+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: USA

USA

How come the ladies from across the pond are so good at football oops I mean soccer.

Re: USA

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    How come the ladies from across the pond are so good at football oops I mean soccer.
    They got the balls to play attacking football

They’ve been playing pro for decades - rest of the ladies world catching up.

They also start playing when they're about 5 years old. And it's taken seriously throughout school and college.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    They’ve been playing pro for decades - rest of the ladies world catching up.
    OK seems strange that the men are catching up with the rest of the world but it's the other way around with the lasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    OK seems strange that the men are catching up with the rest of the world but it's the other way around with the lasses.
    "soccer" has had to compete with the traditional Yankee games for men - it was always the poor relation in men's sport.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    "soccer" has had to compete with the traditional Yankee games for men - it was always the poor relation in men's sport.
    I see what you are saying here. No doubt ladies play American football and baseball but I would think soccer would be a better option.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Soccer moms

Seen the film

Twice!!