+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ken Zohore

Ken Zohore

Not the biggest fan of Ken but he’s going to smash the championship this season.
    Anyone disagreeing bookmark this thread. 👍

Re: Ken Zohore

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Not the biggest fan of Ken but he’s going to smash the championship this season.
    Anyone disagreeing bookmark this thread. ��
    Gosh that's a question NW must ponder every day .

He is probably very good at this level ,what worries me his ambition to deliver it ,he seems to be a player that needs a lot going his way ,tactics to suite his style of play, not liking of the bustle of British footy , has bouts within the of the season why he looks so disinterested ,he is not a roll your sleeve up player ,closest player to Bothroyd I've seen .

An enigma and a very frustrating one for many fans , as we know what he can do ,add a Patterson motivation to him ,and wow we have a good player on our hands .

To directly answer the question though ( god knows )

He's inconsistent, and will smash it for two weeks max.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He's inconsistent, and won't smash it for months max.
    fixed

And when he does,sell the bugger quick this time.

I would love to be proven wrong but he's just not consistently good.

Paterson did more up front for us last season than Zohore. Says a lot.

Usually injured and when he's fit he looks like he can't be arsed, the occasional wonder goal is not good enough.

Get rid.
    Let’s move on. He did well for a couple of months but that’s it. He’s been here for 4 years.

One more chance.

He’s got the ability to be a good/top Championship striker.

Premier League? Probably not, but how many strikers can actually cut it at that level? A handful

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Get rid.
    Let’s move on. He did well for a couple of months but that’s it. He’s been here for 4 years.
    Wow is it really that long.

I like him, I think he'll do well this year.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I like him, I think he'll do well this year.
    I live in hope more than expectation. He's got the raw tools but there are massive question marks about his mentality. He can't be given too many more chances but I'd want to see how he does after a full pre-season. If after 5 games he hasn't shown his previous abilty, he has to go (imo).

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I live in hope more than expectation. He's got the raw tools but there are massive question marks about his mentality. He can't be given too many more chances but I'd want to see how he does after a full pre-season. If after 5 games he hasn't shown his previous abilty, he has to go (imo).
    5 games ?

If we are to give him a chance it will need to be until Christmas at least as we won’t be able to get rid.

He’s the best striker at the club ( counting Reid as a no 10). Ward works hard and has a bigger heart and is better in the air but doesn’t have the pace, power and skill of Zohore.. and so think we can forget Healey and Bogle

If he comes good we will be right up there.

I wouldn’t write him off just yet ( or after 5 games)

Zohore is not the first striker to struggle in the Prem. Gayle, Nugent, Chopra, Earnshaw, the list is endless.

Doesn’t mean he won’t bounce back this year

He strikes me as someone who has just stumbled across football and thought he might give it a go. His heart just doesn't seem in it, nowhere near enough desire displayed. I don't mean kissing the badge or punching the air and that kind of thing, but c'mon, where's the spark in the guy?

We'll be having this kind of debate all season with Zohore, he'll have little purple patches and then long barren spells. We need to move him out (others too!) and try and get a more consistent striker in.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    5 games ?

If we are to give him a chance it will need to be until Christmas at least as we won’t be able to get rid.

He’s the best striker at the club ( counting Reid as a no 10). Ward works hard and has a bigger heart and is better in the air but doesn’t have the pace, power and skill of Zohore.. and so think we can forget Healey and Bogle

Can we afford to give him 23 games in the first team if he's not performing in the hope that he comes good all of a sudden? Is the potential to get rid of him to another team worth more than our season?

You make it out like I'm saying a new signing should only be given 5 games before getting rid... with Zohore, his form in our promotion season was erratic and he looked a shell of himself in the Premier League - so it's that form + 5 games.

As I said in my last post, I hope he performs but he can't continue to get in the team if he's not performing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    He strikes me as someone who has just stumbled across football and thought he might give it a go. His heart just doesn't seem in it, nowhere near enough desire displayed. I don't mean kissing the badge or punching the air and that kind of thing, but c'mon, where's the spark in the guy?

We'll be having this kind of debate all season with Zohore, he'll have little purple patches and then long barren spells. We need to move him out (others too!) and try and get a more consistent striker in.
    I agree with most of this, lovely fella, but we need more from our supposedly top front player

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Can we afford to give him 23 games in the first team if he's not performing in the hope that he comes good all of a sudden? Is the potential to get rid of him to another team worth more than our season?

You make it out like I'm saying a new signing should only be given 5 games before getting rid... with Zohore, his form in our promotion season was erratic and he looked a shell of himself in the Premier League - so it's that form + 5 games.

As I said in my last post, I hope he performs but he can't continue to get in the team if he's not performing.
    The way I read your post you were on about getting rid of him rather than dropping him.

Which we couldn’t until after Christmas

Do we really need another thread on this

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    5 games ?

Of those 4 options, here's the goals per game average of all from the 2017/18 season (Championship only):

Reid - 0.41
    Zohore - 0.25
    Bogle - 0.22
    Ward - 0.21

I think it might be worth mentioning that Paterson managed 0.32 goals a game during the same season.

Goodnight all, see yous tomorrow