+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone used WORDPRESS ?

Anyone used WORDPRESS ?

Comments?

Seems to be in permanent state of flux and has had security issues.

Can it be used for websites you want to be enduring?

Re: Anyone used WORDPRESS ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Comments?

Seems to be in permanent state of flux and has had security issues.

Can it be used for websites you want to be enduring?
    I've use Wordpress for my blog and have done for the nearly ten years of its existence. These days it's slower than it was a few years ago and it shows as not being secure on my browser, but I've never had any major issues with it and every single piece I've ever written on Mauve and Yellow Army can still be accessed.

Loads and loads of websites out there using Wordpress. The main problem that I’ve found is when you use plugins for specific functionality, then they sometimes don’t get maintained by the original developers, which is especially a problem when wordpress gets a new version. Paid plugins from bigger software houses are more reliable, but that depends on your budget. There’s plenty of choice though and all the sites I’ve put together have all worked and run fine for years, even if hey need a bit of TLC when a plug-in needs changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    Loads and loads of websites out there using Wordpress. The main problem that I’ve found is when you use plugins for specific functionality, then they sometimes don’t get maintained by the original developers, which is especially a problem when wordpress gets a new version. Paid plugins from bigger software houses are more reliable, but that depends on your budget. There’s plenty of choice though and all the sites I’ve put together have all worked and run fine for years, even if hey need a bit of TLC when a plug-in needs changing.
    Thanks for that warning about plug-ins. I've set up WP on a local host for the time being and am on page 22 of my WordPress for Dummies textbook. (it was next to Dementia for Dummies in the library!)