+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: Hungary 1 - 0 Wales

Re: FT: Hungary 1 - 0 Wales

That's another qualifying competition down the pan.

Is Bale going to improve when he's playing for Real Madrid U-23's next season. He's obviously only interested in the money not his football career.

Does anybody else think we are more organised when Ampadu is on the pitch telling everybody what to do? Even though he was lacking fitness and carrying an injury, it was like watching two different teams when he wasn't involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Does anybody else think we are more organised when Ampadu is on the pitch telling everybody what to do? Even though he was lacking fitness and carrying an injury, it was like watching two different teams when he wasn't involved.
    We were more organised because he's a better player than Smith, especially defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We were more organised because he's a better player than Smith, especially defensively.
    I'm talking about his organisational skills, telling others where to play the ball and what positions to take up. It seemed like chaos after he went off last night, nobody knew what to do.

I'm talking about his organisational skills, telling others where to play the ball and what positions to take up. It seemed like chaos after he went off last night, nobody knew what to do.
    I know but I don't agree. We were an absolute shambles at the back before he went off for starters, and the front 4 were so far away the entire game. The only time we created a proper chance was when he was off the pitch.

I know but I don't agree. We were an absolute shambles at the back before he went off for starters, and the front 4 were so far away the entire game. The only time we created a proper chance was when he was off the pitch.
    I'm not actually discussing the forward play, more the midfield and defence, i.e. the players directly around him.

Exactly, if you want to make Ampadu the only issue (which he certainly isn't), then I thought we played better after he went off.

We have no midfield under Giggs despite the best effort of Allen, Ampadu and Smith.

Last night they were either alongside the centrebacks making simple passes or out on the wings. They spent very little time in midfield and screening the defence. I do not blame the players it is the coaching and management.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Exactly, if you want to make Ampadu the only issue (which he certainly isn't), then I thought we played better after he went off.
    Here is the most important stat, we never conceded in both games when he was on the pitch, and we also scored our one goal.

Here is the most important stat, we never conceded in both games when he was on the pitch, and we also scored our one goal.
    It's not an important stat at all - it's just a red herring in this instance which you've tried to use to justify your blinkered view.

I rate Ampadu highly and, with us in the midst of trying to find a new captain as Ashley Williams' Wales career winds down, I think serious consideration should be given to letting him have the job in a year or twos time, but, for now, he's an eighteen year old who is being rushed back into high grade football after struggling with injuries over recent months and that's exactly what he looked like on Saturday and last night. I honestly don't get why you see everything that happens with the Welsh team in terms of David Brooks, Ethan Ampadu and Dylan Levitt. I've not seen enough of the last named to comment on him in any detail, but I do rate the other two as the best of the prospects we have coming through currently, I can't help thinking though that, if we all thought of them in the terms you do, we would be putting the pair of them under unnecessary pressure.

How can people say in this thread that this is our best Squad?

Its basically made up of kids from the 2nd divisions and the handful from the top flight hardly play!

Will Vaulks and Mathew Smith against the world cup finalist

It's not an important stat at all - it's just a red herring in this instance which you've tried to use to justify your blinkered view.

I rate Ampadu highly and, with us in the midst of trying to find a new captain as Ashley Williams' Wales career winds down, I think serious consideration should be given to letting him have the job in a year or twos time, but, for now, he's an eighteen year old who is being rushed back into high grade football after struggling with injuries over recent months and that's exactly what he looked like on Saturday and last night. I honestly don't get why you see everything that happens with the Welsh team in terms of David Brooks, Ethan Ampadu and Dylan Levitt. I've not seen enough of the last named to comment on him in any detail, but I do rate the other two as the best of the prospects we have coming through currently, I can't help thinking though that, if we all thought of them in the terms you do, we would be putting the pair of them under unnecessary pressure.
    I'm talking about his communication ability, not his playing ability. As an ex-captain of a football team myself, I can see what he brings to the team in terms of leadership. Besides that, Hungary could have scored at least 3 goals after he went off, including the one Allen kicked off the line, and the shot from distance that was just over bar. I seem to recall there was also another shot from distance that nobody closed down and the keeper saved.

I honestly don't get why you see everything that happens with the Welsh team in terms of David Brooks, Ethan Ampadu and Dylan Levitt.
    You are always talking about young Cardiff City players, so why can't I talk about up and coming Welsh players? I mentioned these 3 players before most people had even heard of them. I highlighted their potential and I have been following their progress, which is exactly what you have been doing with the young Cardiff City players. In fact, you have even been deciding which players are not good enough to make the grade, which is something I never do.

I'm talking about his communication ability, not his playing ability. As an ex-captain of a football team myself, I can see what he brings to the team in terms of leadership. Besides that, Hungary could have scored at least 3 goals after he went off, including the one Allen kicked off the line, and the shot from distance that was just over bar. I seem to recall there was also another shot from distance that nobody closed down and the keeper saved.
    How can a centre mid organise a back 4 when he's got his back to them? He can do a bit but if I was Ash, and Ampadu is telling the centre backs and full backs where to go, I'd tell him to eff off.

How can a centre mid organise a back 4 when he's got his back to them? He can do a bit but if I was Ash, and Ampadu is telling the centre backs and full backs where to go, I'd tell him to eff off.
    Maybe you can watch the replay

You are always talking about young Cardiff City players, so why can't I talk about up and coming Welsh players? I mentioned these 3 players before most people had even heard of them. I highlighted their potential and I have been following their progress, which is exactly what you have been doing with the young Cardiff City players. In fact, you have even been deciding which players are not good enough to make the grade, which is something I never do.
    The difference between us is that I'm not seeing a senior international side from a perspective that totally revolves around a couple of teenagers and a twenty one year old.

Maybe you can watch the replay
    I'd pay decent money to never have to watch last night's shambles again.

David Brooks, Ethan Ampadu and Dylan Levitt. I've not seen enough of the last named to comment on him in any detail, but I do rate the other two as the best of the prospects we have coming through currently.
    Thanks for confirming that I have a good eye for spotting talented young players. I'd put I'd down to actually having played the game, and being coached by former intenational players. There are some things you can't learn from the terraces, or kicking a ball around Splott Park

Thanks for confirming that I have a good eye for spotting talented young players. I'd put I'd down to actually having played the game, and being coached by former intenational players. There are some things you can't learn from the terraces, or kicking a ball around Splott Park
    How arrogant can you get? Jesus.

In the grand scheme of things, nobody on this messageboard has a clue. That's why we're posting on here.

How arrogant can you get? Jesus.

In the grand scheme of things, nobody on this messageboard has a clue. That's why we're posting on here.
    Message boards are notoriously difficult places for trying to impose your will on others. That's why I try to talk about actual things, and avoid making personal comments about other people, which seems to be your (and many others) stock-in-trade.

And I'm not really arrogant as I failed to make the grade, but it was fun trying

Message boards are notoriously difficult places for trying to impose your will on others. That's why I try to talk about actual things, and avoid making personal comments about other people, which seems to be your (and many others) stock-in-trade.
    That's a personal comment about other people.

The difference between us is that I'm not seeing a senior international side from a perspective that totally revolves around a couple of teenagers and a twenty one year old.
    I don't see it that way either, but we already know everything there is to know about the established players, so there is not much to add. I also find it more interesting to talk about the new generation, who I have known about since before they got anywhere near the senior international side. If the truth be known, I'm generally quite jaded about football these days, but I do enjoy assessing ability and potential, as it's something that I can relate to from to my own personal experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    It's not a derogatory statement, I was just highlighting what some people do, and it's a losing strategy in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    He does it daily.

And I'm not really arrogant as I failed to make the grade, but it was fun trying
    You're the one making personal comments, which you have done above and repeatedly. You've spent the entire time lecturing people saying you know more than them. I made points, which you ignored or twisted into points over-egging the importance of Ampadu.