+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Incoming?

Re: Incoming?

I often mention that QPR fan who told us we could expect underwhelming signings from Neil Warnock that end up working, well, the first bit of that certainly applies to the three names which have been identified as our most likely signings, wonder if the second bit will?

They all correspond to the Cardiff City view that you are still classed as a young player at twenty six I suppose.

I used to sign Curtis Nelson for my Football Manager City team about eight years ago.

I guess he’s being looked at as cover for what we’ve got. Can’t see him troubling the 3 we used last season, but you never know

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I guess he’s being looked at as cover for what we’ve got. Can’t see him troubling the 3 we used last season, but you never know
    Bamba will be out for a couple of the early months so we needed something.

Looks like he’s been captain for a while - at a young age and also had the armband at times at Plymouth. So unsurprisingly another leader !

Suffered s not from injuries and maybe that’s why he’s only played in the lower leagues.

England under 18, so must have something.

Just hope this doesn’t mean Morrison or Manga are going.. or that there’s bad news on Sol’s injury

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Looks like he’s been captain for a while - at a young age and also had the armband at times at Plymouth. So unsurprisingly another leader !

Suffered s not from injuries and maybe that’s why he’s only played in the lower leagues.

England under 18, so must have something.

Just hope this doesn’t mean Morrison or Manga are going.. or that there’s bad news on Sol’s injury
    One of my best mates is an Oxford fan, he said:
    He's class. He's very good, and knew he'd go Champ but not sure if he's good enough for promotion chasing...
    He's twice the player of Dunkley (at Wigan) who's done really well there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    One of my best mates is an Oxford fan, he said:
    He's class. He's very good, and knew he'd go Champ but not sure if he's good enough for promotion chasing...
    He's twice the player of Dunkley (at Wigan) who's done really well there.
    Sounds good.

Also just re-read my post and ‘s not’ should have read ‘a lot’

Bloody autocorrect is shite

Lewis Holtby ,whoever he is, being mentioned

Ex Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I often mention that QPR fan who told us we could expect underwhelming signings from Neil Warnock that end up working, well, the first bit of that certainly applies to the three names which have been identified as our most likely signings, wonder if the second bit will?

They all correspond to the Cardiff City view that you are still classed as a young player at twenty six I suppose.

I used to sign Curtis Nelson for my Football Manager City team about eight years ago.
    What has he got that Tom Lockyer doesn't have? There is one inch difference in height but Lockyer is younger, has more games at league one standard which happened in two years compared to three and has, at least, equal leadership qualities.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    What has he got that Tom Lockyer doesn't have? There is one inch difference in height but Lockyer is younger, has more games at league one standard which happened in two years compared to three and has, at least, equal leadership qualities.
    Lockyer has been released by City in the past as not being good enough for Championship football and now Bristol Rovers have released him, presumably because they don't think he is good enough for League one. That says it all for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Lockyer has been released by City in the past as not being good enough for Championship football and now Bristol Rovers have released him, presumably because they don't think he is good enough for League one. That says it all for me.
    Eh? So a player released when he was 16 years old can't improve and come back a better player? Also, Bristol Rovers have only "released" him as he opted to run down his contract to try his luck at a higher level. Reports say that four Championship teams are keen on him. I've only seen him play for Wales but from what I saw, I was quite impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    My understanding is that he didn't sign a new contact at Bristol Rovers because he was looking to take a step up and, based on the qualities he's shown over several years, is being allowed to do so with a good amount of support. He was released by City 8 years ago as a 16 year old so a lot has changed in that time.

Some fantastic Zohore spellings in this thread if nothing else 👍👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    My understanding is that he didn't sign a new contact at Bristol Rovers because he was looking to take a step up and, based on the qualities he's shown over several years, is being allowed to do so with a good amount of support. He was released by City 8 years ago as a 16 year old so a lot has changed in that time.
    Yes, you're correct. Lockyer has left because he wants to play for Wales which will be very tough in L1.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Sunderland report we have beaten them to sign Curtis Nelson Oxford united captain central defender

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/pla...o-cardiff-city

He was released as a 16-year old by Stoke City. He can't be any good

To partially answer my own question regarding Lockyer, I imagine that it could have been any number of things separating the two players and that it could potentially be decision that the player has made (not wanting to start off as a third or fourth choice) as much as the team. Perhaps we should instead be giving credit to Warnock for picking up another bargain and what appears to be a ball-playing CB as his first signing of a summer - who in the premier league pundits room would have predicted that? Is this the long term replacement for Bamba?