+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Monk gone...

Monk gone...

Re: Monk gone...

Derby’s next manager lined up

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Derby’s next manager lined up
    I can't see Lampard going to Chelsea. They're in a transitional phase, they have to replace Hazard. They need a top manager with European experience.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I can't see Lampard going to Chelsea. They're in a transitional phase, they have to replace Hazard. They need a top manager with European experience.
    It's just right for a Jose return .

What a stupid decision from a club in turmoil. Perhaps we should thank our lucky stars we have an owner who has stabilised the club financially and not have the kind of ownership that Birmingham have.

They never told him that they were swapping Jota for Gardner, pissed him off big style

They are mad , this list of decent managers since 2016 proves it :

Gary Rowett
    Gianfranco Zola
    Harry Redknapp
    Lee Carsley caretaker
    Steve Cotterill
    Garry Monk

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It's just right for a Jose return .
    IT IS!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    They are mad , this list of decent managers since 2016 proves it :

Gary Rowett
    Gianfranco Zola
    Harry Redknapp
    Lee Carsley caretaker
    Steve Cotterill
    Garry Monk
    The 2 biggest names on your list were not decent for them. Zola out of his depth and Redknapp out of his money tree!

International

They cannot replace Hazard. They're under a transfer embargo.

They're under a transfer ban, they can't replace Hazard. No top manager wants that job.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    What a stupid decision from a club in turmoil. Perhaps we should thank our lucky stars we have an owner who has stabilised the club financially and not have the kind of ownership that Birmingham have.
    Strange set of circumstances around Gary Monk.
    Did reasonably well at Leeds, then sacked, same at Middlesborough and now Birmingham.
    Given the fact that they were one of the potential relegation teams at the start of the season, coupled with the FFP fines/points deductions (all the fault of the board) seems to me they are looking for a scapegoat to hide their own inadequacies.?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Strange set of circumstances around Gary Monk.
    Did reasonably well at Leeds, then sacked, same at Middlesborough and now Birmingham.
    Given the fact that they were one of the potential relegation teams at the start of the season, coupled with the FFP fines/points deductions (all the fault of the board) seems to me they are looking for a scapegoat to hide their own inadequacies.?
    Or maybe he’s a miserable t wat

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They're under a transfer ban, they can't replace Hazard. No top manager wants that job.
    I'm assuming they'd like to hire someone for more than one season. Next summer is going to be huge for them. If I was Abramovich, I'd want someone more experienced than Lampard. I'd probably go for Rafa.

I'm assuming they'd like to hire someone for more than one season. Next summer is going to be huge for them. If I was Abramovich, I'd want someone more experienced than Lampard. I'd probably go for Rafa.
    Chelsea fans hate Rafa. It's also Chelsea, managers don't last more than a season so why take the job when you're already in catch up mode? You might even get sacked. Lampard could blood the youth, keep them in top 6 and then he may be the fall guy. He also might knock it out of the park. Chelsea have a ridiculous youth team and it's about time they took advantage of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Chelsea fans hate Rafa. It's also Chelsea, managers don't last more than a season so why take the job when you're already in catch up mode? You might even get sacked. Lampard could blood the youth, keep them in top 6 and then he may be the fall guy. He also might knock it out of the park. Chelsea have a ridiculous youth team and it's about time they took advantage of that.
    Hopefully Lampard will struggle at Chelsea (if appointed) and will be well out of his depth there, with them only ending up slightly above mid-table. That's my wish anyway. Same with Man Utd. Hope they struggle big-time under Ole and start the season off the way they finished it i.e. looking like a team heading for relegation. Be good to see two of the main plastics under performing next season and letting two other teams instead, join the 'big' six.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Hopefully Lampard will struggle at Chelsea (if appointed) and will be well out of his depth there, with them only ending up slightly above mid-table. That's my wish anyway. Same with Man Utd. Hope they struggle big-time under Ole and start the season off the way they finished it i.e. looking like a team heading for relegation. Be good to see two of the main plastics under performing next season and letting two other teams instead, join the 'big' six.
    Big 6 rely on Champs League money. Even if those two drop out, the top 4 are miles ahead of the rest. Man United were bloody awful last season, they were still 9 clear of Wolves.

Birmingham Chief Executive claims Gary Monk was fired after a dispute over use of his agent https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...mpression=true