is working and, leaving City out of it for now, this is what the current system manages to do for most of them.

The subject of players who do not like the game is one that comes up with increasing frequency (Danny Gabbidon was saying Bobby Zamora was no great fan of football on the Elis James podcast only a week or two ago) in online discussions and, looking at what now seems to be the typical route to becoming a pro footballer, I can imagine there are plenty who are heartily sick of the game by the time they finish with it.
The thing is, Once you're involved at professional level it becomes a job, and the enjoyment goes with it. I can only go on my limited experiences, i hated the whole process, i was completely out for myself, i didn't give a **** if we lost as long as i played well, if i wasn't in the team then i wanted the team to lose or atleast the player in my position to have a stinker, they were my competition and i wanted them to fail. It's not a nice environment.