Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SARRI

International

SARRI

to Juventus.

Obviously been convinced by Rambo.

But I wonder how he'll get on with Christian Ronaldo

Re: SARRI

And Chelsea got £5m out of it too .. pure genius!

Gone to a bigger club after his successful first season in the premier League

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Gone to a bigger club after his successful first season in the premier League
    He must be an awful coach, tactician, manager etc if one of the best teams on this planet wanted him. Juventus obviously don't understand football, maybe their recruitment team were never coached by ex professionals.

I've just put £500 on Juventus failing to win the Champions League

Brilliant news for Ampadu too, he may actually get a game

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I've just put £500 on Juventus failing to win the Champions League

Brilliant news for Ampadu too, he may actually get a game
    With the transfer Embargo Chelsea are under I would have thought the youth and fringe players will certainly play a lot more.

Lampard to Manage aswell. To be honest the amount of players they have on their books and out on loan its about time they actually played some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    With the transfer Embargo Chelsea are under I would have thought the youth and fringe players will certainly play a lot more.

Lampard to Manage aswell. To be honest the amount of players they have on their books and out on loan its about time they actually played some of them.
    I totally agree, and I hope that Lampard gives the youngsters a chance.

I'm not convinced that Ampadu would have played much more under any other manager last season, given the class of player he needed to displace.
    Sarri rated Ampadu and said so on a number of occasions

I'm not convinced that Ampadu would have played much more under any other manager last season, given the class of player he needed to displace.
    Sarri rated Ampadu and said so on a number of occasions
    It's going to get more crowded this season too, with Bakayoko back. Drinkwater won't be able to get moved on either so Lampard will probably have a look at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    It's going to get more crowded this season too, with Bakayoko back. Drinkwater won't be able to get moved on either so Lampard will probably have a look at him.
    Mason Mount too.

At least we know Lampard will play the youngsters if they are good enough. Sarri was adverse to any player below the age of 24.

Why wont Drinkwater be able to be moved on ? They must be allowed to sell players e.g Hazard to Madrid.

Mason Mount too.

At least we know Lampard will play the youngsters if they are good enough. Sarri was adverse to any player below the age of 24.
    That's just not true.
    Lotus cheek got some game time, and he also brought through Hudson odoi who was 17 at the start of the season.
    How many other 17 year olds have played much football for champions League teams in the premier League this season?
    Hudson odoi also had to keep out Willian or Pedro who are both quality players worth 50m +
    I think his handling of Hudson odoi has been pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Why wont Drinkwater be able to be moved on ? They must be allowed to sell players e.g Hazard to Madrid.
    He's on 100k a week. He's played 12 games in 2 years, and was told in August he had no future at Chelsea by Sarri so Ithink he's going to be difficult to shift.

That's just not true.
    Lotus cheek got some game time, and he also brought through Hudson odoi who was 17 at the start of the season.
    How many other 17 year olds have played much football for champions League teams in the premier League this season?
    Hudson odoi also had to keep out Willian or Pedro who are both quality players worth 50m +
    I think his handling of Hudson odoi has been pretty good.
    Sarri said Loftus-Cheek wasn't ready and he still had things to learn. It was only a dip in Chelsea's form and criticism from the fans and the press that put pressure on Sarri to play him. Regarding Hudson-Odoi, he already had one foot out of the door, so Sarri was forced into promising him game-time to prevent his move to Bayern.

Sarri said Loftus-Cheek wasn't ready and he still had things to learn. It was only a dip in Chelsea's form and criticism from the fans and the press that put pressure on Sarri to play him. Regarding Hudson-Odoi, he already had one foot out of the door, so Sarri was forced into promising him game-time to prevent his move to Bayern.
    Or, he's a young player and... had things to learn?

Sarri is a manager at a club like Chelsea. Top managers want young players to kick their door down as the risk of not getting top 4 means they're sacked. Take Robertson and TAA have done at Liverpool. Neither were regulars at the start of last season but became indispensable. RLC was on his way to doing that after taking on board Sarri's points and becoming a key player. He'd probably have started for England last week if he was fit.

Sarri is a manager at a club like Chelsea. Top managers want young players to kick their door down as the risk of not getting top 4 means they're sacked. Take Robertson and TAA have done at Liverpool. Neither were regulars at the start of last season but became indispensable. RLC was on his way to doing that after taking on board Sarri's points and becoming a key player. He'd probably have started for England last week if he was fit.

Absolutely, towards the end of the season rlc was playing more like a complete midfield player, and got the system that Sarri wanted.

Absolutely, towards the end of the season rlc was playing more like a complete midfield player, and got the system that Sarri wanted.
    Are you crediting Sarri with saving his career?

Are you crediting Sarri with saving his career?
    Loftus-Cheek was a better player after Sarri got hold of him. He scored 10 in 40 this season, he scored 4 in 47 in his career before that but please tell me more how Sarri has let down RLC.

Loftus-Cheek was a better player after Sarri got hold of him. He scored 10 in 40 this season, he scored 4 in 47 in his career before that but please tell me more how Sarri has let down RLC.
    The training sessions at Chelsea were so bad that the players were in open revolt.

He played 40 times this season, but Sarri was adverse to any platers under 24

He played 40 times this season, but Sarri was adverse to any platers under 24
    He did say players only mature at 24, maybe he meant 23?

A typical Chelsea training session was Sarri and his fellow chainsmokers standing away from the pitch, and smoking their brains out. How he managed to totally transform RLC's style of play is beyond me. Maybe they had a few no smoking breaks?

A typical Chelsea training session was Sarri and his fellow chainsmokers standing away from the pitch, and smoking their brains out. How he managed to totally transform RLC's style of play is beyond me. Maybe they had a few no smoking breaks?
    Thanks for your input

And Chelsea got £5m out of it too .. pure genius!
    As well as Champions League football next season and a European trophy, a great appointment from Chelsea