Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Curtis Nelson anyone?

  1. #1

    Curtis Nelson anyone?

    Have just seen a report stating that Cardiff City fc has done a deal for Oxford defender Curtis Nelson.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...underland.html

  2. #2

    Re: Curtis Nelson anyone?

    I've never heard of him to be honest, but there'll be people on here who say they have followed his career from the start.

    Is he a replacement for Bruno though?...

  3. #3

    Re: Curtis Nelson anyone?

    There was a confirmation from Welshlad earlier this morning.

    http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...Incoming/page2

  4. #4

    Re: Curtis Nelson anyone?

    Looking at his wikipedia page seems like he might be prone to injury. He hasn't played a 40 game season in three years.

  5. #5

    Re: Curtis Nelson anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Looking at his wikipedia page seems like he might be prone to injury. He hasn't played a 40 game season in three years.
    It's a bit out of date, he played 55 games this season. Posted on Incoming but one of my best mates is an Oxford fan, he said:
    He's class. He's very good, and knew he'd go Champ but not sure if he's good enough for promotion chasing...
    He's twice the player of Dunkley (at Wigan) who's done really well there.

  6. #6

    Re: Curtis Nelson anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    It's a bit out of date, he played 55 games this season. Posted on Incoming but one of my best mates is an Oxford fan, he said:
    He's class. He's very good, and knew he'd go Champ but not sure if he's good enough for promotion chasing...
    He's twice the player of Dunkley (at Wigan) who's done really well there.
    Fans know best , nice to get a potentially good (young ) talent in.

  7. #7

    Re: Curtis Nelson anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Fans know best , nice to get a potentially good (young ) talent in.
    Twenty six isn't young, it's only young at a club where players win Young Player of the Year awards in their mid twenties.

  8. #8

    Re: Curtis Nelson anyone?

    A positive thread about Nelson here from an Oxford United board;-

    https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/curtis-nelson.2148/

  9. #9

    Re: Curtis Nelson anyone?

    Why do we need another centre back?

  10. #10

    Re: Curtis Nelson anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Why do we need another centre back?
    There's a rumour that Bruno is in talks elsewhere. Additionally, my own thoughts tell me that Bamba is too old to go through a whole season in the Championship and/or current injury could hinder his fitness levels.

  11. #11

    Re: Curtis Nelson anyone?

    Probably signals the end for Connolly.

    Remember him ?

  12. #12

    Re: Curtis Nelson anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Probably signals the end for Connolly.

    Remember him ?
    He wasn't even in the 25, which seems odd considering we blocked his move to Hull.

  13. #13

    Re: Curtis Nelson anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Why do we need another centre back?
    I should imagine Bruno is on his way out. Shame. He's a good player. To me, aside from Etheridge, he looked most comfortable in the EPL.

  14. #14

    Re: Curtis Nelson anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Why do we need another centre back?
    Manga may go .
    Bamba is getting old
    Morrison could go .
    Connolly is surely moving on .
    Pelts is just a stand in .
    We have no youth in that department.

  15. #15

    Re: Curtis Nelson anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He wasn't even in the 25, which seems odd considering we blocked his move to Hull.
    He got injured IIRC, remember seeing him on crutches not long after the transfer window closed and explained why that deal with Hull didn't happen.

  16. #16

    Re: Curtis Nelson anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by DinasBluebird View Post
    He got injured IIRC, remember seeing him on crutches not long after the transfer window closed and explained why that deal with Hull didn't happen.
    We stopped Connolly's move to Hull after Morrison was rushed to hospital. I think that he might have already had the medical when we called him back.

  17. #17

    Re: Curtis Nelson anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We stopped Connolly's move to Hull after Morrison was rushed to hospital. I think that he might have already had the medical when we called him back.
    Connolly's played 6 games in 2 seasons, so I think it's safe to say he's not really in Warnock's plans but I imagine he likes having him round the place. I still can't believe he gave him a 2 year extension last summer.

  18. #18

    Re: Curtis Nelson anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Connolly's played 6 games in 2 seasons, so I think it's safe to say he's not really in Warnock's plans but I imagine he likes having him round the place. I still can't believe he gave him a 2 year extension last summer.
    I was surprised when they let semi ajayi go, as I thought he had potential,

  19. #19

    Re: Curtis Nelson anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I was surprised when they let semi ajayi go, as I thought he had potential,
    He was never going to get a game at us, we've always had 3/4 good centre backs. Good luck to him but I've seen him look extremely ropey at times for Rotherham.

  20. #20

    Re: Curtis Nelson anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He was never going to get a game at us, we've always had 3/4 good centre backs. Good luck to him but I've seen him look extremely ropey at times for Rotherham.
    Seems like he's lacked consistency there, because at times he's been praised to the skies when I've looked on a Rotherham message board

  21. #21

    Re: Curtis Nelson anyone?

    Why do we need another centre-back?

    Because Mr.Warnock is going to follow my advice and convert Sean to a striker. Thereby avoiding having to pay big money for another Gary Madine.

  22. #22

    Re: Curtis Nelson anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    Why do we need another centre-back?

    Because Mr.Warnock is going to follow my advice and convert Sean to a striker. Thereby avoiding having to pay big money for another Gary Madine.
    That’s the first signs of madness you know, answering yourself

  23. #23

    Re: Curtis Nelson anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    That’s the first signs of madness you know, answering yourself
    And Morrison as a striker might well be the second one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •