+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Portable phone chargers

Portable phone chargers

I have had my smart phone for about 2 years and I am really happy with it but as usual the battery only lasts one day. I have invested in a cheap portable phone charger and was a bit shocked to find that it only charges the phone up by 30%. I thought (perhaps stupidly) that it would charge the phone up fully. Any comments from anyone. In my case the phone is old and the portable charger was only a tenner.

Re: Portable phone chargers

Put a new battery in your phone, or get a higher capacity external battery for a bit more than you paid.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07L4NC5RQ

International

My charger will charge my Samsung twice no problem

Mophie have a good reputation for battery cases. Take a look at them. Not sure what brands they cover.

Ta for the help, let this be a lesson to fellow cheapskates. You get what you pay for.

If you are looking to get an external power bank then I can highly recommend the Anker ones from Amazon. Depending on what kind of phone you have some of the top end ones might be overkill - but if you have other people using it at the same time it may be worth paying the extra.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=anker+p...f=nb_sb_noss_2

Oh, cue the hilarious 'you missed a w off there'.

Agree with Maccy, Anker make good kit and its the best one Ive had.

Get one thats at least 5000mah, that'll do an iphone to full charge 2 or maybe 3 times.

Ive made the mistake of buying tat off ebay and regretted it. Buy a decent one 5000mah or even 10000mah+ if you're a heavy user and wont see a charge point for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post

Get one thats at least 5000mah, that'll do an iphone to full charge 2 or maybe 3 times.

Ive made the mistake of buying tat off ebay and regretted it. Buy a decent one 5000mah or even 10000mah+ if you're a heavy user and wont see a charge point for a while.
    Anker rebadge generic Chinese products ...

This looks good if you want to attract members of the opposite sex .. 25000mah too! You'll never run of of Tinder juice

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07P5495YY/

buy a oneplus and never have any problems again.
    simple

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post

I bought a 10,000mah in Lidl a few years ago. Think it cost me about £12 but it's brilliant. Spent the same on a 50,000mah one from Wish and it's a pile of rubbish. I think they put an extra 0 on the end.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    buy a oneplus and never have any problems again.
    simple
    Seconded, my 6T is ridiculously good, best phone I've ever owned.

we have a shed load of them, loads of cheap ones, even ones from the pound shop ( yes £1 , it'll change the iphone about 40% more )

the cheap ones are good for the girls ( and myself ) to take out and if they get lost, its not the end of the world

We also have a Anker one, this will change 3 phones when out for the full day, ( mainly gets used in disney ( thats disneyworld ) where the phones are used for app's and a camera )

so my advice, a mixture of cheap and the anker