+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The World's gone mad!

Re: The World's gone mad!

I'm siding with the yoga girl on this one, having been hit by a cyclist on the pavement before I have little sympathy for them and their generally cavalier attitude to the road.

He also had time to use his horn, shout and swerve in the direction she was returning to.

Got to love the photos these rags select.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I'm siding with the yoga girl on this one, having been hit by a cyclist on the pavement before I have little sympathy for them and their generally cavalier attitude to the road.

He also had time to use his horn, shout and swerve in the direction she was returning to.

Got to love the photos these rags select.
    Fair enough if you got hit on the pavement, but this girls stepped on to the Rd without looking whilst on her mobile phone.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Fair enough if you got hit on the pavement, but this girls stepped on to the Rd without looking whilst on her mobile phone.
    We should start a new thread on obscure or little known traffic regs.Without checking pedestrians have right of way on the road regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    We should start a new thread on obscure or little known traffic regs.Without checking pedestrians have right of way on the road regardless.
    Are we singing from the same hymn sheet here.?
    Obviously if a pedestrian is on a road, then they are no 1 priority, and have right of way, but if they step off a pavement, in front of a moving vehicle, that’s travelling at a legal speed, without looking, or distracted by looking at a mob phone, or listening to headphones, then they surely take the blame, if they get hit by said vehicle?
    Last edited by William Treseder; 19-06-19 at 15:11. Reason: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    On a similar theme, in Norway pedestrians have right of way the instant they step onto a zebra crossing and don't have to wait for traffic to stop. Any car user running over a pedestrian on a zebra crossing gets an immediate, no questions asked, ban.
    What annoys me is when cyclists use pedestrian crossings. You're looking in the immediate vicinity of the crossing if a pedestrian is approaching and if so, of course, you stop. But you're not likely to notice a cyclist approaching at a lick so may not stop. I've no doubt the car driver would be blamed though.

An apt footnote to the name of this thread as the cyclist will have to fork out 100k court costs.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-London.html

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    An apt footnote to the name of this thread as the cyclist will have to fork out 100k court costs.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-London.html
    Although that ruling appears to be so unfair, Cyclists all over the UK should take note of this, and get themselves insured.
    A guys life seems to be near to ruin, because some daft woman steps out while on her mobile phone and not paying due attention.. This really is a case where the laws an ass.