+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Enhanced DBS Checks

Enhanced DBS Checks

Has anybody had one recently and how long do they take to come back?

I understand that there is a five-step process to it and the delay is usually due to the local police force (Step four).

I've had a few of them over the years but the longest I've ever had to wait was just under a fortnight. It's been just over a month now.

I'm not worrying about what is on it because I've got a clean record, but my worry is because I can't start my new job until I receive it.

By the way, I have contacted the company handling the DBS who said I have to talk to my new employer etc. I've spoken to my new employer and all they could offer was confirmation of it being sent off.

Re: Enhanced DBS Checks

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post

I understand that there is a five-step process to it and the delay is usually due to the local police force (Step four).

I've had a few of them over the years but the longest I've ever had to wait was just under a fortnight. It's been just over a month now.

I'm not worrying about what is on it because I've got a clean record, but my worry is because I can't start my new job until I receive it.

By the way, I have contacted the company handling the DBS who said I have to talk to my new employer etc. I've spoken to my new employer and all they could offer was confirmation of it being sent off.
    Usually six weeks.

Thanks Maxim. Do you know that 100%?

The last one i did it was six weeks that was about two years ago,but i have had one back with in two weeks.

I have them regularly through work and have to get them for my staff, although handled through HR.

I've always found it to be a complete lottery some taking 2 weeks others taking up to 12 depending on the resource and demand at DBS.

International

I had one last week and am starting my new job next week. some who completed the form the same time as me have already started.

Mine took less than a week to arrive only 2 weeks ago I applied

Depends on many factors. It's almost impossible to predict. You can track it online now though. I had a recent enhanced check that took 5 months.

Anyone know if spent convictions (drunk and disorderly 25 years ago) are wiped off?

More and more of these checks are now required, and of course when they get to the local police, there are less and less people to do the checks due to staff cuts. No comfort or help for you, but I suppose its like the old question, how long is a piece of string.

Thanks for your replies lads. I'll just have to wait.

Mine took about 2 weeks, that was at the start of march

Usually takes two /three weeks .