+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Charlton in crisis

Charlton in crisis

Statement regarding Lee Bowyer rejecting their new contract terms.. all I can say is wow, talk about throwing him under the bus!!

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d0...ract-extension

Re: Charlton in crisis

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    Statement regarding Lee Bowyer rejecting their new contract terms.. all I can say is wow, talk about throwing him under the bus!!

Wow

Mehmet Dalman stay away ,you have been warned

What a strange thing to write. Sounds like the sort of thing a fan would post.

Where does it fit into this fan/owner's report on football finances? https://twitter.com/AndyhHolt/status...73633496608768

Arguably, Charlton are doing the right thing in trying to secure their future and have made a difficult decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post

That seems to be the "written statement" equivalent of standing him before a firing squad!

The tone suggests to me that it might have been written by someone to whom English is not their first language, which is why it comes across as blunt.
    Still - it doesn’t look like there is any way back after that.

Probably because dalman wants Warnock in charge

Eddie Mays lad is desperate for Dalman to go there and take our Neil with him - right nutter Paul was!

There is no chance Neil going there - however I'm not so sure about Dalman - a marketable London club in the state it is a decent investment at a cheap price if he could pass it on quickly

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    The tone suggests to me that it might have been written by someone to whom English is not their first language, which is why it comes across as blunt.
    Still - it doesn’t look like there is any way back after that.
    Agreed
    However it seems a perfectly reasonable statement. The club is up for sale and signing a long term contract, an expensive contract or both would be ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I was not expecting that...

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    As it'll scroll down the page soon:

BOWYER: WIFE TOLD ME I WAS OFF!

Lee Bowyer has been speaking to Sky Sports News about signing his new deal with Charlton less than a day after the club released a statement suggesting he may be on the verge of leaving the club at the end of his old deal, which expired at the end of this month.

He said: "As everyone knows at Charlton nothing is straightforward. Thankfully though I'm deflighted to say we've reached an agreement and I'll be there next season.

"For me, it wasn't close. The statement went out yesterday and I wasn't really aware of it, I'm out in France and it's only when I spoke to my wife she said apparently you're gone. But I spoke to the owner, and I had a normal conversation with him. It was civilised and we just negotiated. It was only when I came off the phone I heard the statement had gone out.

"Last night it was sorted out, maybe two or three hours after I'd spoken to him. Then he called in the evening and said I would like to agree with what we'd spoken about earlier, and move things forward and start planning. That was great to hear, all I wanted to do is stay at the club - I love the club. To hear that was great."