+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Probably the most powerful speech I've ever heard.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Probably the most powerful speech I've ever heard.

The first video highlighted something that I feel quite strongly about: people sharing and liking endless memes, videos and slogans about social justice, ethics and simply doing what is right (online) - but the vast majority of people seem to have very little backbone in real ife, in my humble opinion. I recently left an organisation as my fellow leaders in that team failed to act in a case of impropriety against one of them - and I have witnessed similar in the past on a number of occasions. Integrity often matters less to people than any inconvenience of doing the right thing in real life.

Re: Probably the most powerful speech I've ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The first video highlighted something that I feel quite strongly about: people sharing and liking endless memes, videos and slogans about social justice, ethics and simply doing what is right (online) - but the vast majority of people seem to have very little backbone in real ife, in my humble opinion. I recently left an organisation as my fellow leaders in that team failed to act in a case of impropriety against one of them - and I have witnessed similar in the past on a number of occasions. Integrity often matters less to people than any inconvenience of doing the right thing in real life.
    Virtue signaling is the word you are looking for.