+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: FT: Hungary 1 - 0 Wales

Re: FT: Hungary 1 - 0 Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    The irony is strong in this one. Incredible.
    Trust me, I have your best interests at heart, and I don't want to see you going into another meltdown. At the end of the day it's only a message board, and it's just not worth getting yourself into a mess over a bunch of football players

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Trust me, I have your best interests at heart, and I don't want to see you going into another meltdown. At the end of the day it's only a message board, and just not worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    BTW if Levitt gets capped during the current Euro campaign do I win a prize? 3 out 3 is pretty good going if you ask me

BTW if Levitt gets capped during the current Euro campaign do I win a prize? 3 out 3 is pretty good going if you ask me
    If Levitt goes on to have the career that some are predicting for him, then I'll give you credit because I'm pretty sure you were advocating his cause before anyone else on here - my recollection is that you were singling him out maybe as long as a year ago, certainly well before I knew much about him.

Brooks, I'm not so sure about though. My memory has him starting to be noticed from a Welsh perspective on here at the Toulon Tournament in 2017 when it was revealed he had been picked for both the England and Wales squads - were you really alerting us about him three years and more ago, because you'd need to have been doing so to justify the accolade you are awarding yourself?

As for Ampadu. I can remember noticing him when I watched all three matches when Wales triumphed in the Under 16s Victory Shield in 2014 (that's almost two years before he made his first team debut at 15 for Exeter) by winning all of their games. Initially, I did so because, with all of that hair, he tended to stand out, but it didn't take me long to realise he was a serious prospect.

Here's a report of the win over England when Ampadu came on as a sub to replace Matt Smith;-

https://www.faw.cymru/en/news/win-wales-victory-shield/

Here's a video of the win against Scotland where you can clearly see him in the number seven shirt;-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17nFxViW22Y

while this report from the Exeter website shows that he came on as a half time sub in the match against Northern Ireland where the title was clinched;-

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/...ld-with-wales/

So, Ampadu was making a name for himself on national television (all matches were screened on Sky back then) five years ago - you would have had to have been talking about him on here when he was about twelve for your version of events to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If Levitt goes on to have the career that some are predicting for him, then I'll give you credit because I'm pretty sure you were advocating his cause before anyone else on here - my recollection is that you were singling him out maybe as long as a year ago, certainly well before I knew much about him.

Brooks, I'm not so sure about though. My memory has him starting to be noticed from a Welsh perspective on here at the Toulon Tournament in 2017 when it was revealed he had been picked for both the England and Wales squads - were you really alerting us about him three years and more ago, because you'd need to have been doing so to justify the accolade you are awarding yourself?

As for Ampadu. I can remember noticing him when I watched all three matches when Wales triumphed in the Under 16s Victory Shield in 2014 (that's almost two years before he made his first team debut at 15 for Exeter) by winning all of their games. Initially, I did so because, with all of that hair, he tended to stand out, but it didn't take me long to realise he was a serious prospect.

Here's a report of the win over England when Ampadu came on as a sub to replace Matt Smith;-

https://www.faw.cymru/en/news/win-wales-victory-shield/

Here's a video of the win against Scotland where you can clearly see him in the number seven shirt;-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17nFxViW22Y

while this report from the Exeter website shows that he came on as a half time sub in the match against Northern Ireland where the title was clinched;-

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/...ld-with-wales/

So, Ampadu was making a name for himself on national television (all matches were screened on Sky back then) five years ago - you would have had to have been talking about him on here when he was about twelve for your version of events to be true.
    Now you’ve done it, just as it settled down

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I am not claiming to have discovered him, I was just highlighting his talent and progress. The trouble started when I said he was good enough to play for Chelsea and Wales, and it got some pushback. Luckily for me, it turned out that he was.

Regarding Levitt, I only posted about him as I was very impressed with his passing ability. It's not the sort of thing you see very often in a player so young. Now that he is getting called up to train with the senior squad, it can only be a matter of time before he gets a runout, probably in the next round of friendly games. Giggs is obviously keen on the lad, and he certainly has the potential to add some variety to our midfield. With the type of players we have available up front, having an accurate passer of the ball in the side would certainly be of benefit to them.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Now you’ve done it, just as it settled down
    The thread that refuses to die!

Are you trying to ban opinions now? All I did was highlight their talent and progress. I even said Ampadu was ready to perform for the Wales senior team, and many disagreed. He promptly went on to win MOTM in his first game!

All I can say is stop being a weirdo, and try to share your own views on things, instead of being obsessed by what other people are saying. You are exhibiting the behaviour of a stalker!
    Third game* he'd already played against France and Panama almost a year earlier

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Third game* he'd already played against France and Panama almost a year earlier
    *In a non-friendly game!