+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Incoming?

Incoming?

Not sure if ccfcwelshlad can confirm or deny but one of the boys in work is friendly with a cardiologist who has said he's doing two medicals for new players today?

Re: Incoming?

Would welcome some news concerning new recruits. Any idea who these two are?

No idea sorry buddy. I'm not on the wind-up, it's a genuine comment. As you say, be good to get some new faces in.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    No idea sorry buddy. I'm not on the wind-up, it's a genuine comment. As you say, be good to get some new faces in.
    Odd summer so far, very, very few signings for anyone. Think players must be coming back off their holidays/back from international duty now as things look like they're starting to ramp up.

If true I think it is more likely that we will be surprised or underwhelmed rather than excited. The signings of Cunningham and Bacuna in the past, for example, come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    If true I think it is more likely that we will be surprised or underwhelmed rather than excited. The signings of Cunningham and Bacuna in the past, for example, come to mind.
    As QPR fans said, prepare to be surprised when they come off. NML, Etheridge, Bamba, Paterson, Damour, even players like Halford have come off for Warnock while not getting fans too excited. It's his big money ones that have been a bit wayward.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    As QPR fans said, prepare to be surprised when they come off. NML, Etheridge, Bamba, Paterson, Damour, even players like Halford have come off for Warnock while not getting fans too excited. It's his big money ones that have been a bit wayward.
    Agreed, surprising or underwhelming does not necessarily mean failure. Of the 5 you mention 4 were free so the risk was minimised. Cunningham was surprising as he was bought for a decent fee in a position on the left where we had a good player and everybody thought we needed an upgrade at right back. I don’t think anyone saw the Bacuna move coming. He was also signed for a decent fee which the Reading fans seemed to be delighted about as being extremely good business. This season will tell if he was a good buy or not. Perhaps I should have added “mystifying” as a category for NW’s signings.

Paul Abbandonnato (not sure if that spelling is right) had a story published yesterday which carried quotes from Mehmet Dalman and Ken Choo and he later tweeted that two or three deals were all but done. When asked how long it would be before they were confirmed, he said he didn't know, but mentioned early July as a possibility - he didn't have names for these players, but predicted that one was Will Vaulks.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Agreed, surprising or underwhelming does not necessarily mean failure. Of the 5 you mention 4 were free so the risk was minimised. Cunningham was surprising as he was bought for a decent fee in a position on the left where we had a good player and everybody thought we needed an upgrade at right back. I don’t think anyone saw the Bacuna move coming. He was also signed for a decent fee which the Reading fans seemed to be delighted about as being extremely good business. This season will tell if he was a good buy or not. Perhaps I should have added “mystifying” as a category for NW’s signings.
    We only had one left back though, we needed to sign someone. Bacuna was a panic buy but we did need someone there.

Paul Abbandonato has put on twitter he's heard about two signings and expects Vaulks to sign as well as the other two.

Isn’t Mehmut supposed to have suggested early July?

Some leagues (eg La Liga 2) are still going, at least with play-offs.

When I saw this post I thought it was inked to the Iranian situation, and we had real "incoming" moments to worry about

I wonder if its Vaulks and Joe Day.

My son works in Newport and the rumours are rife there that Day is signing for us. With County having signed a keeper from Millwall, it doesn't look as if Day is staying.

Paul Abbandonato's latest on transfers.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...plans-16428920

Uses a lot of words to say very little - although suggests Day and Vaulks may be on their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    My son works in Newport and the rumours are rife there that Day is signing for us. With County having signed a keeper from Millwall, it doesn't look as if Day is staying.
    Day is definitely off and wants to stay local. Bristol Rovers linked and he'd be number 1 there. He'd have a battle on his hands to make a matchday squad with us at present. Who knows!

I don't like the last line of that article much.. "But the plan is to bring in the newcomers to supplement the stars already there, not to replace them."

We should be looking to sign players who are better than what we've got. Also, who are these "stars" that we apparently have on our books?

Warnock has said that 2 players that he hopes to sign are going to go straight in the team

We only had one left back though, we needed to sign someone. Bacuna was a panic buy but we did need someone there.

Paul Abbandonato has put on twitter he's heard about two signings and expects Vaulks to sign as well as the other two.
    It was the length of contract Bacuna got that did for me? 4.5 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I don't like the last line of that article much.. "But the plan is to bring in the newcomers to supplement the stars already there, not to replace them."

We should be looking to sign players who are better than what we've got. Also, who are these "stars" that we apparently have on our books?
    Etheridge, Bamba, Manga, Morrison, Reid, Murphy, Hoilett, NML, Paterson etc. Or, to put it another way, a better squad than the one that got us up.

I swear some people are just negative for the sake of it.

I can't see us signing Joe Day unless one of Etheridge or Smithies is leaving.

Theres stuff already done and in place I believe. 1 name not been mentioned elsewhere I dont think. Vaulks and Day wouldnt shock me either.

New puppy today so not really spoken to anyone to find anything else out!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I can't see us signing Joe Day unless one of Etheridge or Smithies is leaving.
    Smithies has gone to Birmingham

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Smithies has gone to Birmingham
    Has he ? Don't think so yet.

Etheridge, Bamba, Manga, Morrison, Reid, Murphy, Hoilett, NML, Paterson etc. Or, to put it another way, a better squad than the one that got us up.

I swear some people are just negative for the sake of it.
    Totally agree. Its the usual suspects as well. Just cant help themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Totally agree. Its the usual suspects as well. Just cant help themselves.
    I know , crazy , I did someone sign for something in the club shop ,could have been a boxed small winger .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I know , crazy , I did someone sign for something in the club shop ,could have been a boxed small winger .