+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dalman to Charlton?

Dalman to Charlton?

Re: Dalman to Charlton?

I hope that he doesn't go but would understand if he did.

We have stability at the club for the first time in many years (decades?) and there is no doubt that Dalman has been influential in achieving that stability.

He's an interesting character, fair play if he wants to branch out on his own.

Stumbled across this article on him, which completely passed my by at the time. Can't read most of it due to the paywall mind.

Be a big miss. Wonder if Tan has had enquiries about buying his stake and this has prompted Dalman's interest in Charlton.

"Hey Bobby, why did the chicken cross the road?"

Tan make him a major shareholder/part owner he deserves it

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Tan make him a major shareholder/part owner he deserves it
    He has got quite a large shareholding via his company. Offhand its £7/8m.

I will be really sorry to lose Mehmet, as he has been a calming professional influence ever since he has been involved with the City.

Quote Originally Posted by NottinghamBlue View Post
    I will be really sorry to lose Mehmet, as he has been a calming professional influence ever since he has been involved with the City.

Maybe there's no other reason other than he now fancy's having his own club?
    It doesn't have to be a conspiracy or something bad every time something happens at the club.

Dalman joined the Cardiff City board in January 2012. A few months later the club was re-branded. A calming, professional influence ever since he's been involved? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Dalman joined the Cardiff City board in January 2012. A few months later the club was re-branded. A calming, professional influence ever since he's been involved? Really?
    You were pals with Sam Hammam for a short while. If Sam had an idea, even if it was highly controversial, would he have paid any attention to what anyone else said? With regard the rebranding, Dalman was new to the club and highly unlikely to rock the boat with an owner he hadn't got to know and would have disregarded him in anycase.

Money man in a suit. The guy is a slime ball. No idea about football. ****ed up our transfer window this time last year. Why do people like him?

I prefer Choo. He seems more humble to me.

That said though, get a proper, football expert in as a DOF. Let’s be a modern football club shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Money man in a suit. The guy is a slime ball. No idea about football. ****ed up our transfer window this time last year. Why do people like him?

That said though, get a proper, football expert in as a DOF. Let’s be a modern football club shall we?
    Can you tell me which SUCCESSFUL football club has a DOF please.

Would you be a manager under one ?????

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Really?

Liverpool and Man City do for a start. Leicester have had one for the last 5 years, Wolves have one as well.

If you look abroad, Juve, Dortmund and Atlético, Lille(sane guy who oversaw Monaco’s rise to their title a few years back, Lille have just finished second in France), Barcelona and Bayern all operate with one. In fact you’d be hard pressed to find a european club that doesn’t use one.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Really?

Liverpool and Man City do for a start. Leicester have had one for the last 5 years, Wolves have one as well.

If you look abroad, Juve, Dortmund and Atlético, Lille(sane guy who oversaw Monaco’s rise to their title a few years back, Lille have just finished second in France), Barcelona and Bayern all operate with one. In fact you’d be hard pressed to find a european club that doesn’t use one.
    So basically, it’s clubs who can afford another big wage on a mate of someone in the know.

Again, if you were a manager, would you want someone dictating to you ????

We also had a DOF - Kenny Hibbet. That worked well I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    He has got quite a large shareholding via his company. Offhand its £7/8m.
    How would his shares in City affect his position at Charlton? Would he have to sell them under some League rules?

So basically, it’s clubs who can afford another big wage on a mate of someone in the know.

Hardly? Like I said, most clubs in Europe use one. Norwich have one as well if you want to look closer to our level.

They don’t dictate managers, they work with them on transfers and various other aspects of the club. Dalman is essentially our answer to that except he appears to lack the football knowledge that other clubs have.

If I were a manager and refused to work under one I’d be stuck managing Newport county!

That’s a pretty archaic and naive point of view you have. Call them what you like but nearly all teams have some sort of General Manager - and it’s true in most big money sports not just football

Interview with the man himself and Ken Choo in which they both say he's staying - the Charlton bid is reported to have stalled.

Dalman also talks of us signing two or three players by July with more to follow and says the plan is to "keep every one of our best players".

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...alman-16419429

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    That’s a pretty archaic and naive point of view you have. Call them what you like but nearly all teams have some sort of General Manager - and it’s true in most big money sports not just football
    Hate wasting money on pen pushers, sack the lot of um, shop floor is where it’s at

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

He's done well but does come across as a bit of a smoozer, it's not the end of the World!

Mare?

https://www.90min.com/posts/6272660-...premier-league