+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dalman to Charlton?

Re: Dalman to Charlton?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Interview with the man himself and Ken Choo in which they both say he's staying - the Charlton bid is reported to have stalled.

Dalman also talks of us signing two or three players by July with more to follow and says the plan is to "keep every one of our best players".

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...alman-16419429
    Good news all round then

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Mare my arse, only read down to Dougie Freedman (or whatever his name is), you gotta be taking the piss saying MARE !!!

Would you want him anywhere near our club ????

The others quote “it’s not quite WORKING OUT”

It’s a NON JOB, the manager is the manager, end of !!!!!

Before you copy any other so-called evidence, please read through it yourself, most of that ones out of date

A bit of a problem for us was our dungeon years. We haven’t got ex players with the top flight/high standard modern experience with the club at heart knocking about locally. It seems people come to us with just a pay day in mind. A lot of long term successful clubs have ex players, who’ve been there and done it, still involved and they’d more or less argue black was white for the cause. The perfect overseer/director of football would be a football man, someone who’s already made his money and future secure, someone with many contacts but most of all absolutely loves the club. It’s been like revolving doors down the City through the years, money wasted left, right & centre. We desperately need a Cardiff City football man at a higher level than the manager. Let’s be honest, Warnock’s success and gallant Premier League season has masked his dodginess involving the McKays, his agent son’s player coming on at Fulham ahead of more capable players, Tomlin, Madine etc, would a DoF reined him in a bit more?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Mare my arse, only read down to Dougie Freedman (or whatever his name is), you gotta be taking the piss saying MARE !!!

Would you want him anywhere near our club ????

The others quote “it’s not quite WORKING OUT”

It’s a NON JOB, the manager is the manager, end of !!!!!

Before you copy any other so-called evidence, please read through it yourself, most of that ones out of date
    You are still having a mare. The article was written in January and all the people mentioned in the article remain at their clubs.

Sorry but you have zero idea what a director of football is and what they actually do. I’ve given you plenty of clubs who have succeeded with one and you think it’s a non position that the chairman’s mate gets. What do you think Dalman does for the club ??

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    You are still having a mare. The article was written in January and all the people mentioned in the article remain at their clubs.

Sorry but you have zero idea what a director of football is and what they actually do. I’ve given you plenty of clubs who have succeeded with one and you think it’s a non position that the chairman’s mate gets. What do you think Dalman does for the club ??
    Meeting between DF at Crystal Palarse and a top agent:——-

DF:— Woy tells me he wants your player (he don’t know his name), out on the pitch (he don’t know what position he plays) playing for us

Agent:— Who are you exactly, as I thought I was talking to the BOSS.

DF::— I’m DF, I played (insert games) for this club (insert name)

Agent:— Ya, but who are you and what’s your standing in the game. Where’s Woy ????

DF:—- I took this club, to a league cup semi-final, which I unfortunately lost, because 30000 Welshmen sang a Bob Marley song. But my physiatrist is getting me over it now and I can listen to Bob with hardly any problems

Agent:——Do you know the way to Watford

DF:—- You hum it and I’ll sing it

It’s all Bollox

DF:— Woy tells me he wants your player (he don’t know his name), out on the pitch (he don’t know what position he plays) playing for us

Agent:— Ya, but who are you and what’s your standing in the game. Where’s Woy ????

DF:—- I took this club, to a league cup semi-final, which I unfortunately lost, because 30000 Welshmen sang a Bob Marley song. But my physiatrist is getting me over it now and I can listen to Bob with hardly any problems

It’s all Bollox
    Are you ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Are you ok?
    Never been better, thanks for your concern

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    A bit of a problem for us was our dungeon years. We haven’t got ex players with the top flight/high standard modern experience with the club at heart knocking about locally. It seems people come to us with just a pay day in mind. A lot of long term successful clubs have ex players, who’ve been there and done it, still involved and they’d more or less argue black was white for the cause. The perfect overseer/director of football would be a football man, someone who’s already made his money and future secure, someone with many contacts but most of all absolutely loves the club. It’s been like revolving doors down the City through the years, money wasted left, right & centre. We desperately need a Cardiff City football man at a higher level than the manager. Let’s be honest, Warnock’s success and gallant Premier League season has masked his dodginess involving the McKays, his agent son’s player coming on at Fulham ahead of more capable players, Tomlin, Madine etc, would a DoF reined him in a bit more?
    Dalman sits on the Transfer Committee along with Tan, Choo and Warnock. Would any of them dare challenge Warnock on football matters, specifically the recruitment and retention of players? It is not healthy to have one person at the club making all these decisions. I agree, irrespective of whether Dalman stays or goes, some top level football expertise is long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    Dalman sits on the Transfer Committee along with Tan, Choo and Warnock. Would any of them dare challenge Warnock on football matters, specifically the recruitment and retention of players? It is not healthy to have one person at the club making all these decisions. I agree, irrespective of whether Dalman stays or goes, some top level football expertise is long overdue.
    Warnock has a massive amount of expertise ,probably the most experienced /knowledge manager we have ever had

Having one man, however expert he is, making all these decisions at a football club is clearly flawed. Warnock needs to have his opinions challenged like anyone else. Dalman, Choo and Tan do not have the expertise to do this.

It’s all Bollox
    Ok

Having one man, however expert he is, making all these decisions at a football club is clearly flawed. Warnock needs to have his opinions challenged like anyone else. Dalman, Choo and Tan do not have the expertise to do this.
    So you trust a total stranger more than the people in place!!!!!! STRANGE

I agree. I think Warnock was given total control over the first two and a half years, but the recent announcements about pre-season and the discussion about finding a sucessor after next season suggest that the Board are taking some of the control away from him. That doesn't mean that a new source of current football knowledge has mysteriously appeared at the club to complement and challenge Warnock - that is needed - but it does feel like the start of a transition.

Hate wasting money on pen pushers, sack the lot of um, shop floor is where it’s at
    You work on the shop floor?