+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holtby Opens Talks?

Re: Holtby Opens Talks?

His stats for the last couple of years don't have that much attacking output, but he makes a lot of tackles

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    His stats for the last couple of years don't have that much attacking output, but he makes a lot of tackles
    I'm amazed. Doesn't sound like a Warnock player at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    He used to be good. Not sure if that is still true. Isn't he an attacking midfielder, though - a No 8?

Not being a follower of German 2nd Division football (there will be someone on here who is) my guess is that he is now looking for his big pay day whilst still the right side of 30.

I doubt we will be offering that - although a bit of quality (if still there) in midfield would be a good thing.
    You've done a good job in summing up the doubts I've always had about this rumour there Jon. Holtby's early career marked him out as something special, but it was on a downward trajectory when he scored for Fulham (who were just about the worst side I saw us play in 13/14) in their Premier League defeat here in March 2014 and it has, if anything, got steeper since then - take away all that early publicity and our pursuance of him would look very odd given his age and the wages he'd be likely to cost us.

He used to be good. Not sure if that is still true. Isn't he an attacking midfielder, though - a No 8?

Not being a follower of German 2nd Division football (there will be someone on here who is) my guess is that he is now looking for his big pay day whilst still the right side of 30.

I doubt we will be offering that - although a bit of quality (if still there) in midfield would be a good thing.
    I saw a German second division game in January. Does that make me an expert?

Linked to Rangers, Chicago Fire, Fenerbahce, Galatasaray, PAOK and Cardiff according to Sport Bild in Germany.
    Aye on his hols doing a world tour.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You've done a good job in summing up the doubts I've always had about this rumour there Jon. Holtby's early career marked him out as something special, but it was on a downward trajectory when he scored for Fulham (who were just about the worst side I saw us play in 13/14) in their Premier League defeat here in March 2014 and it has, if anything, got steeper since then - take away all that early publicity and our pursuance of him would look very odd given his age and the wages he'd be likely to cost us.
    Question is though, is he better than what we have ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Question is though, is he better than what we have ?
    Well, we currently have Damour and Ralls. So, yes. Is he what we need is anyone's guess. I don't think he's been playing number 10 for a while but my knowledge of Bundesliga 2 isn't exactly detailed!

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/41...w/Lewis-Holtby

https://www.transfermarkt.com/lewis-.../spieler/55508

Seems to still be playing as an attacking midfielder, but not outstanding in that respect with 5 goals and 6 assists (although by no means awful) .
    Interesting though that he had one of the highest number of tackles in the league