Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
My work within coaching I am constantly being told that, within coaching its a more realistic aim to produce someone who will be a key member within your club than an elite athlete, the majority of coaches within South Wales will never deal with the development of an elite athlete.

Within RCT and with RCT sports and other organisations there are more opportunities for sports than there has been for any other period in my life. My attitude is with my kids is for them to experience whatever sport they like, even if that is then a sport i dislike or have no interest in.

As a season ticket holder at Cardiff i would love to see my son playing for Cardiff City, however my attitude to not exposing him to either the development centers or Academies are more than likely hindering his chances, with a preference to finding a sport he enjoys and being an important member in whatever sporting club he ends up at.
But what if he started playing for example, rugby and was really enjoying it. Would you pull him out of rugby to say something else?

My son always gravitated towards football, possibly cos it was always on the TV in my house so it was a natural progression.

I do make sure he can swim, ride a bike, play table tennis, go out with his mate etc but time is restricted by the amount of football he plays.

The same was the case with my other lad and rugby. If he gravitated to one sport it is natural that he would play that more.

It's the close season now and I've told him not to play football for a few weeks but he takes his ball everywhere he goes.