Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 77 of 77

Thread: Goodnight Ryan

  1. #61

    Re: Goodnight Ryan

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    That something was a world class Gareth Bale and a prime Ashley Williams. If Coleman comes back he has neither.

    And yes we have some kids with potential, but thats all it is at the moment - potential.
    Agreed but he still did it, and then took us to a semi final. All managers need luck but we cruised qualification and rarely lost. If he wasn't a Jack, he'd get a lot more praise on here. We've had world class players in the past and not qualified.

    I have some sympathy with Giggs, though, Bale has been the worst player on the pitch with the exception of James Lawrence in the last two games.

  2. #62

    Re: Goodnight Ryan

    Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    C'mon guys,the group that got to the semi's in 2016 didn't exactly hit the ground running either and I seem to remember nobody wanted Colman as manager as well.Its all too easy to blame the manager and it smacks of a knee jerk reaction rather than a considered view.I quite like the style Giggs is trying to play but these youngsters are not yet in the same place as those 4 yrs ago.Just because we had some success 4 yrs ago lets not become english fans by throwing our toys out when thing don't go to plan.I think this current crop could eventually do as well if not better than the 2016 lot.
    If you can tell me what the plan is, I'd love to know. Giggs has had 18 months in the job and I'm still no closer to finding out what we're trying to do. It looked like 4-2-4 last night, the front 4 were pushed up so high we couldn't get them the ball and resorted to lumping it forward to James. Giggs is being let down, massively, by some of the bigger names (with the exception of Joe Allen) but there are major alarm bells ringing. He's not going to go anywhere though so I'm praying he can turn it around in the next 3 months.

  3. #63

    Re: Goodnight Ryan

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If you can tell me what the plan is, I'd love to know. Giggs has had 18 months in the job and I'm still no closer to finding out what we're trying to do. It looked like 4-2-4 last night, the front 4 were pushed up so high we couldn't get them the ball and resorted to lumping it forward to James. Giggs is being let down, massively, by some of the bigger names (with the exception of Joe Allen) but there are major alarm bells ringing. He's not going to go anywhere though so I'm praying he can turn it around in the next 3 months.
    Won't be 3 months I'm afraid,some of our players are babies and far from the finished article.One good tournament has given some fans the same expectations as england fans.We may have to face up to the fact that we won't qualify this time.

  4. #64

    Re: Goodnight Ryan

    Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Won't be 3 months I'm afraid,some of our players are babies and far from the finished article.One good tournament has given some fans the same expectations as england fans.We may have to face up to the fact that we won't qualify this time.
    What's the plan though? What's Giggs trying to do?

  5. #65

    Re: Goodnight Ryan

    I still think heís the right man at the moment.

  6. #66

    Re: Goodnight Ryan

    Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I still think he’s the right man at the moment.
    Feck!! I'd hate to see the wrong man then! We have been diabolical under Giggs. End of.

  7. #67

    Re: Goodnight Ryan

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Feck!! I'd hate to see the wrong man then! We have been diabolical under Giggs. End of.
    Think your going a bit OTT.
    Weíve been nowhere near diabolical.

  8. #68

    Re: Goodnight Ryan

    Well as I'm not in his confidence I will hazard a guess.Just like Coleman before him I think he's trying to give as much experience as possible to the so in time they will mature into a good side just like the 2016 squad which incidentally were regarded as pants by many before then with many calling for Colmans head.

  9. #69

    Re: Goodnight Ryan

    Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Well as I'm not in his confidence I will hazard a guess.Just like Coleman before him I think he's trying to give as much experience as possible to the so in time they will mature into a good side just like the 2016 squad which incidentally were regarded as pants by many before then with many calling for Colmans head.
    Quite right, in fact Coleman had a worse start than Giggs with easier fixtures but it came right in the Euros! Giggs has until the next World Cup to prove himself so letís support him!

  10. #70

    Re: Goodnight Ryan

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Quite right, in fact Coleman had a worse start than Giggs with easier fixtures but it came right in the Euros! Giggs has until the next World Cup to prove himself so letís support him!
    Too much sense creeping into this thread.

  11. #71

    Re: Goodnight Ryan

    Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Well as I'm not in his confidence I will hazard a guess.Just like Coleman before him I think he's trying to give as much experience as possible to the so in time they will mature into a good side just like the 2016 squad which incidentally were regarded as pants by many before then with many calling for Colmans head.
    I think that this thought process is a fallacy. Who is Giggs going pick over the youngsters? The more obvious reason that they are getting game time is because they are better than the more senior Welsh players who play in the same positions as them - not because they are being blooded or other terms that I've seen used.

    Giggs is picking the best players available to him and isn't getting the results or, perhaps, more importantly, the performances you would expect from them.

  12. #72

    Re: Goodnight Ryan

    I think there is a lot of work to do by the coaches and players but I think perhaps time to reflect as fans as well. The Ireland home game in the Nations League was a strange atmosphere because a) the players were so new to us but also b) it was so easy and so offensive compared to Coleman's time here that perhaps fans thought they could sit back and enjoy like the very quiet Man City fans do every week. I think b) has gone now so we definitely need to turn up and support the team and hopefully we'll grow stronger whereas Croatia grow weaker (very possible) and one of Slovakia or Hungary fall apart (very possible).

  13. #73

    Re: Goodnight Ryan

    He gotta let the kids do what they wanna do and that’s attack !!!

    They don’t wanna be pissing about on the half way line, against old men who couldn’t catch a tortoise.

    These young lads got no fear and wanna be let loose.

    Better to try and win, than to keep on losing to late goals. Get out there and f ucking attack

  14. #74

    Re: Goodnight Ryan

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I think that this thought process is a fallacy. Who is Giggs going pick over the youngsters? The more obvious reason that they are getting game time is because they are better than the more senior Welsh players who play in the same positions as them - not because they are being blooded or other terms that I've seen used.

    Giggs is picking the best players available to him and isn't getting the results or, perhaps, more importantly, the performances you would expect from them.
    I agree with what you say but the fallacy is expecting youngsters to hit the ground running as if they've got 50 caps.Theres nothing at all wrong with the way the manager trying to play the game but with a small pool its all about trying to make what you've got better, not throwing your toys out when we get beat a couple of times.I thought they played well against a decent if not brilliant Hungarian side who may surprise a few just as we did 4 yrs ago.

  15. #75

    Re: Goodnight Ryan

    Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    I agree with what you say but the fallacy is expecting youngsters to hit the ground running as if they've got 50 caps.Theres nothing at all wrong with the way the manager trying to play the game but with a small pool its all about trying to make what you've got better, not throwing your toys out when we get beat a couple of times.I thought they played well against a decent if not brilliant Hungarian side who may surprise a few just as we did 4 yrs ago.
    Sorry, just to clarify, my post was in relation to Pedro asking you what Giggs' plan was and you replied that you thought it was to give the youngsters experience. My argument is that it can't be a plan if he has no other choice but to play them... they pick themselves at this point due to being better than the other options.

    If he was dropping Hennessey, Williams, Allen and Bale for completely untried youngsters then I'd see that argument... But that's not close to what's happening in my opinion.

  16. #76

    Re: Goodnight Ryan

    Apart from 2016 we have been serial failures when it comes to qualifying. Even in 1958 we snuck into the Finals through the back door. Yes there was 1976 but it doesn’t say much when Northern Ireland have a considerably better track record than us. Forget WCQ in 2022. We need to be qualifying for the Euros. We are second seeds.

  17. #77

    Re: Goodnight Ryan

    Are the back four still passing it square and back to the keeper looking cool on the ball ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •