+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jack's Skint!!

Jack's Skint!!

According to BBC Wales Jack's manager Steve Cooper will have to rely on loan signings for the foreseeable future!!

Re: Jack's Skint!!

No buckets this time please.

The average loss in the championship is 15 million a season. We are all skint

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Not with our parachute payments

After that, creek, paddle, without etc

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    True enough.
    Given the situation down west, this is probably a good appointment.
    Wages not high, no transfer fund, bring the youngsters through, sell anyone worth reasonable money.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    True enough.
    Given the situation down west, this is probably a good appointment.
    Wages not high, no transfer fund, bring the youngsters through, sell anyone worth reasonable money.
    As good a plan for league 1 football as I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    As good a plan for league 1 football as I've seen.
    Isn’t league two the plan for agent cooper......

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Isn’t league two the plan for agent cooper......
    Now,now,don't get overly under ambitious.

Is there any players we could nick on the cheap

Whilst they are being shafted by their American owners, you can also argue that their current approach is the only way for a club of their size (ours as well) to remain sustainable.

Some of the money being spent on by the top half championship clubs and the lower half premier league clubs is reckless and ridiculous.

I hope we now move into a time where clubs will be more willing to develop their own talent and allow it to flourish rather than go for a 'success now' approach.

There is definitely a gap in the market for Swansea to exploit at present. If you remember a few years back when Southampton were churning out player after player through their academy, there's no doubt youngsters turned down more illustrious clubs to join Southampton due to the realistic chance of first team football.

Swansea now have the chance to become the Southampton of the next few years if they're patient.

I hope more clubs do this, as last nights u21 game showed, English players have closed the gap on their European counterparts substantially in the last few years.
    England kept the ball better than a good France team for long periods and would have won in my opinion if Choudary didn't see the red mist.

I hope more clubs do this, as last nights u21 game showed, English players have closed the gap on their European counterparts substantially in the last few years.
    England kept the ball better than a good France team for long periods and would have won in my opinion if Choudary didn't see the red mist.
    I half-wonder whether England have spent more money on developing their national side than any other country in the world since 1966 - I suppose they were always going to get it right eventually. However, part of them getting it right was appointing the right youth coaches and one of those is Cooper, alongside Marsh, so hopefully positive move for the Jacks and for Welsh football in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Not with our parachute payments

After that, creek, paddle, without etc
    Even with our parachute money , our income this season will only be around half of what it was last season , so financial belts will have to be tightened accordingly. We don`t just lose loads of t.v. deal income , but match day income, sponsorship and advertising revenues will also drop considerably. That gap of around £60m in reduced income has to be covered somehow.

There will be a considerable saving in wages from the fact that big contract wage increases given in the Premier will be reversed (in the same contract terms) next season making current players more affordable. Plus very big savings from not having to pay loan fees and very big wages for Arter, Niasse and Camarasa.
    Others who have left the club such as Gunnar, O`Keefe and Harris should free up some leeway for replacement player wages but it would be handy to get the likes of Tomlin and Madine off the wage bill for similar reasons (maybe even get some transfer money in for them as well).

Perhaps less popular might be selling on some players such as Etheridge or Manga for substantial transfer fees to fund new players in other parts of the pitch where we are weaker.

Overall , I think we have a decent Championship squad as it is , but we need a few new faces of better quality than we have to really push for a promotion as the standard in the Championship is, in my opinion, higher than it was when we were last here.

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    Even with our parachute money , our income this season will only be around half of what it was last season , so financial belts will have to be tightened accordingly. We don`t just lose loads of t.v. deal income , but match day income, sponsorship and advertising revenues will also drop considerably. That gap of around £60m in reduced income has to be covered somehow.

There will be a considerable saving in wages from the fact that big contract wage increases given in the Premier will be reversed (in the same contract terms) next season making current players more affordable. Plus very big savings from not having to pay loan fees and very big wages for Arter, Niasse and Camarasa.
    Others who have left the club such as Gunnar, O`Keefe and Harris should free up some leeway for replacement player wages but it would be handy to get the likes of Tomlin and Madine off the wage bill for similar reasons (maybe even get some transfer money in for them as well).

Perhaps less popular might be selling on some players such as Etheridge or Manga for substantial transfer fees to fund new players in other parts of the pitch where we are weaker.

Overall , I think we have a decent Championship squad as it is , but we need a few new faces of better quality than we have to really push for a promotion as the standard in the Championship is, in my opinion, higher than it was when we were last here.
    Slightly tongue in cheek comment, we need to cut our cloth accordingly so we aren't in the same mess that clubs like Villa etc should have found themselves in.

Also, every season people think the Championship is either the worst ever, or best ever. It's always ridiculously competitive and that's great! We were in a division with Wolves, Villa, Fulham, Derby etc and got out of it. I think it's always about the same and we'll be a team nobody wants to face.