Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: Hungary 1 - 0 Wales

Re: Hungary v Wales

I can't stand looking at Ryan Giggs

Lawrence again. He is bloody awful. Mepham should have started. Canít see us qualifying now.

How come Northern Ireland have had 4 pi$$ easy games in a row, yet we have had 3 really tough in comparison, how did that work out?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Lawrence again. He is bloody awful. Mepham should have started. Can’t see us qualifying now.

We need all our top players playing, pretty sure we did when we qualified before.....bale looks like his love for football has been killed off by Zidane and Madrid....guy needs a fresh start

Lawrence again. He is bloody awful. Mepham should have started. Canít see us qualifying now.
    Nope, miracle time.
    Had our spell and should have taken advantage. Defending always looked suspect.
    Sadly same old same old

Hennessey is awful

Ah well feck 2020.

Lawrence ffs

Not sure Lawrence is upto it

I know we have got to take a bit of a risk but we are all over the shop at the back.

Could be 3 in the last 5 minutes

Wasting our best squad on some Mancunian no hope, absolute joke from the FAW

So poor defensively. Not done much going forward, bale should have scored but other than that Hungary have been better.

Not really sure what we are trying to do, mostly just slow possession

Re: FT: Hungary 1 - 0 Wales

They looked quicker and stronger

Very easy to forget the dark days as we've had a lot of joy in recent times, but that was poor.

GIGGS OUT!!

The Welsh FA need to grow a pair and get rid of Giggs. Thank him for the work he has done bringing though the Welsh youngsters, then TARAA Giggsy!

At this rate we are going to finish 4th in the group. Pathetic performance against an average, mundane Hungary

Bar the friendly games our record under the cretin has been feckin' useless

Absolutely pathetic. What is James Lawrence doing anywhere near the team? He's atrocious. Giggs clueless tactically. Get rid.

Powder puff up front. Shambolic at the back. Sad to see Bale looking so poor. We have lost the ability to grind out a result. No complaints. We didn’t look like scoring in a month of Sunday’s and always looked vulnerable at the back. Please no more of James Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Wasting our best squad on some Mancunian no hope, absolute joke from the FAW
    Spot on there!

I'd rather this man be the Welsh manager!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FH2lVodKgs

Let's not single out Lawrence, not one player particularly impressed me.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Giggs can **** off
    Seconded. How are we that bad at the back?

3 of our 5 remaining games left at home, Bale hopefully getting regular games away from Madrid - enough with all the doom and gloom and support your country!

We've gone from being solid at the back, lacking goals to still lacking goals, but conceding for fun too. The shape is all wrong, the front 4 look like they've got no idea what they're doing and Allen is left with trying to knit it all together. Reminds me of Trollope's City, decent players with absolutely no idea what they're supposed to be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Let's not single out Lawrence, not one player particularly impressed me.
    He has cost us crucial goals in successive games. He doesn’t start regularly in a weak top flight. Why is he playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We've gone from being solid at the back, lacking goals to still lacking goals, but conceding for fun too. The shape is all wrong, the front 4 look like they've got no idea what they're doing and Allen is left with trying to knit it all together. Reminds me of Trollope's City, decent players with absolutely no idea what they're supposed to be doing.
    Yep. The shape and formation just don’t work and our opponents get behind us far too often.

Yep. The shape and formation just don’t work and our opponents get behind us far too often.
    Let's just pass the ball around the defence and then either pass it to Allen or lump it to DJ. Great. We can't play Matt Smith in a 2 at the moment either, the midfield is a non entity when he's in it defensively. He's young and I like him, but he was horrendous tonight.

Powder puff up front. Shambolic at the back. Sad to see Bale looking so poor. We have lost the ability to grind out a result. No complaints. We didn’t look like scoring in a month of Sunday’s and always looked vulnerable at the back. Please no more of James Lawrence.
    He is crap,Bale looks shell shocked after his last season,Allen was the best player in a Welsh shirt.Can only get better

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    3 of our 5 remaining games left at home, Bale hopefully getting regular games away from Madrid - enough with all the doom and gloom and support your country!
    I'll always support my country and always will, through thick and usually thin. We have got the best generation of talented Welsh footballers in my lifetime of watching Wales play, which is 50 years. Sadly we have a shite manager!

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    We're going to have to win at least 4 of them, and hope Croatia run away with the group.

Left with a mountain to climb. Minimum of 5-6 wins needed from the remaining 7 fixtures to figure any chance of finishing in the top 2.

The game was there for the taking. Bale fluffed his lines, but defensively all wrong. It's horrendous that so much of our possession is with the defence. We're relying on them to tick the ball over and pick a pass into midfield. All the whole heaping pressure on a centre back pairing that simply does not work. Lawrence looked all at sea and we all know Williams is passed his best.

Bale looks like a man who is playing without confidence. Brooks looked unfit and struggling to put a stamp on the game. Only bright spark was via James who looked a threat throughout.

Got to hope now that we have a fully fit squad available for Sep, Oct and Nov to stand any chance of figuring in the top 2 picture.

In Giggs defence he doesn’t have a world class Gareth Bale. Coleman was very fortunate in that respect. Hungary beating Croatia has done us no favours.