+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: All not well in the Wales camp?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: All not well in the Wales camp?

I think we’ve been blessed with young talent and the coaching guys literally don’t know where to play them and what system to adapt just yet. So many youngsters coming through. It’ll take time and Giggs has been the one who’s introduced many of them. 2/3 years we’ll be in the top ten of world football!!

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    I think we’ve been blessed with young talent and the coaching guys literally don’t know where to play them and what system to adapt just yet. So many youngsters coming through. It’ll take time and Giggs has been the one who’s introduced many of them. 2/3 years we’ll be in the top ten of world football!!
    That’s very optimistic. How many youngsters are that good? Brooks. Ampadu and James look good enough. I’m not convinced by any of the other youngsters. Besides in 2/3 years time Bale will coming to the end of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    That’s very optimistic. How many youngsters are that good? Brooks. Ampadu and James look good enough. I’m not convinced by any of the other youngsters. Besides in 2/3 years time Bale will coming to the end of his career.
    Ben Woodburn is the dark horse for me. I was expecting big things from this lad. He's been with the Liverpool first team since he was recalled from Sheff Utd, so he is still in their plans. It will be interesting to see what happens next, but he could be a source of goals if he gets his act together.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Ben Woodburn is the dark horse for me. I was expecting big things from this lad. He's been with the Liverpool first team since he was recalled from Sheff Utd, so he is still in their plans. It will be interesting to see what happens next, but he could be a source of goals if he gets his act together.
    Yes agreed but he needs to leave Liverpool. Klopp got rid of Allen and Ward with Wilson the next in line to depart. Woodburn needs a move to a Championship club and play regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yes agreed but he needs to leave Liverpool. Klopp got rid of Allen and Ward with Wilson the next in line to depart. Woodburn needs a move to a Championship club and play regularly.
    I suspect he was called back because of a lack of first team opportunities as well, not necessarily an endorsement of his talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I suspect he was called back because of a lack of first team opportunities as well, not necessarily an endorsement of his talent.
    That was the exact reason why he was recalled, Sheff Utd had a winning team which limited his opportunities. But his progress does seem to have stalled, after he was so far ahead of the curve. That's why I say he is the dark horse.