+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Michel Platini Arrested

Michel Platini Arrested

Over awarding of 2022 World Cup to Qatar.

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...-2022-to-qatar

Re: Michel Platini Arrested

Good. Glad to see some action being taken on this. So obviously corrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Good. Glad to see some action being taken on this. So obviously corrupt.
    You'd expect this sort of thing from crooked administrators, but not from players with glittering football careers, and outstanding legacies to protect. If he did get himself involved in all of this, all I can say is he was very stupid to even contemplate the idea.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

I’m sure he’s just the tip of a corrupt uefa iceberg

He's not been arrested, yet. Just questioned. And I doubt he cares, he's probably been clever enough to cover his tracks and if they had any evidence, they'd have arrested him. Him, Blatter etc did it for so long, for so many years I hope they got locked up but I doubt it.

I saw a stat on Twitter this morning saying that if we were to hold a minute of silence for every estimated death of a migrant worker due to the constructions of the Qatar World Cup, the first 44 matches of the tournament would be played in silence.

Shameful

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I saw a stat on Twitter this morning saying that if we were to hold a minute of silence for every estimated death of a migrant worker due to the constructions of the Qatar World Cup, the first 44 matches of the tournament would be played in silence.

Shameful
    That stat was from months ago, too. There's been more deaths in Qatar than building every single World Cup, Euros, Olympic games and Commonwealth games combined; by miles. And also, that's only the official deaths Qatar have reported. It's an absolute disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's not been arrested, yet. Just questioned. And I doubt he cares, he's probably been clever enough to cover his tracks and if they had any evidence, they'd have arrested him. Him, Blatter etc did it for so long, for so many years I hope they got locked up but I doubt it.
    He's being questioned in custody though, so he can't collude with his co-conspirators. They must have something on him.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He's being questioned in custody though, so he can't collude with his co-conspirators. They must have something on him.
    The original Sky News report said he had been arrested. I knew I should have phoned up the Anti-Corruption Office of the Judicial Police in Paris to confirm it

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Over awarding of 2022 World Cup to Qatar.

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...-2022-to-qatar
    So obvious, worst most corrupt decision ever.....bit like the europa league final this year

fantastic news ...hope he spends a long time in prison corrupt dirty barsteward

Is it too late to take the World Cup away from Qatar? If bribes are officially confirmed isn’t there grounds to move it elsewhere? Plenty of countries out there who have everything in place to host it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancydan View Post
    Is it too late to take the World Cup away from Qatar? If bribes are officially confirmed isn’t there grounds to move it elsewhere? Plenty of countries out there who have everything in place to host it tomorrow.
    What a punishment that would be!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    That stat was from months ago, too. There's been more deaths in Qatar than building every single World Cup, Euros, Olympic games and Commonwealth games combined; by miles. And also, that's only the official deaths Qatar have reported. It's an absolute disgrace.
    How many will watch it , with this actual fact known ?

Will anyone be surprised by this, seriously ?