Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Goodnight Ryan

Re: Goodnight Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    FYP
    What a knob!

Heisenberg

New motto for Wales under Giggs' tutelage: Cymru Am Bythalent.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Utter Bollux
    Coleman's first competitive squad included Boaz Myhill, Darcy Blake, Simon Church, Steve Morison, Jason Brown and Sam Ricketts.

Here he is - we knew what we were getting

https://www.planetfootball.com/video...aretaker-boss/

There was a reason he didn't get the Man Utd job - Not only tactically naive (he also appears to have the wonderful trait of making 4 or 5 changes per game) but he is obviously an energy vampire just like Colin Robinson.

Bale looks disinterested - Brooks looked lost, Lawrence looks out of his depth - no point going on - nothing is going to happen anyway

Heisenberg

What I can say, is Bale has been ****ing useless for us lately for a player with his ability.
    Giggs has been on a hiding to nothing from his first game. He never showed any commitment to us as a player, so we’ve all got to hate him as a manager!!
    Our fans never showed much commitment to the team either when we were piss poor, but all came out of the woodwork when we started to get better
    I’d love us to qualify, if only to shut the negative cuts up on here.
    Strange reason to want us to qualify, but ok.

The world and Sky are still waiting for the boy Giggs to tell us what went wrong again.

Maybe he's decided to go.
    If he does it's not too late.

Coleman's first competitive squad included Boaz Myhill, Darcy Blake, Simon Church, Steve Morison, Jason Brown and Sam Ricketts.
    I’m not talking about the squads. I’m talking about the reaction to Coleman’s appointment on here.

Of the young players Ampadu, David Brooks and Dan James look the real deal. I am far from convinced that Harry Wilson, Tom Lawrence, Matt Smith etc etc are good enough.

We don’t have a young Ian Rush coming up through the ranks.

I’m not talking about the squads. I’m talking about the reaction to Coleman’s appointment on here.
    Are you saying Coleman didn't take over in tragic circumstances?

Are you saying Coleman didn't take over in tragic circumstances?
    Where did I say that? I’m talking about the reaction on here to his appointment by all the usual sheep.

Still waiting.

Where did I say that? I’m talking about the reaction on here to his appointment by all the usual sheep.
    So why did you respond "utter bollux" to my post if you weren't talking about either of the points I raised?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    We could easily have lost that under Coleman, especially with Ramsey out and bale in terrible form. I don't think it's time to get rid of Giggs just yet
    Absolutely, you could argue years ago, we would gave been battered by Croatia and Hungary, not losing by one goal and still in the game.

Giggs is on a hiding to nothing after the Euro success, which to be fair and honest is never likely to be repeated in a few folks lifetimes.

Anyone think that Bale is half the player he was , and that's the biggy.

So Giggs hides in the dressing room rather than explain his useless management.
    He just must be sacked.

So why did you respond "utter bollux" to my post if you weren't talking about either of the points I raised?
    Because both your points in your reply to my post, had absolutely nothing to do with what I had said about the treatment Coleman got on here when he was first appointed.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    So Giggs hides in the dressing room rather than explain his useless management.
    He just must be sacked.
    He’s probably doing the important bit first and talking to the players.

No Ramsey, Bale struggling for any confidence or form and sadly we are getting punished for making too many mistakes at the back and not taking them at the other end

At this moment in time I don't understand what Giggs wants us to be. I get that he prefers a left CB and a right CB to try and pass out from the back and I understand that he wants to bring in young players and expand our talent pool, but there is so much more that doesn't make sense at this time. Why does it seem that we play with 6 CB's and then 6 forwards and have no one to recover the ball in midfield? Why does it seem that our tactic for 90% of the game was to allow Daniel James to run fast and attract fouls, but not having worked on any sort of corner or free-kick routine that will help us score? Why does it seem that we're now worse at defending and worse at attacking but with a more talented squad?

At this point we seem to be in the exact same position as we were in Coleman's final qualification group where we need to go on a long unbeaten run. Giggs has 3 months until the next game and most of that will see players on holiday or pre-season. Dear me, we're in trouble.

On the bright-side, after the next round of fixtures we could be one point off second place and still in with a chance. Fans need to show up and be a credit where players and manager doesn't seem to be able to at the moment.

Some right pessimistic panickers on here.
    Coleman got the same treatment when he first took over. 2 disappointing performances away from home, but it’s hardly the end of the world!
    We can still qualify, and all the negative muppets will come out of the woodwork again.
    I hope you’re right but I think you are going to have to eat your words if Giggs stays. For me, Coleman, Speed and Hughes all had much more about them in the way of potential or experience in management. Just because Coleman ended up turning things round , it doesn’t mean that Giggs may well be out of his depth and his lack of ability will mean us missing out on a place in a major tournament.

I admit that there are plenty of points left and that results have gone pretty much as expected apart from tonight’s result. I just feel that it’s a risky game taking such a huge gamble on managers with little or no experience. It’ll definitely backfire one day and of all the former players turned manager , Giggs is the one that has filled me with least confidence. Great player, and no hard feelings for his lack of commitment as a player (in friendlies) but he seems to be naive .

Just compare him to Belgium’s manager. There is no comparison.

Gareth Bale has been far more disappointing that Giggs in recent times, imo. Giggs, in fairness is bringing through a shed led of young talent, who clearly still need more time to gel but he is on seriously thin ice. Bale however, get a ****ing grip. You're meant and emphasis on meant, to be one of the best players in the world and he is absolutely non existent, and has been for quite some time now. Very disappointing from Bale (and Giggs) again tonight.

How many times have we lost these type of games over the years? Especially if we have an injury to one of the two or three genuine quality players on the squad. We didn't play well and got punished for it.

I don't see how Giggs can be blamed for today.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Here he is - we knew what we were getting

https://www.planetfootball.com/video...aretaker-boss/

There was a reason he didn't get the Man Utd job - Not only tactically naive (he also appears to have the wonderful trait of making 4 or 5 changes per game) but he is obviously an energy vampire just like Colin Robinson.

Bale looks disinterested - Brooks looked lost, Lawrence looks out of his depth - no point going on - nothing is going to happen anyway
    I agree with you here. Bales apparent disinterest is down to Giggs, not down to his current situation at Madrid. Just my opinion mind. The same with Brooks. Giggs will end up up sapping the confidence of all of our best players by the end of this current qualifying campaign. He really has to go now!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    How many times have we lost these type of games over the years? Especially if we have an injury to one of the two or three genuine quality players on the squad. We didn't play well and got punished for it.

I don't see how Giggs can be blamed for today.
    Unless he told Bale to miss an absolute sitter. Then he should definitely go.

Bale had our best chance tonight and in previous campaigns has scored those chances which has led to a Wales win but sadly he seems to be struggling....I thought he was quiet in the Slovakia game too.
    We have some exciting youngsters but need to be quicker in possession to utilise their pace more .

To be fair to Giggs, his post-game interview on Sgorio wasn't bad. It didn't fill me with too much hope but the causes for concern/responsibility to improve being shared around equally so we've still got that team spirit going for us.