+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boris tells Ch4 to Four OFF

Boris tells Ch4 to Four OFF

Boris Johnson refuses to take part in Channel 4 Tory leadership debate

https://www.channel4.com/news/boris-...dership-debate

Re: Boris tells Ch4 to Four OFF

Well done Boris it's not as if others ( all parties) haven't refused or been selective on particular TV debates channels .

BBC is the calmer intelligent option with the lively eye rolling Emily Maitlis in charge , she's not likely to take any prisoners.

The empty chair will make fewer gaffes and racist insults.

Won't stop him being in the last two selected by Tory MPs, and unlikely to influence the 120,000 aged members who will select our next Prime Minister for us.

The main strategy of Johnson's campaign strategists seems to be to put a gag in his gob.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The empty chair will make fewer gaffes and racist insults.

Won't stop him being in the last two selected by Tory MPs, and unlikely to influence the 120,000 aged members who will select our next Prime Minister for us.

The main strategy of Johnson's campaign strategists seems to be to put a gag in his gob.
    Indeed, I can think of a few parties, who would like to gag thier leader.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Well done Boris it's not as if others ( all parties) haven't refused or been selective on particular TV debates channels .

BBC is the calmer intelligent option with the lively eye rolling Emily Maitlis in charge , she's not likely to take any prisoners.
    Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson isn't participating because his team thinks it puts him at an advantage or negates the disadvantage of attending. An example of him putting his career before the wider public, if another one is really needed.

It's all senseless posturing, and carefully choreographed events anyway come the BBC debate it will be reduced even further and he knows that.

Do like Rory though seems a likale chap who has less ego than the rest .

In recent years I've often said that nothing surprises me in politics any more, but I was wrong to do so. The fact that it is looking like Boris Johnson is going to be our next Prime Minister (the third one out of the last four who has never properly won a General Election) leaves me totally baffled. I have purposely never fallen into the "everyone who voted for Brexit is an idiot" camp because it is just not true, but if Johnson ends up becoming Prime Minister and enjoys any sort of electoral success then I can only say that there are an awful lot of very thick people in modern day Britain - the what's in it for me party are on the brink of electing the biggest what's in it for me UK politician of them all as their leader, let's just hope they both get all that they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    In recent years I've often said that nothing surprises me in politics any more, but I was wrong to do so. The fact that it is looking like Boris Johnson is going to be our next Prime Minister (the third one out of the last four who has never properly won a General Election) leaves me totally baffled. I have purposely never fallen into the "everyone who voted for Brexit is an idiot" camp because it is just not true, but if Johnson ends up becoming Prime Minister and enjoys any sort of electoral success then I can only say that there are an awful lot of very thick people in modern day Britain - the what's in it for me party are on the brink of electing the biggest what's in it for me UK politician of them all as their leader, let's just hope they both get all that they deserve.
    Don’t understand your train of thought Bob
    It’s his colleagues voting him in. Not the public.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Don’t understand your train of thought Bob
    It’s his colleagues voting him in. Not the public.
    That's why I said enjoys any electoral success.

That's why I said enjoys any electoral success.
    The Conservatives have never been voted in up in Scotland, and there are many cities in England that hardly ever vote them in, but as you and I both know, the voting system in the UK is distorted. So even if he does get chosen as leader, and wins a general election, the blame will fall at the feet of a minority., and not “ an awful lot of very thick people in modern day Britain”.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    The Conservatives have never been voted in up in Scotland, and there are many cities in England that hardly ever vote them in, but as you and I both know, the voting system in the UK is distorted. So even if he does get chosen as leader, and wins a general election, the blame will fall at the feet of a minority., and not “ an awful lot of very thick people in modern day Britain”.
    Why can't a minority of the population big enough to ensure an election victory not include an awful lot of very thick people?

Why can't a minority of the population big enough to ensure an election victory not include an awful lot of very thick people?
    You may have a point 😁

Even when you do get a majority vote (aka Brexit ) it seems democracy just stands still, or
    Is blocked.

Even when you do get a majority vote (aka Brexit ) it seems democracy just stands still, or
    Is blocked.
    Blame the Tory ERG for not backing their PM for the reason why Brexit has been blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Blame the Tory ERG for not backing their PM for the reason why Brexit has been blocked.
    And the opposition parties who have voted with the ERG, for the same personal gain.

And the opposition parties who have voted with the ERG, for the same personal gain.
    Or maybe because it was a 'shit deal' and would inflict serious damage on the economy and the people of the UK? Just a thought.

What personal gain is that?

I was waiting for your daily blame the opposition it’s all their fault line.

There we have it 😂😂

Why should the opposition back a crap deal? This crisis is all down to the Tories and their pathetic obsession with Europe

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Why should the opposition back a crap deal? This crisis is all down to the Tories and their pathetic obsession with Europe
    Life on Mars or 'life on mars' hasn't made one post in the last 12 months that has made any sense whatsoever.

There needs to be a bot on here to translate what he's saying as I haven't had a clue whether he's a troll, an amazing satirist or a complete idiot. It's impressive... in a way.

"The Conservative and Unionist Party" - barking mad.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...otland-ireland

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Or maybe because it was a 'shit deal' and would inflict serious damage on the economy and the people of the UK? Just a thought.
    whats the answer then with a divided country and Parliament without resorting to political allegiance ,it wasn't the end deal it was withdrawal deal to lead to an exit

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    whats the answer then

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    What personal gain is that?
    GE