+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Incoming?

Re: Incoming?

W
    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I know , crazy , I did someone sign for something in the club shop ,could have been a boxed small winger .
    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Looks like someone’s started on the sauce early

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    As QPR fans said, prepare to be surprised when they come off. NML, Etheridge, Bamba, Paterson, Damour, even players like Halford have come off for Warnock while not getting fans too excited. It's his big money ones that have been a bit wayward.
    I think Reid and Murphy will price to be good. Christ maybe even madine is Sheffield Utd take him off us, that just leaves fat boy from the wurzels.....he could do a job for us yet this season....

WTF is happening to this thread. Looks like a bad batch of drugs has hit half of the posters 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    WTF is happening to this thread. Looks like a bad batch of drugs has hit half of the posters 😂
    I’ve been in touch with Bletchley Park 🤪

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Totally agree. Its the usual suspects as well. Just cant help themselves.
    Yeah, right

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’ve been in touch with Bletchley Park 🤪
    😂😂😂

I think there will be 2 first team standard midfielders coming in, but the rest just squad players unless players are sold.

Given that what profit we made last season probably only just covered what we lost the season before and that the parachute payments will mainly just be going to cover what will still be a substantial wage bill I don’t think we’ve got a huge war chest.

We still have a very good squad though.

I think there will be 2 first team standard midfielders coming in, but the rest just squad players unless players are sold.

Given that what profit we made last season probably only just covered what we lost the season before and that the parachute payments will mainly just be going to cover what will still be a substantial wage bill I don’t think we’ve got a huge war chest.

The middle sentence is spot on.

As for the last , that's what we thought last time. And there is very little difference between a good and bad side in this league

I'd say a first-team striker coming in too. You'd like to think so, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    The middle sentence is spot on.

As for the last , that's what we thought last time. And there is very little difference between a good and bad side in this league
    You’re right in their being little difference. Don’t think we’ll get relegated but could finish anywhere from 1st to 18th

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I can't see us signing Joe Day unless one of Etheridge or Smithies is leaving.
    I think we might be cashing in on Etheridge. It's probably the smart move at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Etheridge, Bamba, Manga, Morrison, Reid, Murphy, Hoilett, NML, Paterson etc. Or, to put it another way, a better squad than the one that got us up.

I swear some people are just negative for the sake of it.
    Better squad ? We have got solid options in most areas (as your 9 man list suggests) but midfield and up front needs more than bolstering. We are very short on similar quality in those positions. We still haven’t sorted out a feckin right back ffs.....and don’t say Panic-buy Bacuna because he is not good enough.

We need some decent signings unless our plan is to finish mid-table.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Better squad ? We have got solid options in most areas (as your 9 man list suggests) but midfield and up front needs more than bolstering. We are very short on similar quality in those positions. We still haven’t sorted out a feckin right back ffs.....and don’t say Panic-buy Bacuna because he is not good enough.

We need some decent signings unless our plan is to finish mid-table.
    Our squad is basically the same as it was two years ago (when we got 91 points and finished second) with the addition of Murphy, Reid, Cunningham, Bacuna. So yes, it is obviously better. Gunnarsson has gone but he missed half of the last Championship season anyway with injury. We will be further strengthening in the next few weeks as well. Your glass is obviously three quarters empty most of the time.

No striker though, unless you remain part of the deluded group that believe Zohar will come good.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    No striker though, unless you remain part of the deluded group that believe Zohar will come good.
    I’m firmly in that group.

Still accepting membership to the Andreas Cornelius group if anyone’s interested..

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post

Still accepting membership to the Andreas Cornelius group if anyone’s interested..
    Fully paid up member here

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post

I would like to join the Zohore group (not totally confident, but I saw enough at the end of the season to believe he will probably get close to the levels he showed during his very brief pomp), but Cornelius..... no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I would like to join the Zohore group (not totally confident, but I saw enough at the end of the season to believe he will probably get close to the levels he showed during his very brief pomp), but Cornelius..... no thanks.
    I’d love to see a top striker come in, but I’m not confident we will see one.

Deluded I probably am, but I rate Zohore highly and we also have Ward who can do a job, Reid and Bogle atm.

Paterson also played half the Premier League season up there, so I don’t think we are desperate

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Our squad is basically the same as it was two years ago (when we got 91 points and finished second) with the addition of Murphy, Reid, Cunningham, Bacuna. So yes, it is obviously better. Gunnarsson has gone but he missed half of the last Championship season anyway with injury. We will be further strengthening in the next few weeks as well. Your glass is obviously three quarters empty most of the time.

2017-18

Midfield = Grujic, Gunnarsson, Feeney , Bryson, Damour, Harris.

Maybe we’ll be ok up front but we could really do with someone considering Zahore’s form.

Like I said, Bacuna is shit.

Your glass is full of cack.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    2017-18

Midfield = Grujic, Gunnarsson, Feeney , Bryson, Damour, Harris.

Maybe we’ll be ok up front but we could really do with someone considering Zahore’s form.

Like I said, Bacuna is shit.

Your glass is full of cack.
    Was that really our midfield? Crikey.....bang average

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Was that really our midfield? Crikey.....bang average
    Conveniently missing Ralls Hoilett and NML. The best of the lot that season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Conveniently missing Ralls Hoilett and NML. The best of the lot that season.
    3 starters.. need to add Paterson and Murphy ( who was a massive hit last time at this level), Reid ( who can play no 10) and Damour who’s still here.

As for ‘ Bacuna is shit’, he had a poor game v Palace but in his appearances away from home Man U and IIRC , Brighton & Southampton he looked a decent player - and we won all 3.

Even then too few appearances to judge him on and I remember him being decent for Reading against us.

Wouldn’t say Bryson was better than him.

Then you have Grujic who didn’t play a lot and was inconsistent and Gunnar who wasalso injured half the season and was mediocre at best. Peltier had a couple of runs in there due to the injury- proneness of 3-4 on Wrighty’s list.

If we don’t get anyone in the yes in centre mid we are weaker ( and short)

There will probably be 2 more Centre mids coming in, but out wide and in the no 10 position we are stronger now.
    I’ve also got high hopes for Sion Spence from our youth.

Depending on who the 2 we bring inare we could be stronger there.

Let’s not forget Tomlin, who won us a few points season before last even with his limited appearances

Can’t see him being involved next year unless he’s served his sentence and can move to South Wales and knuckle down to proper training etc..

Even then it’s probably a choice between him and Reid and Reid gets my vote

If then team Is going to challenge we’ll need a couple of players up to the standard if Arter in central midfield. Ralls is ok but nothing out of this world. To suggest we can go with the squad pretty much as it is is silly imo.

We could probably do with a proven striker as well.

Bacuna is not SHIT shit and maybe with Peltier as cover we’ll be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Theres stuff already done and in place I believe. 1 name not been mentioned elsewhere I dont think. Vaulks and Day wouldnt shock me either.

New puppy today so not really spoken to anyone to find anything else out!
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...underland.html

Heres the name not seen mentioned elsewhere. Done and dusted.