+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Man charged with Manslaughter in relation to Sala

Re: Man charged with Manslaughter in relation to Sala

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    He was 59

That wasn't the angle Tone, with this news topical today, I cannot remember reading if the pilot had been found.

Quote Originally Posted by Do me a Faerber View Post
    Right, so because it doesn't fit your two main suspects, Miss Marple, you have concluded the police are wrong.
    Idiot read it again i did not say the police were wrong i said they put out disinformation not to point to the suspect

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Idiot read it again i did not say the police were wrong i said they put out disinformation not to point to the suspect
    So, Miss Marple, the only logical explanation that the person who has been arrested does not fit either of your subjects is that they deliberately put out misinformation,

Wouldn't it be easier for them to say nothing instead?

If it's any consolation the name has been mentioned on here previously, but I'm not going to repeat it due to the ongoing criminal investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    If it's any consolation the name has been mentioned on here previously, but I'm not going to repeat it due to the ongoing criminal investigation.
    Hilarious that you of all people are acting so coy - The Times and Daily Mail have published stories naming him.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/p...ller-bcpf5bjjv

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...iano-Sala.html

Quote Originally Posted by Do me a Faerber View Post
    So, Miss Marple, the only logical explanation that the person who has been arrested does not fit either of your subjects is that they deliberately put out misinformation,
    Do some research, David Henderson is not 64 he is 61!

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    He arranged the replacement, who wasn’t qualified to do so....
    But here is the issue. The flight was properly organised for a daytime daylight flight.
    Going through the motions I think.

I suspect the paperwork matter was just lazyness that they had probably got away with before.

Do some research, David Henderson is not 64 he is 61!

Reports above say different?

Also named on LBC this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Hilarious that you of all people are acting so coy - The Times and Daily Mail have published stories naming him.

He has a carefully constructed internet persona to maintain to be fair ;-)

International

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    But here is the issue. The flight was properly organised for a daytime daylight flight.
    Going through the motions I think.

I suspect the paperwork matter was just lazyness that they had probably got away with before.
    I think the time may have been confused because pilots tend to work on the 24 hour clock and ordinary folk do not. so when the flight time from Nantes said 9 o'clock the pilot thought it was 9 AM but Sala assumed it was 9 PM, as the whole point of the private flight was to give him as much time to say his goodbyes as possible. This could be evinced by the fact that Ibbotson got up early, left the hotel for the 9 AM time then returned and booked back in again just for the rest of the day. This is only my opinion mind!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Not acting coy, the police who are investiging this case have asked people not to speculate in public.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Not acting coy, the police who are investigating this case have asked people not to speculate in public.
    There was plenty of speculation at the time of the accident some of which was confirmed by the CAA interim report to the extent that it is pretty obvious what happened. However, I guess that speculation should cease now as we want any guilty party to experience the full force of the law.

One disturbing thing mentioned in the press reports is that any licensing discrepancies as reported by the CAA (so is not speculation) could invalidate the insurance policy meaning whoever is determined to own Sala and his bereaved family, who have suffered beyond belief, may not get a penny. Sad the money side is likely to play a significant part but that's life I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    There was plenty of speculation at the time of the accident some of which was confirmed by the CAA interim report to the extent that it is pretty obvious what happened. However, I guess that speculation should cease now as we want any guilty party to experience the full force of the law.

One disturbing thing mentioned in the press reports is that any licensing discrepancies as reported by the CAA (so is not speculation) could invalidate the insurance policy meaning whoever is determined to own Sala and his bereaved family, who have suffered beyond belief, may not get a penny. Sad the money side is likely to play a significant part but that's life I guess.
    This is the thing - if the insurance is invalid - then a civil case will follow so it's important to define "ownership", "loss" and "culpability"
    I feel sorry for the pilots family if it ends up he is the fall guy as an civil claim against his estate will bankrupt it and the entity that the loss will ultimately sit with.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    This is the thing - if the insurance is invalid - then a civil case will follow so it's important to define "ownership", "loss" and "culpability"
    I feel sorry for the pilots family if it ends up he is the fall guy as an civil claim against his estate will bankrupt it and the entity that the loss will ultimately sit with.
    No point having a civil case if the guilty party is a man of straw.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I think the time may have been confused because pilots tend to work on the 24 hour clock and ordinary folk do not. so when the flight time from Nantes said 9 o'clock the pilot thought it was 9 AM but Sala assumed it was 9 PM, as the whole point of the private flight was to give him as much time to say his goodbyes as possible. This could be evinced by the fact that Ibbotson got up early, left the hotel for the 9 AM time then returned and booked back in again just for the rest of the day. This is only my opinion mind!
    Still, he knew he wasn’t licensed to fly at night, so shouldn’t have, particularly in winter, into a storm front.....madness

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post

Doesn’t sound like the pilots estate was worth much, was t he bankrupt and in debt?

these reports may have got the age wrong , it seems to be this chap,whcih makes sense :

June 20 – In an unexpected twist over the tragic death of Argentinian footballer who lost his life when a light aircraft carrying him to Cardiff two days after he signed for the club crashed into the English Channel, a 64-year-old man – who reports say is a pilot – has been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter.

The man was named in reports as David Henderson, who had apparently arranged for a fellow pilot to fly Sala on a return trip from France. David Ibbotson, who piloted the two-seater aircraft which crashed, also lost his life in the tragic accident in January. His body was never recovered.

Sala was being taken from his previous club Nantes to his new club Cardiff City, after he agreed to join the Welsh outfit for a record £15 million just days earlier. He then went back to northern France to collect his belongings and say goodbye to friends and teammates. The plane disappeared on the flight back to Wales and he never played for Cardiff, causing an outpouring of emotion at both the buying and selling clubs.

The tragedy has been mired in controversy – from the revelation that Ibbotson did not have a license to fly at night to Cardiff’s reluctance to pay the transfer fee Nantes believe they are owed. Sala’s father Horacio died of a heart attack just three months after his son perished.

The man arrested was released under investigation, with British press reports claiming he was a private pilot who worked regularly for Willie McKay, an agent linked to Sala’s transfer.

Detective Inspector Simon Huxter, who is carrying out the investigation, said in a statement: “We have carried out a wide-ranging investigation into the circumstances of the death of Mr Sala and continue to work with partner agencies including the Civil Aviation Authority.”

“As part of this investigation we have to consider whether there is any evidence of any suspected criminality and as a result of our enquiries we have … arrested a 64-year-old man … on suspicion of manslaughter by an unlawful act. He is assisting with our enquiries and has been released from custody under investigation.”

Contact the writer of this story at moc.llabtoofdlrowedisni@wahsraw.werdna