+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: La Liga fined €250k for using its app to catch illegal soccer streams

La Liga fined €250k for using its app to catch illegal soccer streams

https://www.engadget.com/2019/06/11/...xZYqmjUeYMP05H

Only fined a 250k for illegally spying on people.

Re: La Liga fined €250k for using its app to catch illegal soccer streams

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

It's really widespread though. For example, I was talking about going on holiday to Bilbao, within about 15 minutes I got an email from Booking.com about Bilbao. I'd not googled it, or anything and yet I got an email.

They've only been fined at all because the EU has put the GDPR laws in place to help protect the rights of individuals.

The fines can be up to 4% of annual turnover. Not sure of the actual turnover of the LFP.

Everybody's doing it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48597111

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    It's really widespread though. For example, I was talking about going on holiday to Bilbao, within about 15 minutes I got an email from Booking.com about Bilbao. I'd not googled it, or anything and yet I got an email.
    I’ve heard it’s a lot worse than just listening for stuff like that, they make note of where you’ve been, who you’ve been with and look at your social media etc for what you’ve got in common and target ads based on that.

I’ve heard it’s a lot worse than just listening for stuff like that, they make note of where you’ve been, who you’ve been with and look at your social media etc for what you’ve got in common and target ads based on that.
    We'll be having adverts for fat ladies in bikini's on this site next.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    We'll be having adverts for fat ladies in bikini's on this site next.
    Can you imagine a match between, say, Newport County and one of these fat ladies in bikinis. If the men went at it full throttle each tackle would likely dislocate joints and/or break limbs. Speed is crucial in football and given that men are 15% quicker than women the men would run rings round the women, both figuratively and literally.

Can you imagine a match between, say, Newport County and one of these fat ladies in bikinis. If the men went at it full throttle each tackle would likely dislocate joints and/or break limbs. Speed is crucial in football and given that men are 15% quicker than women the men would run rings round the women, both figuratively and literally.
    Figures of Eight I expect

Meta ccmb