Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 32

Thread: Who do we want first game?

  1. #1

    Who do we want first game?

    Heard a rumour itís Derby away.
    However, should that be rubbish, Iíd quite like Luton home.

  2. #2

    Re: Who do we want first game?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Heard a rumour itís Derby away.
    However, should that be rubbish, Iíd quite like Luton home.
    Don't want Luton. Someone like Reading or QPR at home would be ideal.

  3. #3

    Re: Who do we want first game?

    Brentford or West Brom away.

  4. #4

    Re: Who do we want first game?

    We'll be away due to the 'massive' Manchester Utd vs AC Milan Champions Challenger Kings Trophy or something or other at the Millenium Stadium where you get to see greats like Dan James, Phil Jones and Scott whatsisname for £50 and get to wear your Rooney and Beckham shirt whilst banging on you've supported them since Charlton and Best when its the only game you're likely to see them in 20 years

    We'll also be live on telly on the friday night or Sunday I'd guess

    Derby away or Stoke sounds about right

  5. #5

    Re: Who do we want first game?

    It’ll be away to one of the promoted clubs

  6. #6

    Re: Who do we want first game?

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It’ll be away to one of the promoted clubs
    Charlton away at a guess.

  7. #7

    Re: Who do we want first game?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Heard a rumour it’s Derby away.
    However, should that be rubbish, I’d quite like Luton home.

    Can’t be Derby away
    It doesn’t often snow in August

    I think

  8. #8

    Re: Who do we want first game?

    Rumour is Barnsley away.

  9. #9

    Re: Who do we want first game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    Rumour is Barnsley away.
    Grow up.

  10. #10

    Re: Who do we want first game?

    Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Can’t be Derby away
    It doesn’t often snow in August

    I think
    Strange but true, as a student in Derby many years ago, it did snow in June. Derby away last match of the season could be good⛷

  11. #11

    Re: Who do we want first game?

    We need to get off to the best possible start with three points in the bag..... Leeds away

  12. #12

    Re: Who do we want first game?

    Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    We'll be away due to the 'massive' Manchester Utd vs AC Milan Champions Challenger Kings Trophy or something or other at the Millenium Stadium where you get to see greats like Dan James, Phil Jones and Scott whatsisname for £50 and get to wear your Rooney and Beckham shirt whilst banging on you've supported them since Charlton and Best when its the only game you're likely to see them in 20 years

    We'll also be live on telly on the friday night or Sunday I'd guess

    Derby away or Stoke sounds about right

  13. #13

    Re: Who do we want first game?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Heard a rumour it’s Derby away.
    However, should that be rubbish, I’d quite like Luton home.
    Well I'm very naive. I always thought that the computer would generate the fixtures at the date and time stated. I didn't realise that they're arranged before then!

  14. #14

    Re: Who do we want first game?

    It's Luton.

  15. #15

    Re: Who do we want first game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Grow up.
    I'm 6foot 4 inches. Oakwell here we come.

  16. #16

    Re: Who do we want first game?

    Swansea home .

  17. #17

    Re: Who do we want first game?

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Swansea home .
    No, I'd prefer that a good few games in. Maybe around October time.

  18. #18

    Re: Who do we want first game?

    It'll be Blackburn away

  19. #19
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    8,298

    Re: Who do we want first game?

    I don't care who comes up first. Big name, small name, home or away. I just want a good start and 3 points.

  20. #20

    Re: Who do we want first game?

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    No, I'd prefer that a good few games in. Maybe around October time.
    I'd like them away in the second game , the reason why , it's out of the way, and of our system,to enable us to go on and win the league. Bugger them.

  21. #21

    Re: Who do we want first game?

    Donít really care but it would be nice for once to have the first game, Boxing Day and last game at home as if I correctly recall all these fixtures were away last season.

  22. #22

    Re: Who do we want first game?

    Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Strange but true, as a student in Derby many years ago, it did snow in June. Derby away last match of the season could be good⛷
    https://www.buxtonadvertiser.co.uk/l...xton-1-3493083

  23. #23
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    5,946

    Re: Who do we want first game?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Heard a rumour it’s Derby away.
    However, should that be rubbish, I’d quite like Luton home.
    Can't be Derby, it's too early for snow, even up there.

  24. #24
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    5,946

    Re: Who do we want first game?

    Fulham.

  25. #25

    Re: Who do we want first game?

    Who was it who said it would be Bournemouth away last year - I'd be interested to hear their opinion.

    We've been away on the first day for the past three years, so I reckon we'll be at home this time.

    The first meeting with the jacks in recent years has tended to be in November - I reckon that'll be the case this time as well.

  26. #26

    Re: Who do we want first game?

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Who was it who said it would be Bournemouth away last year - I'd be interested to hear their opinion.

    We've been away on the first day for the past three years, so I reckon we'll be at home this time.

    The first meeting with the jacks in recent years has tended to be in November - I reckon that'll be the case this time as well.
    Man Utd are playing AC Milan on Saturday 3rd at the Millennium. I'd imagine we'll almost certainly be away from home.

  27. #27

    Re: Who do we want first game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Man Utd are playing AC Milan on Saturday 3rd at the Millennium. I'd imagine we'll almost certainly be away from home.
    Or, Friday night, Sunday

  28. #28

    Re: Who do we want first game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Man Utd are playing AC Milan on Saturday 3rd at the Millennium. I'd imagine we'll almost certainly be away from home.
    MU in the "International champions cup".
    Going back a bit aren't they?

  29. #29

    Re: Who do we want first game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Man Utd are playing AC Milan on Saturday 3rd at the Millennium. I'd imagine we'll almost certainly be away from home.
    Unless the BBC have been on the phone to SW Police and have told them they want another Panorama documentary.

    In which case it will be Millwall home 3pm.

  30. #30

    Re: Who do we want first game?

    The NFL of next season kicks off with the historic rivalry of Chicago versus Green Bay. Why can't we kick off the season with a massive game in the same fashion?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •