+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Will Vaulks

Will Vaulks

Done deal, according to same journo who reported Curtis Nelson

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...er-Vaulks.html

Re: Will Vaulks

"However, sources close to the club have stated that they are not expecting any new signings to be announced imminently."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...erham-16440478

City's squad has returned for pre season training late in June in Neil Warnock's previous two seasons here (maybe Monday 1/7 this time?), I would expect confirmation of Vaulks and Nelson by then because I think they are the most realistic names we've heard so far, along with Joe Day.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    "However, sources close to the club have stated that they are not expecting any new signings to be announced imminently."

City's squad has returned for pre season training late in June in Neil Warnock's previous two seasons here (maybe Monday 1/7 this time?), I would expect confirmation of Vaulks and Nelson by then because I think they are the most realistic names we've heard so far, along with Joe Day.
    We signed Etheridge, NML, Camp, Paterson and Ward before preseason began, and Tomlin and Damour were in before the middle of July. Las t season we signed Reid, Murphy, Cunningham and Smithies before pre season so I'd fully expect us to sign at least these two before preseason.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Any thoughts about Curtis Nelson ?

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    He sounds decent. And a leader. We'll have to see if he can make the step up.

I put a link to an Oxford board which had almost universal positive opinions of him on here yesterday - the last two Bosmans we got from League One were excellent signings and, like Mendez-Laing, Nelson was rated as quite a big prospect as a teenager. I think it could be a good signing for us, but I don't see any out of Nelson, Vaulks and Day shifting many season tickets for us.

I put a link to an Oxford board which had almost universal positive opinions of him on here yesterday - the last two Bosmans we got from League One were excellent signings and, like Mendez-Laing, Nelson was rated as quite a big prospect as a teenager. I think it could be a good signing for us, but I don't see any out of Nelson, Vaulks and Day shifting many season tickets for us.
    They're not making much of a dent in the rumoured 10-15m transfer budget either. I wonder if they've got someone up their sleeve?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They're not making much of a dent in the rumoured 10-15m transfer budget either. I wonder if they've got someone up their sleeve?
    Surely the bulk of that money will be for a striker.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Tbh although it’s frustrating for us fans I understand why any players we might be signing are kept under tight wraps by the club.
    I think the closest we got to any scoops last year was when prospective signings were doing their medicals at Spire (I think)

Tbh although it’s frustrating for us fans I understand why any players we might be signing are kept under tight wraps by the club.
    I think the closest we got to any scoops last year was when prospective signings were doing their medicals at Spire (I think)
    It's good. Reid, Murphy and Smithies all came out of nowhere. The club obviously have agents they trust. I think there will be some movement soon, and we'll get a few players in.

The two mentioned Vaulks and Nelson fit the bill for me ,fishing in the right pool in my opinion ,young energy , skillful , potential ,what could, go wrong

To my mind all that says is that we are
    not announcing any signings we may already have signed a few

Quote Originally Posted by NottinghamBlue View Post
    Surely the bulk of that money will be for a striker.
    With Zohore, Madine, Reid, Ward, you could argue we don't need a striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    A lot of huff & puff amongst that lot, without any of them being able to blow down the house...

(except for Reid)

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Need a game changer,fox in the box , free kick taker ,deft touch,the ones above are support strikers in my view .

The only one of above is Ken , perhaps if he hits the ground running early doors , we can sell him January for good money as I dont hink he can cut it for a season

I dont get why theres a rumoured 15m budget.

Cant see us spending anywhere near that unless there are big money departures.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I dont get why theres a rumoured 15m budget.

Cant see us spending anywhere near that unless there are big money departures.
    Where did you get the 15m budget quote from?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    More or less since relegation ive seen talk.of a budget of around 15m on messageboards. Theres even a mention of a rumoured 10 to 15m on this thread.

I dont think we will come close to spending that and dont believe Warnock has those sort of funds.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Need a game changer,fox in the box , free kick taker ,deft touch,the ones above are support strikers in my view .

The only one of above is Ken , perhaps if he hits the ground running early doors , we can sell him January for good money as I dont hink he can cut it for a season
    Doesn't every team except Citeh and Liverpool?

International

So no one actually knows what the budget for next season is then?
    I often question people who quote these figures on here and usually get the impression the person who said it thinks I'm being awkward for asking, and this one is just the same.
    It's like if people say something often enough it will make it true but no one actually knows.
    maybe the real budget is only what ever we can sell the players we have for, or maybe its 15 million plus what we can sell players for, then again it may be none of the above.
    I don't believe there is a fixed budget decided before they begin. They look at players decide their worth and try to buy them for that. If they think a players is worth X they will bid up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    So no one actually knows what the budget for next season is then?
    I often question people who quote these figures on here and usually get the impression the person who said it thinks I'm being awkward for asking, and this one is just the same.
    It's like if people say something often enough it will make it true but no one actually knows.
    maybe the real budget is only what ever we can sell the players we have for, or maybe its 15 million plus what we can sell players for, then again it may be none of the above.
    I don't believe there is a fixed budget decided before they begin. They look at players decide their worth and try to buy them for that. If they think a players is worth X they will bid up to it.
    100% this. If Messi was offered to Vinnie for £20m he'd take it.

I imagine they have an idea of what they want to spend but if the right player comes up at the right price with the opportunity to shift him on next season for a big profit they'd take it.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ummit-16275633

Article here.

https://twitter.com/Gids1980/status/1140935729989791744

BBC Sheffield saying it's a done deal. £2.1m up front, rising to £3.5m. Sheff Wed (amongst others) interested too.

The lad has a shot and strangely for City shoots and scores from outside the box , hopefully we can iron out that behaviour. 😁