+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lee Tomlin

Lee Tomlin

Looking very fit and he is on holiday!

https://www.toopics.com/leetomlin10

Re: Lee Tomlin

Hopefully, someone will take him off our hands on a permanent basis then, but I fear we are stuck with him until the end of his contract.

Was listening to an early athletico mince podcast , which probably stemmed from when he was at Middlesbrough, and he was described as the footballer who looks like he should have been a bus driver or something along those lines.

Got us some vital points in the championship before Xmas. All started to go wrong around the time of the court case. I remember a match before Xmas and he didn’t even warm up. Always looked like we would get a goal when he came on. Just not suited to warlocks style of play. I’m amazed we signed him.

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Got us some vital points in the championship before Xmas. All started to go wrong around the time of the court case. I remember a match before Xmas and he didn’t even warm up. Always looked like we would get a goal when he came on. Just not suited to warlocks style of play. I’m amazed we signed him.
    My best memory (other than the feeling of promotion) in the 17/18 season was that Reading 2-2 game where Tomlin got that 90th minute volley off. Brilliant.

......not forgetting the drag-back that led to Bogle's goal in the 3-1 win over Norwich

its such a pity we can't get him on board as natural talent /skill ,which he has is so rare today , its seems to come with attitude though , unless you a real professional like CR7 , Messi , Zlatan

He does look like he's shed a few pounds

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    He does look like he's shed a few pounds
    He looked like that last season, and then he didn't get a look in. Stranger things have happened but I can't imagine him having any part to play, and I don't think he'll want to be here either.

He looks good. I'm hoping we can get something out of him this season. Great player on his day.