+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: Hungary 1 - 0 Wales

Re: FT: Hungary 1 - 0 Wales

3 of our 5 remaining games left at home, Bale hopefully getting regular games away from Madrid - enough with all the doom and gloom and support your country!

We've gone from being solid at the back, lacking goals to still lacking goals, but conceding for fun too. The shape is all wrong, the front 4 look like they've got no idea what they're doing and Allen is left with trying to knit it all together. Reminds me of Trollope's City, decent players with absolutely no idea what they're supposed to be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Let's not single out Lawrence, not one player particularly impressed me.
    He has cost us crucial goals in successive games. He doesn’t start regularly in a weak top flight. Why is he playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We've gone from being solid at the back, lacking goals to still lacking goals, but conceding for fun too. The shape is all wrong, the front 4 look like they've got no idea what they're doing and Allen is left with trying to knit it all together. Reminds me of Trollope's City, decent players with absolutely no idea what they're supposed to be doing.
    Yep. The shape and formation just don’t work and our opponents get behind us far too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yep. The shape and formation just don’t work and our opponents get behind us far too often.
    Let's just pass the ball around the defence and then either pass it to Allen or lump it to DJ. Great. We can't play Matt Smith in a 2 at the moment either, the midfield is a non entity when he's in it defensively. He's young and I like him, but he was horrendous tonight.

Powder puff up front. Shambolic at the back. Sad to see Bale looking so poor. We have lost the ability to grind out a result. No complaints. We didn’t look like scoring in a month of Sunday’s and always looked vulnerable at the back. Please no more of James Lawrence.
    He is crap,Bale looks shell shocked after his last season,Allen was the best player in a Welsh shirt.Can only get better

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    3 of our 5 remaining games left at home, Bale hopefully getting regular games away from Madrid - enough with all the doom and gloom and support your country!
    I'll always support my country and always will, through thick and usually thin. We have got the best generation of talented Welsh footballers in my lifetime of watching Wales play, which is 50 years. Sadly we have a shite manager!

We're going to have to win at least 4 of them, and hope Croatia run away with the group.

Left with a mountain to climb. Minimum of 5-6 wins needed from the remaining 7 fixtures to figure any chance of finishing in the top 2.

The game was there for the taking. Bale fluffed his lines, but defensively all wrong. It's horrendous that so much of our possession is with the defence. We're relying on them to tick the ball over and pick a pass into midfield. All the whole heaping pressure on a centre back pairing that simply does not work. Lawrence looked all at sea and we all know Williams is passed his best.

Bale looks like a man who is playing without confidence. Brooks looked unfit and struggling to put a stamp on the game. Only bright spark was via James who looked a threat throughout.

Got to hope now that we have a fully fit squad available for Sep, Oct and Nov to stand any chance of figuring in the top 2 picture.

In Giggs defence he doesn’t have a world class Gareth Bale. Coleman was very fortunate in that respect. Hungary beating Croatia has done us no favours.

Can anybody tell me what the system is? I’m at a loss after the 2 games. Our midfield have been static when receiving the ball and were pressing but not getting many decisive challenges in that turned possession in our favour. It feels a little like Paul Trollope at Cardiff to me in that I spend all game scratching my head.

We're going to have to win at least 4 of them, and hope Croatia run away with the group.
    The only game that worries me is Slovakia away, all the others are very winnable

S4C saying the Wales team are still in the dressing room rather than doing interviews

Hopefully they're giving Giggs a good bollocking

The only game that worries me is Slovakia away, all the others are very winnable
    Based on the last 2 performances, can you seriously see us winning 4 including Croatia?

Based on the last 2 performances, can you seriously see us winning 4 including Croatia?
    Who knows but I’m a positive thinker so I’m expecting an improvement

Re: Hungary v Wales

Looking at Northern Ireland’s squad, I wouldn’t have fancied them to win any of those games

When did we forget how to defend corners?

There is optimism and there is delusion.

When we qualified for Euro 16 it was built off solid foundations. We had Belgium and Bosnia in that group who are the equal of the teams in this group. We lost just one qualifier in ten games and barely conceded. This time around we have already lost two and get defensively stretched far too easily. The goals we have conceded have been so poor.

Re: Hungary v Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Looking at Northern Ireland’s squad, I wouldn’t have fancied them to win any of those games
    Have a decent manager in O Neil unlike us

In Giggs defence he doesn’t have a world class Gareth Bale. Coleman was very fortunate in that respect. Hungary beating Croatia has done us no favours.
    A decent experienced, wise old head of a manger would put his arm around Bale and instill confidence in him, to play and be at his best for his country. I'm sure Warnock would! The charisma free zone that is Giggs, couldn't instill confidence in a team of under 5s

I’d take Coleman back tomorrow

we need to go to a 3.5.2 system, put Ampudu at the middle of the 3 defenders. Smith and Allen in midfield, James and Brooks on the wings, Ramsey no 10 with Bale and Lawrence up front. Our midfield hasnt worked in either game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    we need to go to a 3.5.2 system, put Ampudu at the middle of the 3 defenders. Smith and Allen in midfield, James and Brooks on the wings, Ramsey no 10 with Bale and Lawrence up front. Our midfield hasnt worked in either game.
    Whether it be Ramsey or not, we need a classical number ten type to knit things together - we have so much attacking talent coming through, but, for now at least, they are all individualists and so they're almost working against each other, rather than as a unit.

No Ramsey.
    Bale a shadow of the player he was.
    Thats our 2 even close to world class players gone.
    Thats it.