+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Many Cardiff games have you watched?

CardiffCitySince1927

How Many Cardiff games have you watched?

Me, about 287

Re: How Many Cardiff games have you watched?

Impossible to tell as I don’t keep a tally, especially the games I watched as a kid.
    At an extremely rough guess I’d say 500ish.

About 400 ish I think.

About 20 games a season for the last 10 seasons and about 10 a season during the previous 20.

Somewhere between 1200~1300

Too many

Around 400 I guess. Occasional games pre 2000. Variety of season tickets and odd games since then.

I was a "regular" from 1978 to 2017, going to most home games but only very occasional aways (including those rare Wembley appearances), so I would guess about 600 - 700. Moving away meant that it was getting too expensive even to get to home games and the fact that less and less games are on Saturday afternoons, which means I couldn't get there even if I could afford it, so my season ticket was becoming a waste of money! I never went to away games after City played Arsenal at the last game at the old Highbury stadium. It was a shameful time to be a City fan that day with some of our "fans" vandalising cars near the stadium and being obnoxious towards the local police.

Sorry meant to say the last year at the old Highbury Stadium

500 ish

About 200. Most of them before the 1993 season. I've probably only been to about a dozen games in the last 27 years.

I was bored a couple of months ago and tried to work it out. I reckoned I was close to 900 games.But think I may have missed some games back in the late eighties when I was playing local league football on Saturdays,so only got to see occasional midweek City games.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    I was bored a couple of months ago and tried to work it out. I reckoned I was close to 900 games.But think I may have missed some games back in the late eighties when I was playing local league football on Saturdays,so only got to see occasional midweek City games.
    Been going since 1962 but missed hundreds due to playing myself up to the age of 39. Hardly miss a home game from 62- 72 and did a fair few aways. It was midweeks then when playing, and I wouldn’t have missed playing for the world, but since wrapping in in ‘94 I must have done an average of about 30/35 a season. Jesus, I make it about 1050 up to now.

Probably around 500, only been 3 times last 2 seasons. Only started going regularly in my teens and before then when was forced

Most home games since 1958.

Started 1959, had a break 1978/1988 (paying a mortgage)

I can’t be arsed counting, is it over 2000

About a thousand.

Probably about a thousand as well which isn't as impressive as it sounds because I started watching in 1957. Haven't seen too many away games since my teens and probably have fonder memories of being a regular in the lower divisions than watching us in the Premier (not a patch on the old first division when we beat teams like Manure and double winning Spurs).

Wink Re: How Many Cardiff games have you watched?

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffCitySince1927 View Post
    Me, about 287
    12 home games missed in total since my first game in August 1962.

Had about 10 years or so of regular away game attendance in my younger days (a long time ago!) then again regular away attendance with my dad until he passed away 20 years ago. These days only go to a few away games per season.

Can`t be bothered to work out how many games that amounts to. What do you think I am , an accountant or something

About 5 or 6 games a season between 1975 and 1977 (I lived a long way away), then every home game between 1977 and 1981, with 4 or 5 aways a season. The odd game between 1982 and 1990 (I lived in London and worked most weekends), then every home game between 1990 to 2011, most away games in the same period, with 2 seasons where I did every home and away (whilst living in London). Then every home game apart from the odd one, between 2011 until now, with about 7 or 8 away games a season. In 2008 I went to every FA Cup game we played. I've also been to a number of Youth FA Cup games when they've been played in London between about 1990 and 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffCitySince1927 View Post
    Me, about 287
    'about 287'?

I could understand 'about 300' or 'about 280', but 'about 287'? What made you come up with such a precise (not rounded up or down) number?

I couldn't guess my total. It varied so much over many years as circumstances changed.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    'about 287'?

I could understand 'about 300' or 'about 280', but 'about 287'? What made you come up with such a precise (not rounded up or down) number?

I couldn't guess my total. It varied so much over many years as circumstances changed.
    He has probably been a fan for 41 seasons and goes to 7 games a year.

Or has been a fan for 7 seasons and goes to 41 games a year.

Almost certainly this.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    He has probably been a fan for 41 seasons and goes to 7 games a year.

Or has been a fan for 7 seasons and goes to 41 games a year.

Almost certainly this.
    Or a fan for 10 seasons and gone to 28.7 a year

I reckon i'm on about 1,000 home games and close to 500 away games at a guess.

i would hazard a guess of around 1200 games both home and away

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    i would hazard a guess of around 1200 games both home and away
    Gosh may I 🥉🥉🥉🥉🥉🙌 your presence, that's a great statistic to be proud off.👏👏👏👏👏👏